HRT F1 car revealed in Spain

F1 pictures

HRT launched their 2010 F1 car in Spain today

HRT launched their 2010 F1 car in Spain today

HRT has revealed the car which will be raced by Bruno Senna and Karun Chandhok in 2010.

The Dallara-designed chassis is largely sponsor-less apart from the logos of Senna’s sponsor Embratel. It has a dark grey livery with white and red details.

HRT F1 launch pictures

HRT F1 launch video

Images (C) Motioncompany

180 comments on HRT F1 car revealed in Spain

1. mfDB said on 4th March 2010, 19:50

I bet Ken Anderson and Peter Windsor are palm to face right now. This is the last little kick in the a$$ to USF1. I bet they were hoping these guys wouldn’t show up either….

• Swanky F1 said on 4th March 2010, 20:02

You could never kick USF1’s ass… they’ll be back next year and do well in F1. Never count out American Ingenuity.

• mfDB said on 4th March 2010, 20:52

I hope so! I’m just saying, this probably isn’t a fun article for them to read….

• Frank said on 4th March 2010, 22:54

Jesus… I can’t believe people are still believing in USF1, haven’t they failed miserably? The point is they claimed they could pull it off and they didn’t. Lotus had less time than them and still showed up to testing. And what makes Americans so good that we shouldn’t count them out? If anything this team has proven exactly the opposite than what they wanted, that you cannot build a car out of Charlotte NC… Plus, why did they need to go and try to design a new “revolutionary” transverse gearbox? If they had any idea what they were getting into they would have known to start with a simple proven design. Now they lost their spot and any chance of getting money for further years.

• R.E.M. said on 4th March 2010, 23:04

I think you could build an F1 car in the US, but it seemed that Ken Anderson’s incompetence and Peter Windsor’s nativity doomed the team from day one. Plus, it didn’t help how arrogant the team was, considering they have showed little to nothing.

• Peter Windsor’s nativity doomed the team from day one.

I agree. Casting Chad Hurley as one of the Three Wise Men was a terrible mistake.

• mfDB said on 5th March 2010, 17:51

Geez Frank, you sound a little testy there. First of all, people can believe in whatever the hell they want. Second, it’s not that Americans are so great, it’s that the market here is huge for the majority of the F1 sponsors/manufactures. Ferrari, Mercedes (in 2009 BMW and Toyota) sell a massive amount of cars here and the publicity would be good for them. So, the money makers in F1 want it to work, which gives hope to the situation for US fans…Even though Ken and British Windsor should probably just pack it up, there is still some slight possibility that their factory and their slot can still be used for 2011, but with proper preparation and management.

In reality, who cares if the car is made in the US….I just want to see US F1 drivers.

2. Daffid said on 4th March 2010, 19:53

£10 says they only get one car to the start line in Bahrain… and it doesn’t last 20 laps

Still good luck to them, hopefully they get up to newbie speed quickly. But £20 says ‘blue flags’ becomes the most talked about topic of the season…

• £10? You’re on! So if they get two cars to the starting grid I win, and if they get one and it lasts 20 laps or more then I win.

“£20 says ‘blue flags’ becomes the most talked about topic of the season”

I’ll have some of that too but that one is harder to quantify but I willing to bet £20 there’ll be something that’s obviously more significant.

So £30 pounds all in all.

• Adrian said on 5th March 2010, 13:22

I hear that the men waving the blue flags will have their work cut out this year.

With the extra cars on track the blue flags will be out more often as the leaders come round to pass the back-markers.

So the man with the blue flag will have to have his blue flag ready, so that he can wave his blue flag at the backmarkers, who will see the blue flag and know that the appearance of a blue flag means that they are about to be lapped.

I bet the leaders hope the new drivers know what the blue flags are for, otherwise there’d be no point having the blue flags at all…

(They you go, helped you towards that £20…though I think you may lose out as the blown rear wing is looking like being the hot topic of the year)

• Daffid said on 5th March 2010, 13:49

Ok, if I win, you owe me the money… if you win, just talk to my accountants ‘Campos, Stefanovic and Windsor’…

:D

• Daffid said on 14th March 2010, 12:47

Well, one of them started from the pits, not the grid, and they only made 19 laps… not a bad prediction all round ;p
        Not reached the blue flag stage yet

3. explosiva said on 4th March 2010, 19:59

Is that an air intake or a cannon?

4. Swanky F1 said on 4th March 2010, 20:01

This car is incredibly primitive looking… I feel like I’m viewing an F1 car from the 80’s.

5. GQsm said on 4th March 2010, 20:16

I quite like the shape, but dull dark primer grey for the base colour?
    I hope it’s just because they haven’t decided on a proper colour scheme yet.

That’s the kind of colour you use to make something forgettable.

• Icthyes said on 5th March 2010, 0:52

Looks quite good, the lack of sponsors on many of the cars is quite scary though – although in ING’s case, perhaps that’s a good thing given their influence on the livery!

• I guess they have some:
        – Muricia (spanish autonomous Community of the Region of Murcia), see their slogan on the car: Región de Murcia; no-typical
        – a brazilian bank
        – a company of Carlos Slim (Embratel).
        They probably did not have time to put the stickers on.

I have concerns about their name “HRT” as it resembles australian Holden Racing Team noticeably, they could have some legal issues with them.

6. antizyklon said on 4th March 2010, 20:37

Looks more like a neutral livery, waiting for some sponsors and paint it in any color. :)

7. Jesus look at those break ducts!

8. ledzep4pm said on 4th March 2010, 21:02

what is the chassis model i.e W01 or MP4-25

9. J.A. Summers said on 4th March 2010, 21:29

Man, I wish they make a few changes to their livery before the first race, like Force India did in 2008…

• Scribe said on 4th March 2010, 21:35

Hell yeah, breaze block gray does not make you think, worlds fastest racing machines does it?

10. Nick Someone said on 4th March 2010, 21:42

Grey isn’t a terrible colour to be, but pleeease make it a darker grey. …I beg you Team Hormone Replacement Therapy.

It’s hard to tell, but looks like a shorter wheel base car than the big teams.

11. spawinte said on 4th March 2010, 22:03

Nose is the exact same as Virgin. And as others have said lookit those huuuuge brake ducts.

12. Where is the cleaning-brush ?

13. Lewis vs Alonso,
    HRT vs Virgin,
    Schumacher vs Vettel,
    Lotus vs Ferrari
    Brawn vs Ferrari
    Webber vs Button
    USF1 vs Stefan GP in 2011
    Senna vs Schumacher….and this time it’s personal?

what isn’t to love about F1?, forget the WC I say…