McLaren MP4-25 launch today

McLaren's MP4-25 was revealed early online

McLaren's MP4-25 was revealed early online

I’m heading to Vodafone’s headquarters today for the launch of McLaren’s 2010 F1 car, the MP4-25.

I intend to post updates from there throughout the day and McLaren are also broadcasting the launch online.

You can watch the McLaren launch live here.

The timetable for the launch is as follows (UK time):

11:00 – MP4-25 revealed
11:30 – Martin Whitmarsh, Jonathan Neale and Paddy Lowe press conference
12:00 – Jenson Button and Lewis Hamilton press conference

I’ll do my best to add updates from the launch here and on Twitter but as this is the first time I’ve been to a launch like this I can’t say exactly how it’s going to work.

We’ve already had lots of suggestions for questions to ask at the launch – if you’ve got any ideas or thoughts on the launch please post them below.

Update: McLaren have asked fans talking about the launch on Twitter to use the hashtag #MP425. Tweets using that tag will be displayed on a special Twitter wall at the McLaren Technology Centre. I can imagine a few people wanting to have some mischief with that so I hope McLaren have got filters in place. Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter.

Update 2: Some early pictures of the car have appeared already – see the comments for more.

McLaren-Mercedes MP4-25 launch pictures

201 comments on McLaren MP4-25 launch today

1 2 3 7
  1. Rob B said on 29th January 2010, 8:08

Thank you for any updates in advance Keith!

Hope you have a fantastic day! :D

2. Thandi said on 29th January 2010, 8:09

Have fun Keith
    again, i am so jealous!

3. U r a superman.

4. CounterStrike said on 29th January 2010, 8:12

Have a nice day Keith :)

5. wasiF1 said on 29th January 2010, 8:24

All the best,we will keep ourselves updated

6. Calum said on 29th January 2010, 8:29

Hope you enjoy your day, it will be an experience!

7. HounslowBusGarage said on 29th January 2010, 8:29

Enjoy. And if you could slip a MacLaren F1 into your back pocket for me, it would much appreciated.

• ajokay said on 29th January 2010, 8:48

It might have to be the standard edition… I think the ‘long tail’ version might stick out too much and someone might see.

8. Antonio said on 29th January 2010, 8:30

I just hope McLaren’s new car looks nothing like last years Red Bull! We all know Adrian Newey is a genius when it comes to aerodynamics, and many times in the past other teams copied his ideas (he has made copies too). But come on you guys improvise a little bit! Unlike Ferrari (or should I say red Red Bull) I’d love to see something new for a change today. Oh, and I don’t care about its beauty. Its pure speed that concerns me, and well see some of that in the coming days hopefully. Like the grate Enzo Ferrari used say “it looks ugly but its fast!”

9. Tango said on 29th January 2010, 8:37

I wouldn’t mind quick AND beautiful

10. S Hughes said on 29th January 2010, 9:21

I’m so excited I could burst. I hope Lewis gets a car worthy of his brilliance.

11. Have fun Keith, but i hope the car is not so great as Ferrari!
    Sorry McLaren fans but my blood is red, lol!

12. I would like to ask one question to Lewis Hamilton!
    I consider Lewis a great driver, no ofence to anyone, but “would he be ready to have the new Champion and actual number one driver having preferencial the treatment that Alonso never got in the McLaren garage or will his father starts calling for intervention from the God´s?”
    Once for all, i would like to see all padocks cleared of outside interventions and let the drivers fight inside the tracks with the same car.

• Tango said on 29th January 2010, 9:56

If I can remember the beginning of 2007, Lewis was clear n°2 and for the first 4 or 5 races, it was clear for everyone Alonso was n°1 at McLaren’s.
      Only later did attention shift, and I believe that McLaren was honestly 100% behind the double world champion right until it became apparent the new kid in town was surprisingly just as good. (And probably easier to work with)

13. Vikas said on 29th January 2010, 9:45

espn F1 is reporting that ferrari are workin on a ‘B’ spec car as they aren’t satisfied with their current ersion

• Scribe said on 29th January 2010, 10:50

Brawn has basically said thats what everybodys going to do.

Big Upgrade for Catalunya, an a very different looking car to arrive in Bahrain.

The Top three will look the most different if you ask me.

14. Vikas said on 29th January 2010, 9:46

*version :)

15. I guess all teams are working in a completely different car for the first race, this launch is just for the pictures!
    They just want us all and especially the other teams this will be the car they will be racing!

1 2 3 7