HRT F1 car revealed in Spain

F1 pictures

HRT launched their 2010 F1 car in Spain today

HRT launched their 2010 F1 car in Spain today

HRT has revealed the car which will be raced by Bruno Senna and Karun Chandhok in 2010.

The Dallara-designed chassis is largely sponsor-less apart from the logos of Senna’s sponsor Embratel. It has a dark grey livery with white and red details.

HRT F1 launch pictures

HRT F1 launch video

Images (C) Motioncompany

180 comments on HRT F1 car revealed in Spain

1. Prisoner Monkeys said on 4th March 2010, 22:46

I like it. It’s very simple, very stripped-back. This, I think, is what a Formula 1 car should look like. None of these shark fins and complex front wings.

• Exactly. Aside from the sidepod veins/mirror stalks, it’s what an F1 car should look like. I like the colour too, there should be more bare carbon fibre on these cars.

• Actually if it showed bare carbon fibre it would look a whole lot better than this muddy grey.

• Prisoner Monkeys said on 5th March 2010, 5:03

Um, that’s not exposed carbon fibre. If you look at the Mercedes W01, you’ll see “exposed carbon fibre” (actually just a decal because car parts are made in a way that maximises rigidity, so the grain of the carbon fibre very rarely matches the lines of the car). This is just grey paint.

• ajokay said on 5th March 2010, 9:07

Ok then, my bad, it’s not exposed carbon fibre, but my point still stands. It does look nice on the Merc, even if it is faux exposed carbon fibre.

2. Good on them for getting everything sorted!
    If only USF1 had done the same and allowed the team to be bought (or partially bought) we’d have a 26-car grid.
    GREAT to see the Senna name back in F1.

3. aNT366 said on 5th March 2010, 0:44

Swanky F1: Need a binocular.

4. The livery was described as maroon. This is not really maroon is it?

5. It looks like a Dolphin (or possibly a Whale…) Could they have come up with a more uninspiring colour scheme?

6. todd said on 5th March 2010, 2:03

worst, paint job, ever.

7. MEmo said on 5th March 2010, 2:51

I don´t know if someone has said it already, but: what a horrible horrible car! A horrible horrible horrible boring dull car! Dark gray? What a horrible color! The livery “details”? Plain ugly! Just really really horrible! At least Virgin and Lotus will have someone to beat…

8. Ah so many experts, how does anyone know the car will be a failure before it’s even turned a wheel??
    This is a Dallara remember, and they’ve been working on this chassis for quite a while, plus this is a launch chassis is it not?
    Atleast give these guys credit for actually producing a car, something those clowns that run USF1 failed to do

Good luck HRT :)

9. Kallan said on 5th March 2010, 4:43

It seems I’m in the minority who like it. It’s simple, understated and the red on the wings is nice.
    It seems we have a wide variation of liveries this year. I look forward to the effect of seeing them together on the grid in Bahrain.

10. Juan said on 5th March 2010, 5:13

I like the colors, it looks like an stealth F1 car, everyone lapping them would be as if they were not really there.

Keith you could make a gallery/poll to vote for the best liveries.

11. iceshiel said on 5th March 2010, 5:34

I like the spots of orange, it goes very well with the grey. They should have had more orange.

• ajokay said on 5th March 2010, 9:15

I think that’s just the lighting. The orange is red, as the stripes are the red and yellow of the Spanish flag.

12. Inc0mmunicado said on 5th March 2010, 5:41

The stripe on the front, the kink in the nose and the sweeping engine cover/sidepods make it look like the formula gran turismo ’04..

13. GeeMac said on 5th March 2010, 5:43

At last we have a full grid (not even going to mention USF1 here because of yesterday’s official entry list announcement)! We have 12 teams which have let us have sight of their cars and 24 drivers who are all ready and raring to go! And at last we get to see the car that will bring the Senna name back into F1! I simply cannot wait for Bahrain.

The car looks alright. Not mad about the grey but I do like the orange and white stripes. The front wing is a bit ungainly, but I’m sure Dallara have done their homework.

14. As an aside, I just received my April issue of Road & Track, you know, the one with the F1 season preview? And one of the featured articles is …….wait for it……USF1.

Someone at the editorial desk was asleep at the key board to let that one by! Haven’t had the courage to read it just yet, the disappointment is still too bitter to swallow.

15. Untitled258 said on 5th March 2010, 7:39

I just thaught, The livary is exactly the same as Last years brawn, but just different colours.