Robert Kubica reveals new helmet design

Robert Kubica will use a new helmet design having switch teams from BMW to Renault in 2010.

The Pole’s helmet is now painted in yellow and black colours to match Renault’s livery.

New team mate Vitaly Petrov also showed off his helmet design at Renault’s launch today. He will use a design much the same as the one he had in GP2 last year, with ‘Russia’ emblazoned across the top of his visor.

Have a look at the Renault drivers’ helmets in the pictures:

Robert Kubica poses with his new helmet for 2010 (click to enlarge)

Robert Kubica poses with his new helmet for 2010 (click to enlarge)

Renault's new driver Vitaly Petrov with his helmet (click to enlarge)

Renault's new driver Vitaly Petrov with his helmet (click to enlarge)

49 comments on Robert Kubica reveals new helmet design

1. Jezson said on 31st January 2010, 20:22

OMP race wear? There’s a blast from the past. Either Puma were too expensive, or they just didn’t want to know…

2. chcs82 said on 1st February 2010, 1:02

Must have been a late decision to pick petrov as he appears to not have his own overalls as kubica does, with no belt!!

3. Kristian said on 1st February 2010, 2:04

Epic eyebrows seems to be a requirement to be a renault driver, alonso & piquet jr included… hmmm…

4. Sinnae said on 1st February 2010, 3:14

I hate the trend to change helmets nowdays. Mansell, Senna, Piquet, Villeneuve – never changed and were immediately recognisable because of it. Terrible.

5. phoros said on 1st February 2010, 8:14

I think Robert’s new helmet looks great and harmonizes with the car and his suit nicely. “Boring”, as you say, is staying with the same design for years. He’s changed the team, cut off from the past so new helmet is more than understandable to me.

6. Lucas said on 1st February 2010, 10:02

If you didn’t notice Robert’s design is more-less the same as in the past, it just has new colours on it. The Polish flag is exactly where it was. Plus I won’t be surprised if this design is just for the tests period and he will be back with his red helmet in Bahrain. He likes coming with one-off designs from time to time.

7. Zarathustra said on 1st February 2010, 13:26

I see a big polish flag on the back of his helmet but he should have more black instead of yellow on it. Petrov helmet is just silly with this “GO GO” RUSSIA!

8. Orzel said on 1st February 2010, 21:39

Considering how much the Poles hate the Russians, this should be one of the most interesting personal rivalries this season..

• J.A. Summers said on 1st February 2010, 21:55

Poles and Hungarians on the other hand are well known for their friendship. If I were Renault, I would have picked the only ever Hungarian F1 driver. Now that would’ve been an interesting driver pair…

9. The first thing that comes to mind looking at Kubica is Bumble Bee! :x I agree with Zarathustra, a black helmet would look much better, maybe with a little red.. I prefer Petrov’s even though it clashes a bit at least it shows a bit of his identity..

10. Rob B said on 2nd February 2010, 12:54

I’m not overly keen on Kubica’s ‘manufacturer’ helmet or other helmets that are changed to match the car. They should be the individuals helmet, something that means something to them. I like Petrovs ‘RUSSIA!!!!’, it’s def something to shout about :D

Slightly off topic: There not the most handsome pair in the world are they?

11. DEANO said on 2nd February 2010, 14:38

Not the best lookig f1 team on the grid!!

12. Journeyer said on 4th February 2010, 4:59

I suspect Kubica may have changed his helmet colors to make it easier to differentiate with Petrov’s, as they would’ve shared the same base helmet colors.

13. alexf1man said on 29th December 2010, 20:42

I think Kubica will change the colours to Black and Gold for 2011.