McLaren MP4-25 launch today

Posted on | Author Keith Collantine

McLaren's MP4-25 was revealed early online
McLaren's MP4-25 was revealed early online

I’m heading to Vodafone’s headquarters today for the launch of McLaren’s 2010 F1 car, the MP4-25.

I intend to post updates from there throughout the day and McLaren are also broadcasting the launch online.

You can watch the McLaren launch live here.

The timetable for the launch is as follows (UK time):

11:00 – MP4-25 revealed
11:30 – Martin Whitmarsh, Jonathan Neale and Paddy Lowe press conference
12:00 – Jenson Button and Lewis Hamilton press conference

I’ll do my best to add updates from the launch here and on Twitter but as this is the first time I’ve been to a launch like this I can’t say exactly how it’s going to work.

We’ve already had lots of suggestions for questions to ask at the launch – if you’ve got any ideas or thoughts on the launch please post them below.

Update: McLaren have asked fans talking about the launch on Twitter to use the hashtag #MP425. Tweets using that tag will be displayed on a special Twitter wall at the McLaren Technology Centre. I can imagine a few people wanting to have some mischief with that so I hope McLaren have got filters in place. Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter.

Update 2: Some early pictures of the car have appeared already – see the comments for more.

McLaren-Mercedes MP4-25 launch pictures

201 comments on “McLaren MP4-25 launch today”

Jump to comment page: 1 2 3 5
  1. Thank you for any updates in advance Keith!

Hope you have a fantastic day! :D

2. Have fun Keith
    again, i am so jealous!

3. U r a superman.

4. CounterStrike
    29th January 2010, 8:12

Have a nice day Keith :)

5. All the best,we will keep ourselves updated

6. Hope you enjoy your day, it will be an experience!

7. HounslowBusGarage
    29th January 2010, 8:29

Enjoy. And if you could slip a MacLaren F1 into your back pocket for me, it would much appreciated.

1. It might have to be the standard edition… I think the ‘long tail’ version might stick out too much and someone might see.

8. I just hope McLaren’s new car looks nothing like last years Red Bull! We all know Adrian Newey is a genius when it comes to aerodynamics, and many times in the past other teams copied his ideas (he has made copies too). But come on you guys improvise a little bit! Unlike Ferrari (or should I say red Red Bull) Id love to see something new for a change today. Oh, and I dont care about its beauty. Its pure speed that concerns me, and well see some of that in the coming days hopefully. Like the grate Enzo Ferrari used say it looks ugly but its fast!

9. I wouldn’t mind quick AND beautiful

10. I’m so excited I could burst. I hope Lewis gets a car worthy of his brilliance.

1. I’m attempting to pretend I’m as excited about this as I was about Ferrari.

2. feelin that!

11. Have fun Keith, but i hope the car is not so great as Ferrari!
    Sorry McLaren fans but my blood is red, lol!

1. Well my blood is er silver and red.

YEAH coz itz got iron in it lol

1. The iron is actually what makes your blood red. Try again. :P

12. I would like to ask one question to Lewis Hamilton!
    I consider Lewis a great driver, no ofence to anyone, but “would he be ready to have the new Champion and actual number one driver having preferencial the treatment that Alonso never got in the McLaren garage or will his father starts calling for intervention from the Gods?”
    Once for all, i would like to see all padocks cleared of outside interventions and let the drivers fight inside the tracks with the same car.

1. If I can remember the beginning of 2007, Lewis was clear n2 and for the first 4 or 5 races, it was clear for everyone Alonso was n1 at McLaren’s.
      Only later did attention shift, and I believe that McLaren was honestly 100% behind the double world champion right until it became apparent the new kid in town was surprisingly just as good. (And probably easier to work with)

13. espn F1 is reporting that ferrari are workin on a ‘B’ spec car as they aren’t satisfied with their current ersion

1. Brawn has basically said thats what everybodys going to do.

Big Upgrade for Catalunya, an a very different looking car to arrive in Bahrain.

The Top three will look the most different if you ask me.

14. *version :)

15. I guess all teams are working in a completely different car for the first race, this launch is just for the pictures!
    They just want us all and especially the other teams this will be the car they will be racing!

16. have a good time!

anyone else not able to access the forums btw?

1. Praveen Titus
      29th January 2010, 10:38

yes, I’m not able to access the forums as well. Shows “unable to establish connection with database”

1. The forums aren’t working at the moment, and it has been said they may not be working until Sunday.

17. Prisoner Monkeys
    29th January 2010, 9:55

Hoping for, but not expecting, a change in the livery. Even a small one would be nice.

1. I’ll miss the silver colour.

1. Prisoner Monkeys
        29th January 2010, 10:07

Well, based on the first picture, they’ve kept it

1. yeah they said they would, for as long as they’re getting free engines the livery probably stays. Or at least the tri point star does.

LESS THAN 8minutes.

We might get mercedes badged vodaphone livery next year.

1. Haha, get a load of that front wing.

2. Sorry fellow McLaren fans but from the front that is not pretty! That high nose reminds me of BMW’s last season and the sidepod intakes are almost square! But from the side it looks pretty spectacular, elegantly sculpted at the back of the car. The question is, is it quick?

1. I disagree, I think this is that rare thing, a looker from all angles.

18. Prisoner Monkeys
    29th January 2010, 10:06

First picture has emerged:…/Mattzel/mc.jpg

It has a shark fin, damnit.

Jump to comment page: 1 2 3 5