Renault R30 launched (Pictures)

Renault has gone retro with its 2010 F1 livery

Renault has gone retro with its 2010 F1 livery

The Renault R30 has been unveiled by the team at Valencia. See the first pictures of the new car below.

Renault R30 launch

As was widely expected, the new livery marks a return to classic Renault yellow and black colours. The team used a similar scheme for its first F1 team from 1977 to 1985.

Since its return to F1 as a full constructor in 2002 Renault’s colour scheme has been largely dictated by sponsors.

Renault has lost 2009 title sponsors ING, who intended to pull out before 2010 but hastened their departure after the Singapore crash scandal. Mutua Madrilena also left the team at the same time.

Renault has also announced Vitaly Petrov will race for the team alongside Robert Kubica and revealed its two reserve drivers for 2010. More here:

Renault R30 launch pictures

Pictures of the R30 at its launch plus some studio images of the new car:

Renault R30 studio video

2010 F1 car launches

Image (C) Renault/LAT

152 comments on Renault R30 launched (Pictures)

1. Woffin said on 31st January 2010, 15:47

What happened to TW Steel? I thought they had announced a sponsorship deal but I cant see them anywhere… *is confused*

2. Some computer generated studio shots of the livery http://www.flickr.com/photos/rf1paddockpass/sets/72157623195320529/

3. Rob Wilson said on 31st January 2010, 15:50

i can see TW Steel’s sponsorship, look at the front of the sidepod, you would see it from a front veiw photo.

4. Vikas said on 31st January 2010, 15:51

official photos

5. This reminds me slightly of the old Jordan, “snake”, “shark”, and “hornet” liveries.

Only slightly mind.

I think it looks cool except for the red on the wings.

6. sumedh said on 31st January 2010, 15:52

Renault should get an award for progressing from the worst livery in 2009 to the best livery in 2010.

Way to go!!

7. Chris said on 31st January 2010, 15:54

@Woffin TW steel on the nose cone

Agree with the rest of you. Not much development from last year except for the new paint job (which does look nice!)

8. I may be alone in this but I prefer the R29 livery. This is great but I loved last year’s esp when ING left

9. Ned Flanders said on 31st January 2010, 15:55

You know what… as much as I like this livery, I still prefer the 2009 Renault. I think ING should go crawling back to Renault, prodigal son style!!

10. sumedh said on 31st January 2010, 15:56

What are those 3 needle-shaped things on the front wing endplate?

Was it there on last year’s car as well? Or some new innovation?

11. CounterStrike said on 31st January 2010, 15:58

Why is there no live streaming of the launch? Surely Renault are not that cash stripped. They could have made use of this perfect Sunday morning to attract world wide viewers & some sponsorship. In the process expelling the negative vibes surrounding the team.

Bad marketing strategy by Renault.

12. Another team with a low key launch and a car lacking in sponsorship.

Regarding the livery, while I like the yellow and black I think the red on the side of the wings doesn’t work and I am not to keen on the yellow and black stripes on the engine cover it reminds me of the barcode livery which often replaced tobacco sponsors names at some Grand Prix and still does at with Marlboro at Ferrari, also the side pods defiantly need a sponsor or something there, preferably in black writing.

13. Jonathan said on 31st January 2010, 15:59

That’s one of the most ugly car I have seen in recent years.

14. verstappen said on 31st January 2010, 16:00

brrrr…
    Sauber empty, now Renault empty… and all those rumours about Campos, USF1 and also Virgin (with the unexpected changes in management etc)…

I really really hope they all make it through the season, love to see 26 cars battling.

*dreaming about 26 cars qualifying within 1 second*