HRT F1 car revealed in Spain

F1 pictures

HRT launched their 2010 F1 car in Spain today

HRT launched their 2010 F1 car in Spain today

HRT has revealed the car which will be raced by Bruno Senna and Karun Chandhok in 2010.

The Dallara-designed chassis is largely sponsor-less apart from the logos of Senna’s sponsor Embratel. It has a dark grey livery with white and red details.

HRT F1 launch pictures

HRT F1 launch video

Images (C) Motioncompany

180 comments on HRT F1 car revealed in Spain

1 2 3 7
  1. Ryan M said on 4th March 2010, 17:12

From here the livery looks like the old Midland team’s livery

2. Christian said on 4th March 2010, 17:12

Best photo I’ve found so far

3. Deurmat said on 4th March 2010, 17:13

the new teams like the small nose for some reason

• Scribe said on 4th March 2010, 21:25

Because of the simplicity of a lot of their aero dynamics it’s all very high drag, they’ve all had to go for equaly simple solutions to counter balance this. Small pointy noses seem to be the result.

4. Ryan M said on 4th March 2010, 17:13

now it doesnt

5. Chalky said on 4th March 2010, 17:13

Hard to tell much really. Is this the only picture of it?
    If I didn’t know which of this years cars it was I would have picked it to be the Virgin car from that shot.

• Yes, it looks like de Virgin car

• MarkC said on 4th March 2010, 17:25

Very Virgin F1 like, but it does have cascades on the front wing. It looks very developed aero wise, to my untrained eye! Maybe they CAN just turn up and drive it to the finish!! Kudos to Dallara, certainly looks the part.

New Slogan for them: Dallara, Turn-key solutions… could be “edited” if the car proves less of a turn-key and more like poultry.

• sato113 said on 4th March 2010, 18:21

mclaren coloured wing. (with the red)

6. lotus49 said on 4th March 2010, 17:14

I think that’s the first time I’ve ever seen the launch of an F1 car through the lens of an F1 drivers mobile phone camera!

7. Ned Flanders said on 4th March 2010, 17:16

It’s quite a nice looking car and livery, but it’s a bit boring. Plus I’m getting sick of seeing unsponsored cars, surely there are more sponsors out there than this, or did Mosley and Flav scare them all off?

• F1 fan said on 4th March 2010, 17:31

Boring????…its damn boring…what were they thinking when they thought about this colour?…anyways the more important thing is that they will be able to fight in the championship and it will definitely become more exciting to watch the backmarkers for once!!!

• his_majesty said on 4th March 2010, 18:20

I take it because a Senna name will most likely be back there? I hope not though, that’d be great if he pulled an 84 monaco gp!

• Scalextric said on 4th March 2010, 20:44

Clearly this is meant to replicate primer paint, to be coloured in the eventual title sponsors’ livery if they get round to it in the next couple of weeks ;)

• TSJ said on 5th March 2010, 7:41

The orange, white and black colours are the same as Kolles Racing I think.
        I just think that it is too bad that they have not used more of the white and orange. Orange is a great colour on a race car.

8. Dingle Dell said on 4th March 2010, 17:21

Eew… Outboard mirrors!!! That scares me away. I hope outboard mirrors will be banned in 2011. Looks like Virgin Racing to me plus the black shine of Sauber. Surely it will be great confusion on telly this year by commentators. Is that a Virgin or a HRT car passing by our commentary box. LOL!

• They help the driver see when they are that far out… vs. the old style attached to the nose… I don’t think they will ban them because safety is important in F1

• Immort said on 5th March 2010, 10:23

Should be easy, if they look at the size coming by. if it looks like a Battleship it’s HRT and smaller one the Virgin )

9. speed0462 said on 4th March 2010, 17:22

car view from front more clear pic
    posted by senna in his twitter

10. PJA said on 4th March 2010, 17:23

Well for the actual shape of the car it doesn’t look to bad for a new team, but from the pictures I have seen I don’t like the livery, mainly grey and the white stripe with red and yellow edges doesn’t work for me.

11. nick said on 4th March 2010, 17:25

I am quite impressed by the design of the car (areodynamics wise) like the nose. for saying how long its been coming I wasnt expecting much, but … ok on looks alone, forgetting the read dwarf series 1 colour scheme, I am impressed. Good luck to them, I look forwards to seeing on track a week tomorrow!

12. Looks like an Indy Car :)

• Ned Flanders said on 4th March 2010, 18:15

This is completely off topic but saying as you mentioned Indy Cars I’m going to put it here anyway…

I read in Autosport today that Penske have changed their livery for 2010. Therefore the iconic red and white Marlboro livery has finally been retired after 40 years of loyal service to motorsport

• BrokenBaculum said on 4th March 2010, 18:32

Yes, their new cars are black, white and a little red.

And sorry to spoil your party but the Marlboro sponsorship started in 1990. They haven’t been with Penske for 40 years. Before M’Boro they had Pennzoil.

Back on topic I’m not a fan of the HRT colour/s, but the car really does resemble a current Indycar; the nose, the circular air intake, etc.

Let’s just hope it’s quick.

• R.E.M. said on 4th March 2010, 19:39

Actually, he is referring to McLaren using the Red/White Livery since the 70’s. Now the livery is gone for good.

13. the-muffin-man said on 4th March 2010, 17:27

Hmmm – battleship grey – a colour guaranteed to get your heart racing!!! ;-)

14. Deurmat said on 4th March 2010, 17:27

the cars shape looks better than the lotus car but the brake cooling on the front tyres look really big lol

15. Untitled258 said on 4th March 2010, 17:27

The side pod air intakes look pretty big compared to a lot of teams, and the front wing dosnt look overly complex, compared to the Lotus, compared to the virgin it does look more i guess.

No doubt they will be racing themselves at the back though.

1 2 3 7