Bahrain Grand Prix Live TV Times

Here are the details of the BBC’s live video coverage of the Bahrain Grand Prix and the F1 Fanatic live blogs which will take place during all five sessions this weekend:

Friday 12th March 2010

Bahrain Grand Prix Free practice 1 ?ǣ 7:00 ?ǣ 08:30 (BBC Red Button and online)
F1 Fanatic live blog will run throughout this session

Bahrain Grand Prix Free practice 2 ?ǣ 11:00 ?ǣ 12:30 (BBC Red Button and online)
F1 Fanatic live blog will run throughout this session

Saturday 13th March 2010

Bahrain Grand Prix Free practice 3 ?ǣ 08:00 ?ǣ 09:00 (BBC Red Button and online)
F1 Fanatic live blog will run throughout this session

Bahrain Grand Prix Qualifying ?ǣ 10:10 (BBC1, Red Button and online) (Starts at 11:00)
F1 Fanatic live blog will begin around 10:00 and end around half an hour after the chequered flag

Sunday 14th March 2010

Bahrain Grand Prix ?ǣ 11:10 (BBC1, Red Button and online) (Starts at 12:00)
F1 Fanatic live blog will begin around 11:00 and end around half an hour after the chequered flag

Please share details of the F1 coverage in your area below.

Read more: 2010 Bahrain Grand Prix

62 comments on Bahrain Grand Prix Live TV Times

1. Untitled258 said on 9th March 2010, 10:11

Yup, going to miss live Qually and the Race for sure, stupid job.

2. Ned Flanders said on 9th March 2010, 10:49

I think perhaps you mean half *an* hour after the race Keith.

Remember everyone here in the UK- the race is an hour earlier than usual, presumably because the season is starting before the clocks change. I’d hate to tune in at ten past 12 as usual to find I’d missed the first few laps of the season!

3. Schumi_the_greatest said on 9th March 2010, 10:53

this is later than the race started last year isnt it?

good news for me…i can wake up hungover and watch it in bed on sunday morning! :-)

4. Macca said on 9th March 2010, 10:54

For all you viewers in Australia, ONE HD is showing an hour long season preview at 7:30pm tomorrow (Wednesday).

• MPJ1994 said on 9th March 2010, 11:00

Is that Eastern Standard Time or local time?

• Karan said on 9th March 2010, 13:17

God bless you

• MPJ1994 said on 10th March 2010, 7:38

Thanks for that Macca.

Here in Adelaide its on at 7pm so I’d assume it would be on at around 5.30ish in Perth.

• Bentschke said on 10th March 2010, 11:15

There is also a repeat on Thursday night 10:30 – 11:30pm SA/NT time.

Qualifying is live 9:30pm
        Race is live 10:00pm with pre-race show half-hour beforehand. (SA/NT time)

I wish they would show the practice session live as well. At least we do get to see them for the Australian Grand Prix.

I think it is great that ONE have made the commitment to show every qualifying and race live this year. We will see how that goes when they have some of the Asian races shown around 4:30pm our time.

The only thing I dont like about the ONE coverage is the ridiculous and annoying comments by the commentary team – Cam McConville, Greg Rust, Darryl Beattie. They should just shut-up and let us watch and listen to the BBC commentary team.

The most annoying part is after every commercial break they sit and talk without even ‘really’ knowing what is going on – instead of converting straight back to the BBC commentary team. It is so annoying!!!

• Macca said on 11th March 2010, 5:36

Cam McConville is not on the team any more as far as I can tell Craig Baird has taken that spot and they wont get there pre race report from Peter Winsor any more, James Allen is taking that role over, which is great news.

• MAADMAXX said on 6th June 2010, 13:58

Despite his racing heritage, Craig Baird adds nothing original to the commentary team – except maybe “snippey re-iterations” of Daryl Beattie’s insightful comments. Mindless gumby, get Craig Baird off the telecast. What do you guys think?

5. Icthyes said on 9th March 2010, 11:16

Boo hiss, why did I move to Canada? Minimal coverage and no BBC extras makes me a sad panda.

• ajokay said on 9th March 2010, 14:32

South Park reference makes this comment of the day.

• bwells said on 9th March 2010, 17:33

No doubt.. lol… I wonder if SpeedTV will be blacking out the races and quali again this year.. good thing the races were on TSN as well.. all I can say is thank god for Darmeth..
        That’s the only way I can see the pre-race show after I download it… why can’t the FIA or BBC realize that there missing out on an opportunity to make money by offering the online access across the ocean… I would gladly pay for it.. :)

6. Chalky said on 9th March 2010, 11:33

Well I’ll miss the race being live as it’s Mothers Day. Despite me not even seeing my Mum on this day, I have 2 children and it’ll be me running around doing things (on their behalf). Crazy!

So, I’ll be watching this at around 11pm on record.

• SamS said on 9th March 2010, 16:48

Put your foot down Chalky, my in laws are coming round and i have told them that they are welcome but no talking or eating is happening until after 3pm!
      that didnt go too well with my wife, but my arguement…. they have had 5 months to come round, why pick the first bloody race of the season!

