HRT F1 car revealed in Spain

F1 picturesPosted on | Author Keith Collantine

HRT F110

HRT has revealed the car which will be raced by Bruno Senna and Karun Chandhok in 2010.

The Dallara-designed chassis is largely sponsor-less apart from the logos of Senna’s sponsor Embratel. It has a dark grey livery with white and red details.

HRT F1 launch pictures

HRT F1 launch video

Images (C) Motioncompany

180 comments on “HRT F1 car revealed in Spain”

Jump to comment page: 1 2 3 5
  1. From here the livery looks like the old Midland team’s livery

Best photo I’ve found so far

1. Do you know where that picture is from?

1. Unfortunately I don’t, I found it on some obscure forum.

2. ishaggedcarlabruni
      4th March 2010, 17:28

Bloody huge! It looks like 30 feet long.

1. Maybe because it’s on a stand and the people are further away than they seem to be

2. Oh My god you’re Right!!!! It’s Gigantic!!!
        What were they thinking!!! LOL!!!

1. It will be harder to pass because it’s so huge….did I say pass…I mean it will be harder to lap it…..

3. its got to be big because of having the massive fuel tank

3. Boston F1 Fan
      4th March 2010, 19:03

– For some reason, that horizontal deflector right in front of the air intake (the curved part) appears to be made of cardboard.

1. yes I hear USF1 pioneered that, but it fell through due to lack of sponsorship. pity really.

4. I’m not sure, but I believe that’s Adrian Campos to the right of the red flag… How sad for him…

1. He was offered a place in the team after Carabante bought it, but yes it is sad.

3. the new teams like the small nose for some reason

1. Because of the simplicity of a lot of their aero dynamics it’s all very high drag, they’ve all had to go for equaly simple solutions to counter balance this. Small pointy noses seem to be the result.

4. now it doesnt

5. Hard to tell much really. Is this the only picture of it?
    If I didn’t know which of this years cars it was I would have picked it to be the Virgin car from that shot.

1. Yes, it looks like de Virgin car

2. Very Virgin F1 like, but it does have cascades on the front wing. It looks very developed aero wise, to my untrained eye! Maybe they CAN just turn up and drive it to the finish!! Kudos to Dallara, certainly looks the part.

New Slogan for them: Dallara, Turn-key solutions… could be “edited” if the car proves less of a turn-key and more like poultry.

3. mclaren coloured wing. (with the red)

6. I think that’s the first time I’ve ever seen the launch of an F1 car through the lens of an F1 drivers mobile phone camera!

1. Not trying to be smart-alecky, but according to the EXIF informaton contained within the pictures they were taken with a Canon PowerShot SX10 IS. :-)

Nice car, btw.

1. Doh, I was looking at the pictues people were linking to.
        However, the pictures at the top of this page were indead shot with a Blackberry phone.

1. Picture hrt_4 was taken with a Nikon D700

2. who the hell did you find that out?!

1. Marc Connell
          4th March 2010, 21:04

maybe they where the people who took the pictures … D:

2. right click properties > summary> advanced. when you save as

7. Ned Flanders
    4th March 2010, 17:16

It’s quite a nice looking car and livery, but it’s a bit boring. Plus I’m getting sick of seeing unsponsored cars, surely there are more sponsors out there than this, or did Mosley and Flav scare them all off?

1. Boring????…its damn boring…what were they thinking when they thought about this colour?…anyways the more important thing is that they will be able to fight in the championship and it will definitely become more exciting to watch the backmarkers for once!!!

1. his_majesty
        4th March 2010, 18:20

I take it because a Senna name will most likely be back there? I hope not though, that’d be great if he pulled an 84 monaco gp!

2. Clearly this is meant to replicate primer paint, to be coloured in the eventual title sponsors’ livery if they get round to it in the next couple of weeks ;)

1. Ned Flanders
          4th March 2010, 21:10

That’s what they said about Brawn’s livery…

3. The orange, white and black colours are the same as Kolles Racing I think.
        I just think that it is too bad that they have not used more of the white and orange. Orange is a great colour on a race car.

8. Dingle Dell
    4th March 2010, 17:21

Eew… Outboard mirrors!!! That scares me away. I hope outboard mirrors will be banned in 2011. Looks like Virgin Racing to me plus the black shine of Sauber. Surely it will be great confusion on telly this year by commentators. Is that a Virgin or a HRT car passing by our commentary box. LOL!

