F1 testing pictures: 11th February

Robert Kubica heads for the pits in the Renault R30

Robert Kubica heads for the pits in the Renault R30

The second day of F1 testing is under way on a much drier track at Jerez. Here’s a selection of my pictures from the circuit.

Image (C) F1Fanatic.co.uk

52 comments on F1 testing pictures: 11th February

1. Alex White said on 11th February 2010, 9:54

Excellent pictures!

2. Remco H said on 11th February 2010, 10:01

Pics are always fabulous around here…..except sometimes for the comment with them. The last pic isn’t Schumi, it’s Webber RB6. Keep up the good work…..everybody loves it.

3. GeeMac said on 11th February 2010, 10:05

It’s amazing that the first car STR “built themselves” looks remarkably similar to the RB6…

4. three4three said on 11th February 2010, 10:05

Great pictures Keith!
    Just out of curiosity, is the W01 as dull/ugly in the metal (or carbon fibre?) as they seem in all pictures, studio and otherwise, I’ve seen so far?
    I know looks aren’t everything but I think the Merc looks the worst of the lot.

• Keith Collantine (@keithcollantine) said on 11th February 2010, 10:28

It catches the light quite attractively, and I do think the livery looks better on the W01 than it did on the BGP-001 they revealed it on. But I think on a dull day (like we had yesterday) it doesn’t look that great.

However I think the combinations of Schumacher’s bright red helmet with the red camera mount, and Rosberg’s yellow-topped helmet with the yellow camera mount will look very good. In fact, quite reminiscent of the wing mirrors on their ’80s and ’90s sportscars (pics of those here: http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2009/11/23/michael-schumacher-the-mercedes-years/).

• Maciek said on 11th February 2010, 10:29

I agree it’s not great – though I don’t know about worst. Actually I think it would look a lot betternif the black of the nose tip didn’t extend backwards along the sides in that not-very-successful spray paint motif.

• three4three said on 11th February 2010, 10:46

Thanks Keith! I guess as it’s silver the W01 will look great in places like Singapore and Abu Dhabi. Also good point about the helmets and camera mounts matching.
        Yeah Maciek, that graffiti spray paint effect doesn’t do it any good IMO, plus the bent/broken nose. But like I said, it’s just appearances… :)

• Gaz Beirne said on 11th February 2010, 12:30

When the car is moving against a tarmac background it just looks like a Petronas logo chasing a flying helmet.

Pretty disappointed.

5. The Comedian 39 said on 11th February 2010, 10:18

Does anyone reckon we’ll see any sponsors on the Renault car before Bahrain? 31 days to go :)

6. GeeMac said on 11th February 2010, 10:30

Has anyone else noticed the little “See you in Bahrain” motif on the Sauber “Shark Fin”?

7. Does anyone else think that the Virgin VR-01 looks like woody the woodpecker? I love that sharp nose and the livery is quite nice. But does anyone know if they have a more complicated front wing coming or that they’ll start with that fairly simple looking one? (by comparison)

8. Kyle boy said on 11th February 2010, 10:39

Anyone know whos fastest at the moment?

9. Seems Woody the Woodpecker is falling apart.

10. zomtec said on 11th February 2010, 11:18

Did they build an artificial chicane or what can we see on the picture showing Robert?

• Keith Collantine (@keithcollantine) said on 11th February 2010, 12:24

No that corner has two configurations – a plain right-hand bend or a right-left-right chicane called the Senna S. The F1 cars use the chicane, but Kubica cut it and used the corner on his in-lap. Schumacher did too at least once.

11. djdaveyp said on 11th February 2010, 11:35

Is it me or does the Virgin look quite “indy car” like?

12. Some of those picture look as if you are ontop of the car, do you have a media pass or is it just a characteristic of the track?

Also why is there cones on the track? Is it to stop the cars going to quick and if so, what part of the track are they on?

13. Fantastic pics Keith! Have a blast in Jerez!

14. supernicebob said on 11th February 2010, 12:53