F1 testing pictures: 25th February

Fairuz Fauzy driving the Lotus T127 at Barcelona today

Fairuz Fauzy driving the Lotus T127 at Barcelona today

F1 cars are in action at the Circuit de Catalunya today as the teams begin the final pre-season test of 2010.

Here are pictures from today’s test.

Images (C) Julien Leroy & F1 Fanatic

55 comments on F1 testing pictures: 25th February

1. I hope Ferrari don’t keep the shark-fin. I’m not a big fan of the look.

• bosyber said on 25th February 2010, 19:03

I agree – theirs looks worse than the FIF1 one and equally or more tacked on.

Somehow, comparing, for example, red bull/torro rosso with ferrari, the nose of the ferrari looks thin and “wobbly” in combination with that fin.

I think it looks that way because the lines of the nose are more thin and rounded, while those of the bulls seem more bold and strong, matching the angular look of that fin/sail. If that makes sense. W/o the fin the Ferrari nose looks sleekish.

Anyway, that barcode makes it look even worse(a bit similar to bee-stripes on renault, but that care is not as long, and, well, more round and cuddly :-p ).

• Scribe said on 25th February 2010, 23:34

Unlike most ive always been a fan of shark fins. An they serve a usefull purpose, so although ive always found the asthetically pleasing i have to come out and agree.

The Ferrari shark fin looks odd. Like they stretched to engine cover or something, completly at odd with the look of the rest of the car, it looks terrible! An the barcode looks ten times worse on the flat panel section, I mean the 2008 shark fin looked grovy, even with the barcode, which was a better design, this looks awful, it would be much better if it just said Santander, the the thing itself would still look odd.

• bosyber said on 26th February 2010, 8:01

I like the fin on the McLaren very much, actually, and it fits well, I think, on the bulls & on renault, but I guess the abrupt flatness of it on FIF1 makes it look an afterthought, and as I said, on the Ferrari it really looks wrong to me. And I thought that car looked okay w/o it.

… so it is how it is implemented for me, more than the existence of the thing, I guess.

2. Conrad said on 25th February 2010, 19:09

Hi :)

Great job Keith!

Is it possible to get high-res version of the pictures like in the test sessions before?

I ask because my wallpaper is always from f1fanatic ;)

3. This green of this Lotus are amazing!!!

4. MtlRacer said on 25th February 2010, 21:32

Great pics!
    If possible, try to get close-ups of Ferrari’s wheels as well as other teams to compare. They seem to have something different about them.

5. Mclaren dumped that splitter, thank goodness.

Ferrari shark fin that extends to the rear wing?! Speak of the devil…

6. Aww… the poor refuelling guy. There’s nowhere for him to stick his hose any more. He doesn’t even have a hose!

He’s just standing where he used to, forlorn, watching everyone else do their work:

7. Graham said on 25th February 2010, 23:10

What is the black thing sticking up from the roll hoop/air intake on the Ferraris?

8. Rob S said on 26th February 2010, 0:39

Does anybody know if paul di resta is running in the force india at this test at all? i thought i read last week that he was.

9. Chris said on 26th February 2010, 0:54

After the spy shot I was not a fan of the Lotus livery, but I need not have worried it looks fantastic..! Would love to see an alternate for the Monaco Grand Prix using the black with gold trim..

10. GerardP said on 26th February 2010, 1:39

I am confused. I (think I) see pictures of the Ferrari with and without the sharkfin. Were they just testing the difference? Can it be changed so easily?

If it can be changed easily, would they be allowed to change it during the season between races? Or even between qual and race?

• David said on 26th February 2010, 8:08

[i]If it can be changed easily, would they be allowed to change it during the season between races?[/i]

Of course.

[i] Or even between qual and race?[/i]

Nope. Parc ferme conditions when qualifying gets under way.

11. GeeMac said on 26th February 2010, 5:35

Mercedes are running with the Red Bull style bulges on the nosecone again…

12. Aleksandar Serbia said on 26th February 2010, 15:00

Keith, is it possible to get some short videos?
    I would like, and if may speak for the rest of us, f1 cars passing the front strait, or breaking down in a corner.
    Much obliged.

13. Nineteen guys to change 4 tyres…someone call NASCAR pit crew

14. Scott said on 27th February 2010, 5:14

Pictures are really nice but what happened to the hi-res??

15. Chaz said on 3rd March 2010, 16:15

Thanks again for some great pics…