McLaren MP4-25 launch pictures

2010 F1 season

Button and Hamilton reveal the McLaren-Mercedes MP4-25

Button and Hamilton reveal the McLaren-Mercedes MP4-25

McLaren has launched its 2010 challenger, the MP4-25.

The MP4-25 was officially presented at the headquarters of title sponsor Vodafone, with Lewis Hamilton joined by new team mate Jenson Button.

Some images of the MP4-25 leaked online ahead of its official launch. Here are studio photographs of the car and pictures from the launch.

McLaren-Mercedes MP4-25 launch

McLaren MP4-25 launch pictures

Images ?? www.mclaren.com

141 comments on McLaren MP4-25 launch pictures

1 2 3 5
  1. grant said on 29th January 2010, 11:42

I think it will blow ferrari away

• CounterStrike said on 29th January 2010, 11:45

No it won’t. It’ll annihilate them ;)

• Here we go….

• K, please don’t get upset about people ridicularizing Ferrari here. I’ve given up a while ago (back when mp4-19b was here), and my quality of life improved =P

No matter what you say, they won’t listen, anyway, and Ferrari is the devil while McLaren is the Almighty God, even when Ferrari is advocating changes that would favour McLaren too…

• Hammad said on 29th January 2010, 12:57

I’m sure there’s gonna be a lot of Mercedes and Schuey bashing as well… especially if they do well

• I’m not upset, I just find it funny that people are so quick to say these things.

Ferrari is probably my favourite team but I’m not a hardcore Tifosi, I don’t really mind if they loose.

• Rubel_Frm_BD said on 28th February 2010, 9:15

Hey i am totally agree with u. They called Ferrari a cheat but they forget that it is Mclaren who stole the Ferrari’s design, did chetting in races (hamilton let passes Trulli) even have some penalti for cheating and fined 100 million.

Ferrari’s design is working very well and its is a very strong car

• griff said on 24th July 2010, 13:57

ridicularizing? That’s not even a real word

• Vince said on 29th January 2010, 14:22

It looks like an RB5/Brawn Hybrid.
        The Brawn sidepods, Redbull nose and
        engine cover, and Ferrari’s rear wing!
        They should have tried to continue to evolve their own car instead of copying others.
        I think they got it wrong anyway, it looks too
        heavy in the mid-section.

• thestig84 said on 29th January 2010, 15:30

Nothing at all like the brawn side pods. They are square for christs sake!! I cant see how this is a copy of anything tbh. Mclaren should have asked you….they spent all the time and money and you could have told them it is wrong by just looking at a few pictures!

• CounterStrike said on 29th January 2010, 15:35

Stig, I have to admit that ice car you made beats all competition mate. :) Really marvelous engine cover design. Reminded my of the 89,90,91 Mclaren engine covers.

Could you post a link to the pic? The forum’s dead at the moment.

• CounterStrike said on 29th January 2010, 15:36

And I bet you could have even made this complex Shark fin!

• Vince said on 29th January 2010, 16:13

Sorry Mate, I didn’t mean to get under your skin, I was just trying to prove a point to the previous posters by repeating some of the ridiculous comments made about a red car yesterday. Of course those comments weren’t ridiculous though they were the truth, and
            mine are ridiculous.

• It looks craptastic!

It would win the award of ugliest car I have seen in a while….

• Oh yeah :)

• Bartholomew said on 30th January 2010, 11:06

I think that McLaren has launched a dummy car with the fin covering the engine, so that Ferrari says “my gosh, this is what we have not thought about” and they start working on their version of it.
      When Ferrari gets to Bahrain they will find that their car is 1 second a lap slower because of the fin. This is something that McLaren already knew this past month of October, after computer simulations.
      McLaren will unveil a new aero package in Bahrain, with a conventional engine cover among other things, and be really fast.

Ron has sharpened his wit after years of dealing with Bernie and Max.
      By the time Ferrari finds out about the trick, it will be June

• Keith Collantine (@keithcollantine) said on 30th January 2010, 11:11

Actually at one point Hamilton said they don’t always present the same chassis at the launch they take to test – but on this occasion they did. The same car that was on the stage yesterday will be pounding around Valencia on Monday.

