McLaren MP4-25 launch today

McLaren's MP4-25 was revealed early online

McLaren's MP4-25 was revealed early online

I’m heading to Vodafone’s headquarters today for the launch of McLaren’s 2010 F1 car, the MP4-25.

I intend to post updates from there throughout the day and McLaren are also broadcasting the launch online.

You can watch the McLaren launch live here.

The timetable for the launch is as follows (UK time):

11:00 – MP4-25 revealed
11:30 – Martin Whitmarsh, Jonathan Neale and Paddy Lowe press conference
12:00 – Jenson Button and Lewis Hamilton press conference

I’ll do my best to add updates from the launch here and on Twitter but as this is the first time I’ve been to a launch like this I can’t say exactly how it’s going to work.

We’ve already had lots of suggestions for questions to ask at the launch – if you’ve got any ideas or thoughts on the launch please post them below.

Update: McLaren have asked fans talking about the launch on Twitter to use the hashtag #MP425. Tweets using that tag will be displayed on a special Twitter wall at the McLaren Technology Centre. I can imagine a few people wanting to have some mischief with that so I hope McLaren have got filters in place. Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter.

Update 2: Some early pictures of the car have appeared already – see the comments for more.

McLaren-Mercedes MP4-25 launch pictures

201 comments on McLaren MP4-25 launch today

1. spark said on 29th January 2010, 10:29

I’m liking this one, much better looking than the 09 car.

2. Prisoner Monkeys said on 29th January 2010, 10:31

It’s certainly a very aggressive design.

3. Lovespeed said on 29th January 2010, 10:40

I cant wait to see the new McLaren. It will be interesting to see how Button settles into the team. Lewis is a more brilliant and talented driver, hope he takes back the title.

4. Lovespeed said on 29th January 2010, 10:43

Not what i expected, lets hope the other angles are great. The Ferrari is definately looking good.

5. TomD11 said on 29th January 2010, 10:43

Am I the only one thinking they should just go the whole hog and paint some shark eyes and a set of teeth on either side of the nose?

6. Salty said on 29th January 2010, 10:48

Awesome looking beastie as usual. Thought they had the best looking car last year as well at this stage. Shame it drove like a Lada.

Like the shark fin – agree with Megatetsu – best fin I’ve seen yet. Looks very organic somehow.

Surprised but not disappointed that they have maintained the silver livery. Has become a classic colour scheme, right up there with the old JPS Lotus or yellow Jordans.

7. Ugly, shark fins should be banned.

8. yelrom said on 29th January 2010, 10:56

another redbull nose :/

evil shark fins

9. hmmm, not keen on the sharkfin, however those exhausts will heat the rear tyres nicely!! :-)

10. Looks a bit like a Toyota from the end of last season….

11. Platine said on 29th January 2010, 11:03

What a great stream, thanks so much, loving this!

12. David B said on 29th January 2010, 11:04

McLaren streaming works, while Ferrari didn’t…
    Promising start for Witmarsh team.

13. Salty said on 29th January 2010, 11:06

All wearing the same slate grey suits with white shirt, top button undone. Blimey – not much room for self expression. Still very Ron somehow.

14. CounterStrike said on 29th January 2010, 11:08

What stupid music to welcome the drivers :P ?

15. Keith Collantine (@keithcollantine) said on 29th January 2010, 11:11

Hamilton: “I’m sure it’s going to handle completely different to last year’s car”

Button; “I hope so!”