Virgin VR-01 hits the track (Video)

Virgin Racing have put out a video of their new F1 car’s shakedown test at Silverstone last week.

Timo Glock – sporting a new helmet design – was first to drive the car.

Team mate Lucas di Grassi also had a go and prepared for his test by taking a Nissan GT-R around Silverstone’s Stowe circuit.

Virgin will join the other F1 teams in testing at Jerez on Wednesday.

Virgin VR-01 pictures

23 comments on Virgin VR-01 hits the track (Video)

1. Zazeems said on 8th February 2010, 19:43

How can they take the car round Silverstone? I thought they were doing building work at the moment. :/

2. Zazeems said on 8th February 2010, 19:46

Oh right its just the stowe circuit…
    :D

3. sato113 said on 8th February 2010, 20:02

what help would driving a Nissan around the stowe circuit be?

4. Marc Connell said on 8th February 2010, 20:09

I bet they went out on track at midnight for a few hours testing on the full circuit :P

• They’d be hard pushed – it really is a building site, I did a track day there last week… there’s so much work going on you have to hope that Damon Hill (BDRC President) is a man we can all trust…

5. LewisC said on 8th February 2010, 21:22

Glockdog! :D

6. Hammad said on 8th February 2010, 22:07

Not much of a shakedown…

7. Sush Meerkat said on 8th February 2010, 22:27

look at the tribal patterns on the race suits…. for that I’m supporting Virgin.

Sod all that sponsor friendly rubbish, give us something nice to look at!

8. polishboy808 said on 8th February 2010, 23:00

I read somewhere that the cards stand for how many WDCs you have under your belt. Correct me if im wrong, but why would Glock have 2 cards?

• Fernando has 2 cards on his helmet to signify his 2 WDC’s, but it’s not like it’s a rule throught F1.

Glock’s card’s could mean something completely different, and I should think they do.

9. TomD11 said on 8th February 2010, 23:03

Does anyone else think the guy at 2:02 looks suspiciously like a recent ex-Ferrari driver?

10. TheGreatCornholio said on 8th February 2010, 23:10

Looks great on the move. Just a shame it wasn’t moving very fast! Lookin forward to seeing the Lotus tomorrow too, could be another cool paint job! Really hope that UsF1 make it but apart from feeling a bit sorry for Bruno Senna i’m not too bothered by Campos not making it. Speaking of paint jobs, if UsF1 do make it their car had better resemble a giant Stars and Stripes! I don’t care if its naff, anything else would be wrong. Lol

11. Steve_P83 said on 8th February 2010, 23:55

I really think that Virgin have the best livery for 2010 so far!!!

12. José Baudaier said on 9th February 2010, 3:42

Nice helmet.

13. I’m quite impressed with Virgin concidering their unusual CAD only design approach…