Lewis Hamilton put McLaren on top of the times sheets in the second practice session at Shanghai.
Nico Rosberg split the McLarens with Jenson Button third having been fastest this morning.
Button was one of several drivers to struggle with traffic during the session, shaking his first at Lucas di Grassi after getting stuck behind the Virgin driver.
Fernando Alonso, who missed most of first practice due to an engine failure, had a similar encounter with Bruno Senna at the long turn 13. And Robert Kubica almost collided with Karun Chandhok.
Sebastien Buemi was unable to join in the second session after his crash in practice this morning. But team mate Jaime Alguersuari covered more laps than anyone else – 43 – and set the eighth-quickest time.
At Force India Vitantonio Liuzzi returned to his car which had been used by Paul di Resta this morning. He ended the session 16th, 1.6s slower than Adrian Sutil.
Jarno Trulli was the quickest of the new teams’ drivers but team mate Heikki Kovalainen ended his session early when his T127 came to a halt on the track.
Chandhok put HRT in front of one of their rivals, lapping the Shanghai circuit a tenth of a second faster than di Grassi.
|5||5||Sebastian Vettel||Red Bull-Renault||1’35.791||0.574||30|
|6||6||Mark Webber||Red Bull-Renault||1’35.995||0.778||29|
|7||14||Adrian Sutil||Force India-Mercedes||1’36.254||1.037||31|
|8||17||Jaime Alguersuari||Toro Rosso-Ferrari||1’36.377||1.16||43|
|13||22||Pedro de la Rosa||Sauber-Ferrari||1’37.421||2.204||32|
|16||15||Vitantonio Liuzzi||Force India-Mercedes||1’37.804||2.587||31|
|22||25||Lucas di Grassi||Virgin-Cosworth||1’41.107||5.89||28|
|25||16||Sebastien Buemi||Toro Rosso-Ferrari||0|
2010 Chinese Grand Prix
- Sunday in Shanghai – a fans’ view of the 2010 Chinese Grand Prix
- 2010 Chinese Grand Prix – the complete F1 Fanatic review
- Ferrari deny Alonso-Massa rift
- Points for Petrov and first McLaren 1-2 since 2007 (Chinese GP stats and facts)
- Safety car spares Hamilton and Alonso’s blushes (Chinese Grand Prix analysis)
- Chinese Grand Prix fastest laps
- Chinese Grand Prix in pictures
- Webber loses out in safety car incident
- Button leads McLaren to one-two in wet race
- Hamilton’s pit lane dice with Vettel could cost him second (Update: no penalty)