Rate the race – Spain

• 7 (14%)
  • 8 (5%)
  • 9 (2%)
  • 10 (2%)

Total Voters: 2,764

Loading ... Loading ...

1 = “Terrible” – 10 = “Perfect”

2010 Spanish Grand Prix

Browse all 2010 Spanish Grand Prix articles

141 comments on Rate the race – Spain

1. Mark Hitchcock said on 9th May 2010, 15:52

4, it was boring but was slightly less boring than I expected.

2. Mike said on 9th May 2010, 15:53

I gave it a 7, possibly a bit high.

The reason is, it wasn’t a bad race, we had enough cars battling for position to entertain me, but even when it was boring, It still looked good, and the film crew did a good job.

I can’t understand why people give it say, a three. Maybe 7 is high, maybe I’m just happy because Schumacher did well, but there were battles all race long, It wasn’t just a procession, we had incidents right up until the end of the race.

The only reason I would lower the score wasn’t actually to do with the race, I really do dislike Jonathan Legard, He is not a good commentator, yes he is better than he used to be, but remember at the start of the race? All he seemed to be able to do was be unsure of what to say, and then later in the race he just got things wrong. has anyone noticed that the driver on top becomes his hero? I remember recently he was saying Webber was finished in terms of his career, today it sounded like he loved him….. The race wasn’t great, but it wasn’t bad either, unfortunately, the same can’t be said for Legard.

3. Rick DeNatale said on 9th May 2010, 15:57

Did anyone else notice that Fernando was still wearing the bar code on his driving suit, at least the one he wore in the race. Didn’t pay too close attention to the one he wore during the post-race conference which I assume was a replacement for the champagne soaked one.

I’ve decided to call it the marlcode by the way.

• BS said on 9th May 2010, 16:01

I think this is actually Marlboro’s tactic at this point. It doesn’t really matte what they do, as long as they change something, so people notice and start talking about their brand of cigarettes.

Quite clever, as it seems to be working brilliantly, not to mention it made the Ferrari look a whole lot better. :D

• Mr. T said on 11th May 2010, 0:44

The barcode also remains in place on the helmet – you see it every time the TV director cuts to the onboard camera.

4. taurus said on 9th May 2010, 15:58

From memory I think I saw two passes for position. Which is just rubbish.

Circuit needs to go.

5. Mountain Man said on 9th May 2010, 16:12

For those of you who voted this race utter drivel (franton!) or “out of their minds” To vote more than 5…(Ben Curly)
    Why not give some constructive comments as to how the championship could be improved by say next season…If! you have more than 5 mins f1 experience!!!

• HounslowBusGarage said on 9th May 2010, 16:22

Not really fair, Mountain Man.
      This article is called “Rate the race – Spain”. Not “How could the series be improved?”
      Personally, I watched the first twenty laps or so, started falling asleep. Went off to do something else, came back and watched the last ten laps. Not sure I really missed anything in between.

• BasCB said on 9th May 2010, 16:34

dont think you did, if you did get Hamilton getting past Vettel before leaving.

Still i don’t think it was that bad with several chases going on.

• Mountain Man said on 9th May 2010, 16:49

This is not just “Rate the Race” It is a Long Campaign. & in my opinion (but not only) Regs. need to be changed!!!
        If You fell asleep after 20 laps as an f1 fan!!!How could you drag your ar** out of bed at 6am for one of the eastern races………….

6. Kevin said on 9th May 2010, 16:21

2/10

Typical Barcelona race. Start was uneventful, then it was just another train. Barely any overtakes, Button would have been stuck behind Schumi for the rest of the month if the race carried on. I would have given it a 1 but for Hamilton’s puncture

7. MP4-xx said on 9th May 2010, 16:29

Dull.. It’s not the track, it’s all because of the regulation. Just bring back refuelling, otherwise let’s hope for the wheather changes..

8. James Brickles said on 9th May 2010, 16:40

A 6. For Barcelona, it was a fairly good race.

For me, entertaining races are cars close in action together. Overtaking is just the icing on the cake. There were close battles between many cars, kept me quite entertained.

Overtaker of the race – Alguersuari. His start was awesome.

9. Cobray said on 9th May 2010, 17:07

Honestly Monaco and Barcelona really need some redesigning in some places to allow overtaking to exist. Anyways 4/10 was enjoyable but felt as always handicapped race no offence to spanish fans.

10. Zarathustra said on 9th May 2010, 17:17

Just terrible, Spanish GP should be thrown away and never return to F1 calendar.

1/10

The only entertaining moment was Lewis at the end.

11. TMAX said on 9th May 2010, 17:19

No Rain No Gain ……. and ofcourse No Fun…..

Thoughts on Monaco.

If it does not rain in Monaco. It is going to be another orderly parade. we would have to pin our hopes on the mistakes at the tight corners.

I believe it is going to be a 2 lane traffic race. Left lane for faster cars and right lane for back markers. Maybe 2 simultaneous processions. wow!!! we can expect 3 or 4 safety cars with the rookies crashing on to the walls.

Hope for next year at least 2 or 3 tire manufacturers are selected.

• Mr. T said on 11th May 2010, 0:50

> Left lane for faster cars and right lane for back markers.

IIRC Monaco is run clockwise so that would be quite an entertaining way to handicap the faster cars!

Of course, as somebody who lives in a country that drives on the left, I personally think it should be the other way round – make the faster cars overtake on the right :p

12. Damon said on 9th May 2010, 17:37

Get rid of that track or order it to be redesigned. SERIOUSLY.

13. MondoL said on 9th May 2010, 18:44

Altough not much overtaking, it seems the new no-refuelling is providing exciting finishes. Could vettel hold alonso? could alonso hold vettel after the tyre change? (vettel got -5 secs the first round in!) would the tyres last enough for ham? would web. have the same problems vettel had? would ham overtake web?

I think we have had a few good finishes this season.

14. djdaveyp said on 9th May 2010, 18:45

I voted 1 because I am throwing all my toys out of the pram and having a paddy! To top things off Chelsea beat Wigan 8-0! Not a good day!

15. smooth criminal said on 9th May 2010, 19:10

i hate this circuit the catalunya
    super duper flop race…..