• that comment just about sums up the views on this site. I doubt any of you have even been to a race let alone seen a n F1 car in the flesh.

‘Ron’, my friend, has nothing to do with F1 and hasn’t for the past two years.

All we need to do now is keep our ridicules comments to ourselves and watch the red cars win the championship again.

Remember, It is better to remain quiet and be thought of as a fool that to open your mouths and have it confirmed

2. CounterStrike said on 29th January 2010, 11:43

Funny how the shark fin bisects Voda Fone on the rear wing. They could have done a better job of the front nosecone section.

Thanx for the pics Keith.

• Scribe said on 29th January 2010, 11:51

Huh, could you clarify that statement.

From below the front wing it looks much less agressive then it does from the top.

So radical top nose, tried and tested undernose? What would you have them do?

• Brad D said on 29th January 2010, 18:18

If that fin is attached to the wing like i think it is it’s going to significantly reduce the amount of airflow over the wing.

3. Jim N said on 29th January 2010, 11:44

What an incredible looking car. If it goes as well as it looks it will be unbeatable!

4. UnicornF1 said on 29th January 2010, 11:48

Great looking car!!!

5. Gusto said on 29th January 2010, 11:49

Have you noticed the inner wheel fairing with brake duct an winglet, is this on any other car?

6. Gusto said on 29th January 2010, 11:52

And the no photos rear end

• CounterStrike said on 29th January 2010, 11:56

haha :D love the description on the triple/quadruple decker diffuser covering :P

• Scribe said on 29th January 2010, 12:18

Its been speculated that quadruple diffuser and maybe even triples don’t work as well as doubles, the concept doesn’t follow as well there. Can’t wait for the damn things to be banned.

• I noticed that too… Looks interesting doesn’t it? :D

7. Gusto said on 29th January 2010, 11:55

the rear fin is more like a tadpole tail and less like a drywall partion between airflows

8. commodore said on 29th January 2010, 11:56

Hey Keith, any comparo pics bet’n this, the ferrari and the mclaren 09 ???would help .. thanks.

9. grant said on 29th January 2010, 11:57

do you guys think ferrari is sandbagging by saying they working on b version or you guys seriously think they have crap coming to them? is 2009 the downfall for ferrari for years to come. the turning point?

• CounterStrike said on 29th January 2010, 12:02

I don’t think they were sandbagging. Every one last year were banging about McLaren doing the same, but see what they turned out to be, a pig I would say.

I think ferrari are well past their glory days.

Welcome back the dark years of 1979-2000.

• Toby Bushby said on 29th January 2010, 12:39

If Ferrari built a b-spec, wouldn’t that be circumventing the resource restriction agreement? Surely it would?!

Would they shake it down at a Friday practice like Minardi did, or Campos plan to (allegedly). No is the answer. Not going to update it at all during the season, are you? Yeah right.

In my mind, if Ferrari build a b-spec in this “era”, they’re betraying FOTA’s agreement on resources, and the saddest part is that it wouldn’t surprise me in the least if they did. They tend to play buddies for as long as it suits them before heading to the piggy bank, (or Ross’ old drinking buddy, for example) in my opinion. The minute they’re in deep doodoo, they jump ship to protect the brand. That’s what they do, and stuff the rest, though they’re certainly not Robinson Crusoe in that department – making this comment relevant to the thread, if you catch my drift.

Frankly, I don’t like the look of this McLaren (much less than the Ferrari, in fact). I’ll even make a statement of opinion (and only opinion) – it actually looks slow….

10. It looks like the hungry beast.
    Far better than ferrari.
    What’s abt diffuser?

11. spawinte said on 29th January 2010, 12:00

That really is a breathtaking car

12. Bartholomew said on 29th January 2010, 12:02

Holy Moses ! spectacular — the best looking Mclaren ever.
    The unique vision of Ron taken forward as a sleek elegant spaceship.

13. Even though MP4-25 looks good, but Ferrari’s 2010 is stunning.

[Apologies to all UK fans who are supporting all U.K based team- McLaren]

14. Kutigz said on 29th January 2010, 12:05

Guys..this is indeed a glaring radical design – a ‘change’ phenomenon!
    In my own candid opinion, the designers had one thing in mind right from the drawing board – FLY…baby FLY!!!

15. the title is ours baby