F1 2010 for PS3, PC and Xbox orders open

F1 2010 – the official Formula 1 game from Codemasters – is now available to order for PS3, Xbox 360 and PC formats.

The first official F1 game in four years goes on sale on September 24th. It will feature all the teams, tracks and drivers from the 2010 F1 season.

Retail prices are ??35 for PC, ??50 for PS3 and Xbox 360. You can pre-order the title from Amazon using the following links:

Buy Formula 1 2010 for PS3
Buy Formula 1 2010 for Xbox 360
Buy Formula 1 2010 for PC DVD

I played an early version of the game two months ago – here’s what I thought of it: ??F1 2010??? ?ǣ first play (Pictures & video)

Are you going to buy F1 2010? Have your say in the comments.

F1 Fanatic earns a commission on products sold via the links to our affiliate partners above, however you are not charged any extra. See here for more information.

71 comments on F1 2010 for PS3, PC and Xbox orders open

1 2 3
  1. Cube said on 12th May 2010, 14:44

It’s cheaper on Game.co.uk by the way…

• Calum said on 12th May 2010, 14:48

Yeah but if you buy from Amazon you are donating to this website, Amazon give them a share of profit.

• Tom Moitie said on 13th May 2010, 23:40

I can’t believe how expensive this is. CODMW2 was £45 on Amazon, with a RRP of £55

2. Glenn said on 12th May 2010, 14:53

Looking at the preview pics, there is a Brawn car, and the design of the cars looks like 2009 cars.

Do you know if this was preliminary or will the cars be based on 2009 designs?

• Calum said on 12th May 2010, 14:57

The final version WILL be of the 2010 season, so the new teams and liveries, and indeed driver lineups WILL be in the new video games.

• Prisoner Monkeys said on 12th May 2010, 15:01

The original build was 2009, but they pushed it back to 2010. It will include 2010-spec cars.

3. The game is based on the 2010 season

4. Bertie said on 12th May 2010, 15:14

It really sucks that the season will be bascially over by the time they release it assuming it is on schedule. I wouldn’t be surprised if this becomes f1 2011. I cant remember when a game was actually released when it was intended.

• Icthyes said on 12th May 2010, 15:48

It does seem kind of silly. I remember getting F1 1998* for the 1998 season, not after it.

In today’s gaming world, where there are patches and updates galore, why not release the game before the season starts and constantly update it to reflect the performances of the cars in the real world?

*and I loved it, so :-P to the haters!

• ajokay said on 12th May 2010, 16:20

F1’97 > F1’98

And you know it.

• Invoke said on 12th May 2010, 18:52

The Fifa series includes a season long dynamic player rating system, that updates players ratings, injuries etc as the season progresses along with the real life season. I’m not sure exactly how it works, but I could see a similar system being implemented in the future for F1 games.

Expect to pay for this privilege however, developers are starting to charge for multiplayer and other online ‘enhancements’ outside the initial cost of buying the game! :(

• slr said on 12th May 2010, 19:12

With FIFA, you can get live player ratings free for one league of your choosing. And then you have to pay for the other leagues avaliable, if you choose.

I don’t see Codemasters using a similar system for F1 2010. But I think each driver will have certain rating for certain tracks and scenarios.

• Mike said on 13th May 2010, 7:14

The Problem is, By waiting, they can see the comparative performance of the cars, what issues become important to f1 (like “dirty air”) and even how the cars are perceived to handle (We all think the Red Bull has a lot of grip, true or not).

On the other hand, patches, become very inconvenient for some people, maybe you can deal with a 2 gig download to totally revise all the cars graphics, sounds and characteristics, but I can’t!

5. Woofa said on 12th May 2010, 15:18

Who’s going to sell the add-ons that let you activate your f-duct with your hand / knee? :)

• Mike said on 13th May 2010, 7:22

Maybe it bodes badly for F1 organisers when the casual fans start suggesting things like “It would make more sense to save the money and just make it a button on your wheel.”

• dsob said on 14th May 2010, 6:33

Okay, I can see buying the add-ons like steering wheels and pedals. But the F-Duct…we’d be buying a hole … ?

6. GeeMac said on 12th May 2010, 15:27

September 24th… that’s a few days after my brithday. I’d better start dropping hints to my friends and family!

7. Dafizzner said on 12th May 2010, 15:53

YES! I cant wait. I currently race on my computer using rfactor which is pretty cool. If your not familiar with rfactor, it’s a racing simulation game. I suggest you check it out…it’s really awesome. So many cars and tracks you can download (for free). Not the greatest graphics, but so much diversity in racing – http://www.rfactor.nethttp://www.rfactorcentral.com – either way I’m super excited for the new F1 2010 game, it looks amazing!

