HRT F1 car revealed in Spain

F1 pictures

HRT launched their 2010 F1 car in Spain today

HRT launched their 2010 F1 car in Spain today

HRT has revealed the car which will be raced by Bruno Senna and Karun Chandhok in 2010.

The Dallara-designed chassis is largely sponsor-less apart from the logos of Senna’s sponsor Embratel. It has a dark grey livery with white and red details.

HRT F1 launch pictures

HRT F1 launch video

Images (C) Motioncompany

180 comments on HRT F1 car revealed in Spain

1. Peter said on 4th March 2010, 17:31

Is it me or does this make you sad?
    This is an F1 unworthy unveiling of a new car. Aaprt from the orange stripes the livery could well be stealth mode.
    Sooooo much time to prepare the launch and this is it?
    Who are those innocent bystanders on the pictures?

2. Spud said on 4th March 2010, 17:40

Well at least we know that we’ll have 12 teams this year.

It’s actually quite nice looking. Good luck to them.

3. Scribe said on 4th March 2010, 17:43

So a good four seconds of the pace huh, shame about those delays, Dallara could have been capable of something special, hopefully, an really hopefully this car can race Virgin and Lotus, we don’t want three tier racing, three teams in the middle will do fine. If Dallara gets paid they could be among the better developing of the new teams, so maybe two seconds behind by the end of the year?

Well whatever HRT (an their car is hospital appliance grey) is in my mind a stepping stone for young Bruno, hopefully we can get him a decent drive for next year.

4. Eje Gustafsson said on 4th March 2010, 17:43

The boring ugly duckling but will not become a swan. It looks very unfinished. Yellow/orange flaps on the front wing, huge beak cooling ducks in a flat gray (looks like plain primer) and some massive engine cooling ducks on the side pods. Except for nose and front wing makes me thing of a GP2 car or something. They used the Newey design on part of the nose (v shape) but very narrow and surprisingly low. We will see who is slowest, Virgin, Lotus or HRT. My guess HRT will be close to 10 sec behind front runners on practice and might only be 2-3 second behind Lotus/Virgin on race day.

• F1withMySon said on 4th March 2010, 18:02

These were the exact points I was going to make. Those front brake cooling ducts are ridiculously huge. That front wing doesn’t look legal to me – the top plain extends too far inward maybe? Other than that, I actually like the color scheme. Best of luck to them though.

• I’m not meaning to make fun of your English here Eje (which is fantastic, far better than I could do in Swedish) but now I have a mental image of cute fluffy little ducks sitting on the sidepods, blowing cool air into the engine :)

5. Who’s not gonna be at work next Friday ?? :) BBC Red button here we come :) :)

• Andrew said on 4th March 2010, 17:53

I tried checking out BBC Red Button from Canada with no luck. Is there any word that will be available here? Or, perhaps something equivalent?

• TheGreatCornholio said on 4th March 2010, 18:16

Me me me me! I’ve not really watched practice before but i’m well up for it this year. BRING IT ON

• Pabs said on 5th March 2010, 9:00

What time is practice? If its early I’ll be watching :)

6. speed0462 said on 4th March 2010, 17:48

here is the back view of car
    link:

• BasCB said on 4th March 2010, 18:28

they are really into the trend of not showing (part) of the diffusor. Does Dallara have a suprise here?
      I noticed, that the exhausts are sealed in this picture. Is that normal?

Would have looked better for wider spanish flag-stripes, to add some colour. The front really looks Red BullxVirgin and the cooling is probably over-sized.

• Scribe said on 4th March 2010, 18:59

Seeing the small amount of diffuser they covered it’s clear what they’ve got there huh.

A conservative Brawnesque squashed u, which I think you’ll find is the precise technical term. Which is rubbish they’ll be at least 4 seconds behind whatever running out of cash can do that to a car.

7. James said on 4th March 2010, 17:49

Looks great. Wouldnt suprise me if they were the best of the new bunch. We’ll find out soon enough.

8. ledzep4pm said on 4th March 2010, 17:55

Front doesn’t look as developed as the lotus, more like the virgin, but the rear looks more aggressive than the lotus, should be a good car and would expect some points may be this season

9. steph said on 4th March 2010, 17:58

I’m not expecting much but I really hope this team can survive. For me they are the underdogs and they’ve got one of my favourite drivers in their car. Very happy Bruno has got a chance. This is already my 2nd favourite team :P

10. Grey is the most boring colour ever. Stick some more orange on it!

Most importantly though Senna has a drive :D

11. Stefan looking better everyday …HRT will run out of money real soon

12. Horrible car!

13. ledzep4pm said on 4th March 2010, 18:09

HA HA they’re hiding the diffuser can’t be any more complex than the mclaren or ferrari

14. Lustigson said on 4th March 2010, 18:17

Looks nice, livery-wise. Reminds me of the 1991 Fondmetal FA1M: http://i43.tinypic.com/ip8ihi.jpg