7. Invoke said on 9th March 2010, 12:24

It’s so close, I really can’t wait…

Do you still need help with these live blogs Keith? I’m free on Friday morning for the first two sessions if your still looking for people to help out.

8. geo132 said on 9th March 2010, 12:38

Keith, or anybody else who cares to explain, when you say “Bahrain Grand Prix Qualifying – 10:10 (BBC1) (Qualifying starts 11:00)”, does that mean it is not online but only on TV?
    I’m outside the UK, i was thinking to use a proxy and watch it online with BBC’s commentary.

If that doesn’t work out, i’ll watch it on Dubai Sports. if i’m not wrong they are supposed to broadcast it as well. will give more information about their times later, and will give the frequencies they air at (satellite).

Sadly i won’t be able to watch the beginning of the races, i have college :S Damn it, “we don’t need no education” :D

• Dave said on 9th March 2010, 13:55

It should be on the BBC Sport website if you can’t get near a TV.

• geo132 said on 9th March 2010, 14:12

Well i was thinking about that, will take my laptop to the lecture and just watch the race. But my main question was: will it be actually online.
        I quote Keith “Bahrain Grand Prix Free practice 3 – 08:00 – 09:00 (BBC Red Button and online)” – he says here Red Button and online.
        whereas in the qualifying + race he doesn’t mention the red button nor online..

• Robert McKay said on 9th March 2010, 14:30

Quali and the race will be online, yes.

I think Keith just lists it that way as the practice doesn’t get shown on the “main” BBC channels so people automaticall have turn to the red button or online streams. You can watch quali and the race on red button or online but that wouldn’t particularly be the “default”.

The 10.10 refers to when the quali show starts, with quali actually going green at 11.00.

• Dave said on 9th March 2010, 15:52

All sessions will be live online at bbc.co.uk/f1 .

Practice sessions will also be BBC Red Button.

• Keith Collantine (@keithcollantine) said on 9th March 2010, 14:48

Have tweaked the wording so it’s clearer.

9. chris said on 9th March 2010, 13:42

what can people outside the UK see on BBC Online? is it the same as BBC Online within UK?
    is there a place where i can watch F1 practice? here in holland we get like in most other places the qualifying and the race only.

10. Eje Gustafsson said on 9th March 2010, 16:00

US Show times (Central Standard Time – GMT-6)

Practice:
    Fri 3/12 5:00-6:30am SPEEDHD/SPEED
    Sat 3/13 12:30-2:00am SPEEDHD/SPEED

Qualification
    Sat 3/13 5:00-6:30am SPEEDHD/SPEED
    Sat 3/13 9:30-11:00pm SPEEDHD/SPEED (rerun)

Race
    Sun 3/14 6:30-9:00am SPEEDHD/SPEED
    Sun 3/14 12:30-3:00pm SPEEDHD/SPEED (rerun)
    Mon 3/15 11:30-2:00pm SPEEDHD/SPEED (rerun)

• Dr. Gonzo said on 9th March 2010, 18:17

IMPORTANT TO REMEMBER TO SET YOUR CLOCK AHEAD SATURDAY NIGHT!!

Daylight Time starts at 2AM Sunday 3/14 in the US – two weeks ahead of the rest of the world, that’s why morning practices start an hour earlier than the race here in the US.

11. Søren Kaae said on 9th March 2010, 16:33

Denmark:
    Alle tiderne er for 3 Puls.
    Fredag:
    08:00 – 09:35 Fri træning 1
    12:00 – 13:35 Fri træning 2

Lørdag:
    09:00 – 10:10 Fri træning 3
    12:00 – 13:15 Kvalifikation

Søndag:
    07:00 – 08:35 Fri træning 2 (Reprise)
    08:35 – 09:45 Fri træning 3 (Reprise)
    09:45 – 11:00 Kvalifikation (Reprise)
    11:00 – 15:30 Bahrain GP
    15:30 – 16:00 Schumachers Comeback (Dokumentar)

12. Hey said on 9th March 2010, 19:55

My sister asked me yesterday what I was getting Mum for Sunday. I stared at her blankly, wondering why the first race of the F1 season would mean I had to buy Mum something…

13. Anon said on 9th March 2010, 20:04

Does anyone know if the BBC are doing a season preview this week on TV or radio??
    Guessing 5Live will have their normal race preview Fri night.
    Thanks in advance for any help.
    :-)
    Ps. We’re doing an honorary Mother’s Day at a more convenient time to free up Sun!

14. Anon said on 10th March 2010, 1:53

Thanks Calum and Steph! Spend most my online time just on mobile so do sometimes miss main BBC website content.
    Just been on computer and watched all the season preview vids now though – def enjoyable stuff for anyone else who missed them.
    Course, that does mean I’m up slightly later than ideal, but such is the life of a fanatic!
    :-)

15. geo132 said on 10th March 2010, 5:26

Hey guys i have another question:
    Do BBC keep the race on the iPlayer even after it’s done? like they do with Top Gear and all other tv shows?

• Robert McKay said on 10th March 2010, 10:14

For the normal amount of time stuff is on iPlayer, yes (a week?).

The free practice videos can still be found plenty of time afterwards, though, but sometimes tracking them down is not simple.