Hamilton and Button on track (Pictures)

Button leads Hamilton in a pair of McLaren MP4-25s

Button leads Hamilton in a pair of McLaren MP4-25s

The Lewis Hamilton-Jenson Button partnership will not just be the focus of attention for British F1 fans this season: it’s the first time two world champions have shared a team in 21 years.

Testing restrictions mean the pair are yet to appear together in action but McLaren recently put their two world champions on track for a photo shoot in their MP4-25s.

This is the first time two former champions have shared a team since Ayrton Senna and Alain Prost lined up at McLaren in 1989.

As the reigning champion, Button carries the number one and Hamilton has number two as he did in his debut season alongside Fernando Alonso in 2007.

Here are the first pictures of the pair on track together. When it comes to driving their cars in anger it remains to be seen whether they will be racing at the front or back of the pack in 2010.

Read more: 2010 F1 drivers and teams

Images (C) www.mclaren.com

39 comments on Hamilton and Button on track (Pictures)

1. OK Keith your forgiven – this makes up for the lack of piccys of the McLaren from your Ferrari loving photographer during this weeks test at Jerez :)

• Keith Collantine (@keithcollantine) said on 23rd February 2010, 0:02

The situation with that was that I was at the first Jerez test and so could take pics of all the cars myself.

I wasn’t at the second and so was dependent on pictures issued by the teams. McLaren, for whatever reason, weren’t putting any out.

At the moment I’m talking to some picture agencies who cover F1 events about setting up a deal so I can use some of their images, meaning I wouldn’t be dependent on the teams. That carries a cost, of course, so I need to pick carefully to get the deal that’s right for the site. Will hopefully be set up before Bahrain.

If there’s anyone out there who can provide such a service please email me.

• maciek said on 23rd February 2010, 7:47

I’m a big fan of the photography you provide on this site, Keith – now you’re saying it’ll get even better? Thanks and bravo!

• Keith, is there any news on the premium like membership you spoke of briefly?
        I’d happily pay each year for added content, as would many more people I imagine. I’m sure it would help with the cost of striking up a deal with a picture agency.

2. What circuit is?

3. wasiF1 said on 23rd February 2010, 2:26

All the top 4 teams have difficult pairing. So this season we will see how they work together as teammates.

• Scribe said on 23rd February 2010, 19:18

I think the best thing is that all the top teams have driver pairing which won’t favour one driver or the other excessivley. So this could be a ridiculously competative season.

4. Harvs said on 23rd February 2010, 2:29

thank you keith for the photo’s!

but i have to complain again, why are they such low resolution?

5. Icthyes said on 23rd February 2010, 3:29

That first photo is epic. I can’t even find the right words to describe it.

6. Prisoner Monkeys said on 23rd February 2010, 5:55

I like the way Button is in front in every shot featuring the two drivers.

7. R30-RS27 said on 23rd February 2010, 7:33

what you meen hamilton’s dad with that,did you meen last time to see ham close behind button? i agree cause ham would be too far behind button all the time

8. Awesome !!!!

I already missed the McLaren pictures!

Thanks Mate!

9. skova265 said on 23rd February 2010, 10:46

I think that Button will be in front only in the pictures, but when the season starts Hamilton should be out pacing him. We will see ofcourse

10. I hope this car can bring any of the titles back to Woking this year, and plenty of wins! I want a 2007 but without the Mclaren legal issue!!!

11. Its Hammer time said on 23rd February 2010, 13:26

That first picture is awesome. I am counting down the minutes until Bahrain. Come on Mclaren

12. Steve_P83 said on 23rd February 2010, 14:52

In the fifth picture, Jenson Button getting into the car, his driver suit has Santander on it. I thought Santander was only a sponsor for Ferrari this season? Is the company sponsoring both McLaren and Ferrari? Is that an old driver suit?

• Adrian said on 23rd February 2010, 15:22

Santander are sponsoring the McLaren drivers IIRC. I don’t think their logo is on the car any more (certainly not in the launch pic of the MP4-25 I have as my desktop!!) but is still on the overalls. You might have noticed Hamilton in a lot of the Santander adverts on TV/billboards etc…

…they’re also providing the backing to Pedro De La Rosa I believe…

13. Adrian said on 23rd February 2010, 15:22

So who else is happy that Button has gone back to his normal helmet colours..??

14. Bullfrog said on 23rd February 2010, 16:15

Do all the teams have two cars up and running yet?

15. McLaren should be racing at the front this season between Ferrari and Red Bull, with Mercedes GP not far behind.