It’s deadline day for the F1 teams – today is their last chance to test their cars before they head out to Bahrain for the first race of 2010, just two weeks from now.
We’re expecting to see a few low-fuel runs which should give us an idea who’s got the best ultimate pace.
I’m at the track to follow testing as it happens – join us below to see how the crucial final day unfolds.
Times from today’s test
|Lewis Hamilton||McLaren-Mercedes MP4-25||80.472||134||0|
|Mark Webber||Red Bull-Renault RB6||80.496||61||0.024|
|Felipe Massa||Ferrari F10||80.539||114||0.067|
|Adrian Sutil||Force India-Mercedes VJM03||80.667||100||0.195|
|Sebastian Vettel||Red Bull-Renault RB6||80.667||76||0.195|
|Michael Schumacher||Mercedes W01||80.745||123||0.273|
|Rubens Barrichello||Williams-Cosworth FW32||80.87||84||0.398|
|Kamui Kobayashi||BMW Sauber-Ferrari C29||80.911||67||0.439|
|Sebastien Buemi||Toro Rosso-Ferrari STR5||82.135||88||1.663|
|Robert Kubica||Renault R30||83.175||107||2.703|
|Heikki Kovalainen||Lotus-Cosworth T127||85.251||64||4.779|
|Lucas di Grassi||Virgin-Cosworth VR-01||86.16||49||5.688|
Several teams used the brief period of dry running yesterday to do some race distance simulations which gave us some useful insight into how quick they are.
The weather looks set to remain dry throughout today’s test so we should see some more representative runs throughout the day.
Today’s testing line-up
McLaren MP4-25 – Lewis Hamilton
Mercedes W01 – Michael Schumacher
Red Bull RB6 – Sebastian Vettel and Mark Webber
Ferrari F10 – Felipe Massa
Williams FW32 – Rubens Barrichello
BMW Sauber C29 – Kamui Kobayashi
Renault R30 – Robert Kubica
Force India VJM03 – Adrian Sutil
Toro Rosso STR5 – Sebastien Buemi
Virgin VR-01 – Lucas di Grassi
Lotus T127 – Heikki Kovalainen
The track: Circuit de Catalunya
The final test of 2010 is being held at the Circuit de Catalunya, where the teams will return later this year for the Spanish Grand Prix.
Rubens Barrichello set the fastest time during last year’s Spanish Grand Prix race weekend with a 1’19.954 in Q2. The fastest lap of the race itself was also set by Barrichello, a 1’22.762,
Live Tweets and times
Check out MSFree.gr for live times from the track during the test.
Here’s the latest Tweets from people at the track (plus me):
If you would like to suggest a Twitter feed to add to the list, please name them in the comments. The list only updates when this page is refreshed.
2010 F1 testing
- Jerez test 2 statistics
- F1 testing pictures: 20th February
- 2010 F1 testing live: 20th February
- F1 testing pictures: 19th February
- 2010 F1 testing live: 19th February
- F1 testing pictures: 18th February
- 2010 F1 testing live: 18th February
- F1 testing in pictures: 17th February
- 2010 F1 testing live: 17th February
- Who’s fast and who’s not? A closer look at the lap times from Jerez testing
- Jerez test 1 statistics
- F1 testing pictures: 13th February
- F1 testing live: 13th February
- F1 testing pictures: 12th February
- 2010 F1 testing live: 12th February
- F1 testing pictures: 11th February
- 2010 F1 testing live: 11th February
- F1 testing pictures: 10th February
- 2010 F1 testing live: 10th February
- F1 testing review: Valencia (Pictures)
- F1 testing pictures: February 3rd
- 2010 F1 testing: February 3rd
- F1 testing pictures: February 2nd
- 2010 F1 testing: February 2nd
- 2010 F1 testing: February 1st
Promoted content from around the web | Become an F1 Fanatic Supporter to hide this ad and others