F1 testing pictures: 18th February

A crash curtailed Kovalainen's running in the Lotus

A crash curtailed Kovalainen's running in the Lotus

More rain has fallen at Jerez but the test goes on. See below for pictures from the test:

Images (C) Red Bull/Getty images, Ferrari spa, Renault/LAT, Force India F1 Team, Mercedes GP, Lotus F1 Racing

33 comments on F1 testing pictures: 18th February

1. sato113 said on 18th February 2010, 15:17

looks like the red bull and torro rosso are gonna still be hard to identify at high (and low) speed.

2. OMG! Kova!! First day and a total damage to this nice car :( Fauzy was so good yesterday. Hope he will not do a NPJr. mid-season.

3. Some great pictures here, love the side view of the Renault!

4. Aleksandar Serbia said on 18th February 2010, 16:52

Go Petrov!
    I hope the package is at least reliable if not quick :)

5. Keith – does the guy taking these photos for you have a phobia of the Mclaren – none yesterday and again non today :(

• It’s the silver color and the shark fin. He thinks it a shark trying to eat him.

• i agree, there only seem to be photos of specific teams, he doesnt like williams either.

keith… can you get more variety please?

the photographer has a soft spot for felipe

6. Achilles said on 18th February 2010, 18:53

Is it me or is Jordan back in F1? All Renault need is the Hornet logo, and they’ve cracked it! What’s it like Keith doing the blog as a job?

7. I know it is unwise to draw conclusions from testing but I think I’m right in saying the cars look quite a lot more badass than they did last season.

If only F1 was broadcast in this kind of resolution with this awesome deep contrast…

8. Force Maikel said on 18th February 2010, 20:43

the guy taking teh pictures loves ferrari theire are always more f10 pictures, insted of the rest

9. Wesley said on 18th February 2010, 21:33

The Renault with the yellow,gold colors and shark fin should be nick named “The Tiger shark”

10. FYI: There are always tons of pictures on the Getty site. All by professional photographers.

11. Rob Wilson said on 18th February 2010, 23:18

haha thats a great ad

12. Diego Medeiros said on 18th February 2010, 23:55

Keith, I’m missing of the Williams’ pictures.

13. Keith: I see you´re back to uploading team´s “official” pictures. Thanks! Not that yours where bad, but it shows the people who take these have the top-of-the-game equipment. One of the most attractive features of your site (beside all the knowledge of and commitment to F1) are the HD pictures! I love them, so thank you very much!

14. Northy said on 19th February 2010, 9:40

I thought torro-rosso had to design & build there own car this year or is it based on last years rb5 redbull

15. Chaz said on 2nd March 2010, 20:41

Oh no, I was hoping to see the vortices especially in the wet conditions…