• Owl said on 12th May 2010, 18:49

rFactor is ofcourse based off F1 2002, (the last F1 game for PC ever made, and hence the bog standard graphics). Currently playing F1RFT 2010, my favourite track is Kyalami from 1979, great to be able to play great tracks from the past…

• Dafizzner said on 13th May 2010, 15:42

how is F1RFT 2010? I’ve been running WCP 09 while waiting for WCP 2010. Kyalami is a great track! I haven’t downloaded the older track, but I have the newer version (i think) from the 90’s, which is a lot of fun. It’s great being able to run any car on any track :)

8. Sush Meerkat said on 12th May 2010, 15:54

I very much doubt I will be buying this game, I love F1 and I’m huge game nerd but mixing those sort of hobbies usually doesn’t work. An F1 game can be as accurate as it can be but it wont be accurate enough, gaming skills and or easy coded game engine can overcome something so trivial as a burst tyre… I can pretty much garantee going into the gravel in the game wont damage the chassis.

I do love both forms of entertainment but I wont be buying, I like pizza and I like ice cream, but I would never mix them.

Saying that, as a teen F1 games did help me understand the tracks a little more, they just felt shallow.

9. ajokay said on 12th May 2010, 16:24

I should think I’ll be buying, but I highly doubt I’ll pre-order.

I really wonder how much scope there is for DLC for this title. I mean, they (Codies) could be nice and patch cars and tracks from 2011, but I suspect they shan’t. In fact, i think I remember from an interview that they won’t be.

It’ll be a FIFA-style yearly update. Same game minor tweaks, another £40 spent. The game is looking like it’ll shape up well though.

• Sush Meerkat said on 12th May 2010, 17:00

The licence cost 200 million, I very much doubt it’ll be free DLC.

Especially not on the PS3, since any content downloaded Sony charge something like 3 pounds to the publisher for every GB of data.

So if they put out a 1GB new car and updates pack and 10 thousand people download it, Sony would charge Codies £30,000

The figures aren’t exact, its something like 3.65 dollars, but its there abouts.

OH MY GOD I’M A HUGE GEEK!, why the hell do I know this?

• ajokay said on 12th May 2010, 17:23

There there, being a geek is fine. us geeks have to stick together. And yes, I know there won’t be any free DLC, although I never stated that any DLC would be free, I’d expect them to charge something for it. Are you sure the licence from cost Codies 200 million?… that seems like an incredibly huge amount of money for a video game licence.

• Sush Meerkat said on 12th May 2010, 17:55

Yeah I’m pretty sure its one of those huge figures, but its for several years worth of games.

Microsoft paid 75million for GTA4 to be on the Xbox including first dibs on DLC so 200million for a couple of years of F1 isn’t a huge stretch for the imagination considering Bernie’s normally sky high prices.

• Keith Collantine (@keithcollantine) said on 12th May 2010, 18:28

I never knew that about the DLC. What a terrible arrangement.

Presumably Xbox game developers face a similar kind of charge, but not PC developers I assume?

• PC gamers generally recieve similar extra content for free, as there isn’t the same subscription system for PC gaming as there is for Xbox Live or PSN (although PSN is free, extra content usually isn’t).

Although there’s always the possibility of F12010 being released on Steam for PC, are they will be able to charge fo DLC through that.

• Sush Meerkat said on 12th May 2010, 18:52

To Keith, no Xbox devs don’t get charged because the online service is charged to the user (thats me and you) not the developer, Microsoft gets money on everything anyway.

Sony’s arrangement is the the user gets things for free providing the developer pays for the bandwith Sony paid for in the first place.

When it came to the glory days of PC’s devs paid millions in up keep of servers that run the downloads and the running of games.

So your right, PC devs don’t pay anyone for a bandwith charge, but they do however pay for new servers and general maintenance of servers…. which is costly.

• Tobitron said on 12th May 2010, 20:26

There will be no DLC for F1 2010.

• MarkC said on 13th May 2010, 2:15

DLC = downloadable content? or some other TLA? (three letter acronym, FYI) THB IMO people should explain the TLA if there’s scope for ambiguity!
      LOL
      yes me = hypocrite

10. Bien said on 12th May 2010, 17:21

Shame, I just checked US Amazon and there’s no pre-order for this at all. Not that I’d actually pre-order it but I wish we had the same coverage.

• Scalextric said on 12th May 2010, 22:40

Everyone (even in the UK) please nicely could you search for this game on US amazon.com a few dozen times so they get the hint? Maybe we’ll get a pre-order in time for my birthday… Thanks ever so much.

11. Tom Watson said on 12th May 2010, 17:22

The Amazon pre order price will probably go down and it doesn’t matter how much you pre order it for, you will pay the price of the game on it’s release. So if you pre order now for 39.99 and on the 24th it’s 34.99 you will get a 5.00 refund, that coupled with the donation the site will get, an Amazon pre order is well worth it.

12. Younger Hamilton said on 12th May 2010, 18:19

Once when it comes out im buying it on PS3 i hope its gonna be a experience and a game i’ll never get bored of and never forget

13. Mike said on 12th May 2010, 18:20

No US pre-sale? booo

• Nick said on 13th May 2010, 1:05

As long as the pre-order is before the release date, it doesn’t really matter. :)

Keith – any referral links for the US Amazon.com so we can help you out?

14. DaveW said on 12th May 2010, 18:41

Does anyone know (or care) when this will come out in a U.S. format?

15. sato113 said on 12th May 2010, 19:13

i can imagine you’ll need a super computer to play it on the PC. :(

1 2 3