Lotus promised a major step for the T127 at Barcelona and so it proved to be. In practice the car gained around 1% of lap time compared to the midfield runners.
But they’ve got around 1.5-2% more to find to get close to the midfield – and fellow new team rivals Virgin made similar progress this weekend.
|Jarno Trulli||Heikki Kovalainen|
|Qualifying time comparison (Q1)||1’24.674 (-0.074)||1’24.748|
|Average race lap||1’32.535|
Took the ‘new team’ pole and victory. Reported that the new car felt “difficult to drive” during the race, but still came home ahead of Timo Glock in the updated Virgin.
While preparing to leave the grid his gearbox tried to select two gears at once and failed, ending his race before it had begun.
2010 Spanish Grand Prix
- 2010 Spanish Grand Prix – the complete F1 Fanatic race weekend review
- Whitmarsh: Rim failure put Hamilton out
- Hamilton denies Webber a perfect result (Spanish Grand Prix facts and stats)
- Spanish Grand Prix in pictures
- Super start helps Alguersuari to points finish (Spanish Grand Prix analysis)
- Spanish Grand Prix fastest laps
- Webber dominates as Hamilton crashes out of second
- Spanish Grand Prix result
- Championship points after Spain
- Rate the race – Spain
Promoted content from around the web | Become an F1 Fanatic Supporter to hide this ad and others