In less than 24 hours’ times we’ll start to get answers to all the questions we have about the hugely anticipated new Formula 1 season.
As is traditional, now’s the time to make your guesses on the big stories of the season ahead. Answer these 20 questions on the 2010 season below and we’ll check them again in eight months’ time to see who did best:
1. What will be the best surprise?
2. What will be the worst surprise?
3. Which driver will be replaced first?
4. Who will he be replaced by?
5. What will be the biggest political story?
6. Jenson Button vs Lewis Hamilton: who will score the most points?
7. Felipe Massa vs Fernando Alonso: who will score the most points?
8. How many races will Michael Schumacher win?
9. Will Kimi Räikkönen announce a return to F1 in 2011?
10. Who will have the worst reliability?
11. Who will be the most impressive rookie (including Kamui Kobayashi and Jaime Alguersuari)?
12. Which will be the most entertaining race?
13. Who will set the most pole positions?
14. Who will win the Monaco Grand Prix?
15. Who will be the first retirement at Bahrain?
16. Which will be the best new team?
17. At which race will the drivers’ title be won?
18. Who will win the constructors’ championship?
19. Who will win the drivers’ championship?
20. How many points will the winning driver score?
Here are my answers:
1. Lotus getting on the pace by the end of the season
2. HRT not making it to the end of the season
3. Jaime Alguersuari
4. Daniel Ricciardo
5. Plans for a new engine specification
6. Lewis Hamilton
7. Fernando Alonso
11. Nico Hülkenberg
13. Lewis Hamilton
14. Fernando Alonso
15. Karun Chandhok
19. Michael Schumacher
This one’s just for fun but if you fancy putting your prediction powers to the test to win some serious prizes, make sure you join in the 2010 F1 Fanatic Predictions Championship
See all the articles in the F1 Fanatic 2010 Season Preview
2010 F1 season