Robert Kubica reveals new helmet design

Robert Kubica will use a new helmet design having switch teams from BMW to Renault in 2010.

The Pole’s helmet is now painted in yellow and black colours to match Renault’s livery.

New team mate Vitaly Petrov also showed off his helmet design at Renault’s launch today. He will use a design much the same as the one he had in GP2 last year, with ‘Russia’ emblazoned across the top of his visor.

Have a look at the Renault drivers’ helmets in the pictures:

Robert Kubica poses with his new helmet for 2010 (click to enlarge)

Robert Kubica poses with his new helmet for 2010 (click to enlarge)

Renault's new driver Vitaly Petrov with his helmet (click to enlarge)

Renault's new driver Vitaly Petrov with his helmet (click to enlarge)

49 comments on Robert Kubica reveals new helmet design

1. I like Petrov’s more. I really find it pointless and lacking imagination when drivers just stick to team colours. I know it’s their helmets and a little issue but it really winds me up lol

• José Baudaier said on 31st January 2010, 19:56

Agreed.

• F1 forever said on 1st February 2010, 0:44

It looks good who cares what colors are on it? It is the same as last year with different colors what is the deal?

• wasiF1 said on 1st February 2010, 1:49

Totally agree,I think they should never change their helmet colour as now it will be tough for us to spot them easily.

• George said on 1st February 2010, 3:20

I quite like the idea actually, Jenson’s fluorescent helmet last year was awesome

• I don’t have a problem with the designs it’s just nice for fans to be able to easily spot their driver. One of the things I love about Massa is he sticks to the same design (there are a few tweks every year but basically the same). It gives it more identity and if they want different designs then the best way to do it is like Vettel, least his are are fun.

• Sadly, I disagree with you, George.

Yes, Jenson’s helmet stood out, but I prefer his red, white and blue colours (reminds me a little of Mansell’s old helmet). Rubens changed his colours back half way through the season too.

Having said that, I didn’t like the Brawn colours at all!

2. Younger Hamilton said on 31st January 2010, 17:34

Renault really needs some big sponsors

• Prisoner Monkeys said on 31st January 2010, 23:15

They’re woking on it. I suspect what we’re seeing is the base livery, and sponsor decals will be added to it. I don’t think Reanult want to take on a major sponsor and start running their colours just yet – they have to clear their name and regain respect around the paddock first. They might lose money (or, rather, they might not make as much money as they would otherwise), but they almost certainly want to distance themselves from the Renault of old.

You can expect livery changes for Bahrain, but nothing too dramatic. They might change the colour of the engine cowling and shark fin, but that’s about it, I’d say.

3. Cyclops said on 31st January 2010, 17:35

Last year’s helmet was far better and had Polish national colors on it.

4. Oh no… another driver changes his helmet design. That’s just silly.

5. Lucas said on 31st January 2010, 17:39

From the Petrov’s photograph you can see that he arrive to the team quite late, his suit don’t has the Russia flag and his name on it yet!

6. HURRAY! another helmet change to match the car to give the driver no identity.

7. Kubicas’ helmet is terrible! Oo

8. Dingle Dell said on 31st January 2010, 18:09

Spelling error below Petrov’s photo… Vitality LMAO… it’s Vitaly :P

Nice one KC hehe…

9. I prefer when a driver sticks to his original design anyway but I defiantly prefer Kubica’s old design. If Kubica had chosen a pure yellow and black design it would have looked better but from that picture it looks yellow/orange and blue/grey/black.

10. Both drivers look like chickens wearing that yellow suit…

11. Mandev said on 31st January 2010, 18:50

What a shame… Kubica’s old helmet was one of my favourites

12. stren said on 31st January 2010, 18:53

I wonder why Robert’s suit doesn’t have the belt ? I like the new design of the helmet.

13. Sébastien F. said on 31st January 2010, 19:01

The yellow stripe on the visor and the yellow background makes it look really unpolished. Usually the visor strip is of a different color :/

14. Antony said on 31st January 2010, 19:50

Could be more fancy but will fit the car and suit.
    I liek fancy helmets but sometimes it makes racers look like clauns.Vitalys helmets absolutely does not fit the car :/

15. Icthyes said on 31st January 2010, 20:12

Forget the helmets (they change too much for a change to be that news-worthy), the overalls look pretty cool.