F1 testing pictures: 10th February

McLaren ran an aerodynamic measuring device on Button\'s

McLaren ran an aerodynamic measuring device on Button's car

Here’s the pictures I’ve taken at the first day of the the F1 test at Jerez.

More to follow

Images (C) F1Fanatic.co.uk

86 comments on F1 testing pictures: 10th February

1. Need more pics from RB6 – rear view !!!!

2. The cars look massive in these pics.

3. matt90 said on 10th February 2010, 13:02

Does anybody know anything about the vents in the engine cover on the Mercedes? It looks as though (from the side) the air can travel straight through from just in front of the mercedes logo to just behind. I don’t think any of the other cars use this, they just seem to keep that section as narrow as possible.

4. Scribe said on 10th February 2010, 15:34

Keith, you couldn’t get a few pictures of the vapour trails left behind the f1 cars?
    Last year the diffusers started to interfer with that vortex they’re supposed to create now.
    Be interesting to see what they look like this year.

5. Hi, I just was shocked by terrible news. Here, in Lithuania f1 broadcasting from this season is transfered to paid tv channel. Maybe someone can help me: which sites show best f1 coverage. Thanks in advance.

• Maciek said on 10th February 2010, 16:12

Tough luck man. I’ve been looking for good on-line streams for a long time. I’ve heard rumours about proxy servers coming in handy.

• Scribe said on 10th February 2010, 17:40

you want to get yourself a brit based proxy server, then you can watch it all on the Iplayer.

Not sure how you do that, you might have to pay, but you’ve got till bahrain to figure it.

look up bbc iplayer proxy on google.

6. Maciek said on 10th February 2010, 16:16

Keith – big ups for all the great pics! I’ll be really interested to know what impressions of the cars you come away with after seeing and hearing them on the track.

7. McLaren: a beautiful car, but very slow…

8. Stefan said on 10th February 2010, 16:49

Well as expected a wet testing day at Jerez, hopefully we can compare this year with last years testing result tomorrow.

At the moment I think Ferrari is still the team to beat, but who’re they fighting is the main question. I don’t expect a battle for the victory between Alonso and De la Rosa (or Massa and Kobayashi), that’s for sure! I think we’ll have to wait untill 28th at Catalunya test and still not knowing who’s favourite.

I remember last year at the final test at Jerez Nakajima was quickest 1:17.494 in the Williams-Toyota FW31 followed by Button 0.350 slower in his Brawn-Mercedes BGP001.

9. What’s that thing on that mclaren?

10. Subrajit said on 10th February 2010, 20:31

Why is mclAren using this system? I mean aren’t they sure wat the car is doin ?
    seems to me that they have made a messup of it again

11. ElChiva said on 10th February 2010, 20:34

3 options.
    Validating windtunnel and CFD data.
    They suspect they messed up.
    They know they messed up and are working on it.

• Option 4.

They want to improve their modelling in the wind-tunnel when there is limited track testing.

As yet there is no sign that they have messed up.

• PS Ferrai used the same device last week… have they messed up as well?

12. Shark fins are the most ugly thing I have seen on F1 cars for quite some time. Wether they are an advantage or not, they are UGLY. They detract from the rear wing and the engine cover and the overall shape of the body. The Mclaren looks so much worse than last year, the shark fin looks like a horn! I think the Ferrari looks better, nice clean lines.

But its about speed isn’t it. That is all.

• Prateek said on 11th February 2010, 2:25

If only they could mould the fin part out of something clear and sturdy like fiberglass! Of course i don’t know anything about the difficulties of moulding glass onto metal…

13. Braking news, you heard them at f1fanatic first.
    The campos team will be wv in 2011. Campos has sold the team to a partner and is out of it. The team will use campos factory in spain this year. Colin Kolles will be the team manager.

14. Vikas said on 11th February 2010, 7:25

Thanks jose…. good now we have another manufacturer…and another engine :-)

15. Luvin the photo’s folks…