It’s day two at Barcelona and Fernando Alonso is among the drivers finishing off their planned test programmes ahead of the first race of 2010.
Join us and follow testing as it happens below.
Times from today’s test
|Nico H?â??lkenberg||Williams-Cosworth FW32||80.614||99||0|
|Fernando Alonso||Ferrari F10||80.637||134||0.023|
|Pedro de la Rosa||BMW Sauber-Ferrari C29||80.973||114||0.359|
|Vitantonio Liuzzi||Force India-Mercedes VJM03||81.056||90||0.442|
|Sebastian Vettel||Red Bull-Renault RB6||81.258||125||0.644|
|Jaime Alguersuari||Toro Rosso-Ferrari STR5||81.571||104||0.957|
|Michael Schumacher||Mercedes W01||81.689||85||1.075|
|Lewis Hamilton||McLaren-Mercedes MP4-25||82.152||93||1.538|
|Robert Kubica||Renault R30||84.912||53||4.298|
|Jarno Trulli||Lotus-Cosworth T127||85.524||70||4.91|
|Timo Glock||Virgin-Cosworth VR-01||85.942||52||5.328|
Mark Webber was fastest of all yesterday but expect the times to get faster over today, tomorrow and Sunday as more rubber goes down on the track.
McLaren ran a set of sensors on the rear of Jenson Button’s car early in the session but the team suffered a blow when the car came to a stop late in the session.
But they were far from the only team to suffer problems. Fernando Alonso lost a lot of running after an electrical problem (he also tried a shark fin wing on the Ferrari F10) and Virgin’s test efforts suffered another setback after Lucas di Grassi crashed.
Several drivers are expected to make their last appearances in testing today before the Bahrain Grand Prix, including Alonso, Nico H?â??lkenberg, Pedro de la Rosa, Vitantonio Liuzzi and Jaime Alguersuari.
Today’s testing line-up
McLaren MP4-25 – Lewis Hamilton
Mercedes W01 – Michael Schumacher
Red Bull RB6 – Sebastian Vettel
Ferrari F10 – Fernando Alonso
Williams FW32 – Nico H?â??lkenberg
BMW Sauber C29 – Pedro de la Rosa
Renault R30 – Robert Kubica
Force India VJM03 – Vitantonio Liuzzi
Toro Rosso STR5 – Jaime Alguersuari
Virgin VR-01 – Timo Glock
Lotus T127 – Jarno Trulli
The track: Circuit de Catalunya
The final test of 2010 is being held at the Circuit de Catalunya, where the teams will return later this year for the Spanish Grand Prix.
Rubens Barrichello set the fastest time during last year’s Spanish Grand Prix race weekend with a 1’19.954 in Q2. The fastest lap of the race itself was also set by Barrichello, a 1’22.762,
Live Tweets and times
Check out MSFree.gr for live times from the track during the test.
Here’s the latest Tweets from people at the track (plus me):
If you would like to suggest a Twitter feed to add to the list, please name them in the comments. The list only updates when this page is refreshed.
2010 F1 testing
- F1 testing pictures: 25th February
- 2010 F1 testing live: 25th February
- Jerez test 2 statistics
- F1 testing pictures: 20th February
- 2010 F1 testing live: 20th February
- F1 testing pictures: 19th February
- 2010 F1 testing live: 19th February
- F1 testing pictures: 18th February
- 2010 F1 testing live: 18th February
- F1 testing in pictures: 17th February
- 2010 F1 testing live: 17th February
- Who’s fast and who’s not? A closer look at the lap times from Jerez testing
- Jerez test 1 statistics
- F1 testing pictures: 13th February
- F1 testing live: 13th February
- F1 testing pictures: 12th February
- 2010 F1 testing live: 12th February
- F1 testing pictures: 11th February
- 2010 F1 testing live: 11th February
- F1 testing pictures: 10th February
- 2010 F1 testing live: 10th February
- F1 testing review: Valencia (Pictures)
- F1 testing pictures: February 3rd
- 2010 F1 testing: February 3rd
- F1 testing pictures: February 2nd
- 2010 F1 testing: February 2nd
- 2010 F1 testing: February 1st