1. They help the driver see when they are that far out… vs. the old style attached to the nose… I don’t think they will ban them because safety is important in F1

2. Should be easy, if they look at the size coming by. if it looks like a Battleship it’s HRT and smaller one the Virgin )

9. car view from front more clear pic
    posted by senna in his twitter

10. Well for the actual shape of the car it doesn’t look to bad for a new team, but from the pictures I have seen I don’t like the livery, mainly grey and the white stripe with red and yellow edges doesn’t work for me.

11. I am quite impressed by the design of the car (areodynamics wise) like the nose. for saying how long its been coming I wasnt expecting much, but … ok on looks alone, forgetting the read dwarf series 1 colour scheme, I am impressed. Good luck to them, I look forwards to seeing on track a week tomorrow!

12. Looks like an Indy Car :)

1. Ned Flanders
      4th March 2010, 18:15

This is completely off topic but saying as you mentioned Indy Cars I’m going to put it here anyway…

I read in Autosport today that Penske have changed their livery for 2010. Therefore the iconic red and white Marlboro livery has finally been retired after 40 years of loyal service to motorsport

1. BrokenBaculum
        4th March 2010, 18:32

Yes, their new cars are black, white and a little red.

And sorry to spoil your party but the Marlboro sponsorship started in 1990. They haven’t been with Penske for 40 years. Before M’Boro they had Pennzoil.

Back on topic I’m not a fan of the HRT colour/s, but the car really does resemble a current Indycar; the nose, the circular air intake, etc.

Let’s just hope it’s quick.

1. Actually, he is referring to McLaren using the Red/White Livery since the 70’s. Now the livery is gone for good.

13. the-muffin-man
    4th March 2010, 17:27

Hmmm – battleship grey – a colour guaranteed to get your heart racing!!! ;-)

14. the cars shape looks better than the lotus car but the brake cooling on the front tyres look really big lol

15. Untitled258
    4th March 2010, 17:27

The side pod air intakes look pretty big compared to a lot of teams, and the front wing dosnt look overly complex, compared to the Lotus, compared to the virgin it does look more i guess.

No doubt they will be racing themselves at the back though.

16. Is it me or does this make you sad?
    This is an F1 unworthy unveiling of a new car. Aaprt from the orange stripes the livery could well be stealth mode.
    Sooooo much time to prepare the launch and this is it?
    Who are those innocent bystanders on the pictures?

17. Well at least we know that we’ll have 12 teams this year.

It’s actually quite nice looking. Good luck to them.

18. So a good four seconds of the pace huh, shame about those delays, Dallara could have been capable of something special, hopefully, an really hopefully this car can race Virgin and Lotus, we don’t want three tier racing, three teams in the middle will do fine. If Dallara gets paid they could be among the better developing of the new teams, so maybe two seconds behind by the end of the year?

Well whatever HRT (an their car is hospital appliance grey) is in my mind a stepping stone for young Bruno, hopefully we can get him a decent drive for next year.

19. Eje Gustafsson
    4th March 2010, 17:43

The boring ugly duckling but will not become a swan. It looks very unfinished. Yellow/orange flaps on the front wing, huge beak cooling ducks in a flat gray (looks like plain primer) and some massive engine cooling ducks on the side pods. Except for nose and front wing makes me thing of a GP2 car or something. They used the Newey design on part of the nose (v shape) but very narrow and surprisingly low. We will see who is slowest, Virgin, Lotus or HRT. My guess HRT will be close to 10 sec behind front runners on practice and might only be 2-3 second behind Lotus/Virgin on race day.

1. F1withMySon
      4th March 2010, 18:02

These were the exact points I was going to make. Those front brake cooling ducts are ridiculously huge. That front wing doesn’t look legal to me – the top plain extends too far inward maybe? Other than that, I actually like the color scheme. Best of luck to them though.

2. I’m not meaning to make fun of your English here Eje (which is fantastic, far better than I could do in Swedish) but now I have a mental image of cute fluffy little ducks sitting on the sidepods, blowing cool air into the engine :)

20. Who’s not gonna be at work next Friday ?? :) BBC Red button here we come :) :)

1. I tried checking out BBC Red Button from Canada with no luck. Is there any word that will be available here? Or, perhaps something equivalent?

2. TheGreatCornholio
      4th March 2010, 18:16

Me me me me! I’ve not really watched practice before but i’m well up for it this year. BRING IT ON

3. What time is practice? If its early I’ll be watching :)

Jump to comment page: 1 2 3 5