Chinese Grand Prix in pictures

Nico Rosberg crosses the finish line in third place

Nico Rosberg crosses the finish line in third place

A sprinkling of rain produced action and overtaking galore in Shanghai. Have a look at these pictures from the Chinese Grand Prix.

2010 Chinese Grand Prix

Browse all 2010 Chinese Grand Prix articles

More pictures to follow

Images (C) Ferrari spa, Bridgestone/Ercole Colombo, Renault/LAT, Williams/LAT, Lotus F1, www.mclaren.com, Getty Images/Red Bull, Force India F1 Team, Daimler

23 comments on Chinese Grand Prix in pictures

1. Giuseppe said on 18th April 2010, 15:43

Thanks for the hi-res pics

2. Mike said on 18th April 2010, 15:54

WOW, some really amazing pictures! thanks a lot!

3. Xamanara said on 18th April 2010, 16:07

In capitalist world, Hamilton passes Petrov. In Soviet Russia and Communist China, Petrov lets Hamilton pass.

• pete said on 18th April 2010, 19:20

Poor form! It should go something like this:

In Soviet Russia, Grand Prix finishes YOU!

• Xamanara said on 18th April 2010, 20:27

In capitalist world you watch Formula 1. In Soviet Russia Formula 1 is not watched.

• Robbie said on 18th April 2010, 20:33

I don’t think you quite grasp it.

• Xamanara said on 18th April 2010, 20:53

In Communist China (which has changed towards capitalism) Petrov gets prize money for points finish. In Soviet Russia, the prize money is taken away from the sportsman?

4. sato113 said on 18th April 2010, 16:35

great pics.
    i bet if it was hamilton who had jump started into the lead the media would instantly label him a ‘cheater’.
    shame FOM missed a few crucial overtakes live, (like BUT passing VET)

• FOM are not very good at showing all the exicting parts of a race. I think that’s one reason why many thought Bahrain was boring.

5. pete said on 18th April 2010, 19:23

Is there a stat kept somewhere of the positions gained on track (eg through an overtake) and for what position?

I would be very interested in studying all the overtakes and in respect to their performance/position.

I’m guessing Hamilton is one of the top overtakers so far this season but many of those were over drivers and cars which he should have never been behind to begin with.

6. Icthyes said on 18th April 2010, 19:26

Notice that in McLaren’s team photo Hamilton is the only one not wearing an orange jersey ;-)

7. R.E.M. said on 18th April 2010, 19:57

4 races… yet not one where all 24 cars start on the Grid. :(

I’m waiting for that so I can have a picture on my desktop. It looks wrong when there are cars missing.

Great pictures as always though!

8. I like those trophies. They look cool.

9. meszkov said on 18th April 2010, 20:10

great pics but only one kubica :(

10. Robbie said on 18th April 2010, 20:32

I was hoping there’d be a shot of the Hamilton vs Schumacher battle.

11. fordsrule said on 19th April 2010, 9:23

I was hoping there would be more Senna ones, And Alonso in the gravel of course :D But still Great Pics.

12. Patrickl said on 20th April 2010, 0:21

I saw a picture of Webber hanging over de McLaren looking inside of the cockpit. Was that here? I cannot find it anymore.