HRT’s home race was not a happy affair as Bruno Senna crashed on the first lap and Karun Chandhok was taken out by Jaime Alguersuari.
|Karun Chandhok||Bruno Senna|
|Qualifying time comparison (Q1)||1’26.750 (-0.372)||1’27.122|
|Average race lap||1’34.141|
Out-qualified Senna for the second time but was dropped behind him on the grid due to a gearbox change penalty.
Ran ahead of Lucas di Grassi’s old VR-01 before being hit by Alguersuari. That knocked the front wing off the HRT and although Chandhok stopped to have it replaced he later retired due to damage from the accident.
Slowest in qualifying but started 21st due to other people’s penalties. Got up to 17th at the start but he crashed out at turn four.
2010 Spanish Grand Prix
- 2010 Spanish Grand Prix – the complete F1 Fanatic race weekend review
- Whitmarsh: Rim failure put Hamilton out
- Hamilton denies Webber a perfect result (Spanish Grand Prix facts and stats)
- Spanish Grand Prix in pictures
- Super start helps Alguersuari to points finish (Spanish Grand Prix analysis)
- Spanish Grand Prix fastest laps
- Webber dominates as Hamilton crashes out of second
- Spanish Grand Prix result
- Championship points after Spain
- Rate the race – Spain