Rate the race: Monaco

What did you think of the Monaco Grand Prix? Rate the race out of ten and leave a comment below:

Rate the 2010 Monaco Grand Prix out of ten

• 1 (4%)
  • 2 (4%)
  • 3 (6%)
  • 4 (7%)
  • 5 (10%)
  • 6 (18%)
  • 7 (22%)
  • 8 (16%)
  • 9 (6%)
  • 10 (7%)

Total Voters: 2,249

Loading ... Loading ...

1 = ‘Terrible’, 10 = ‘Perfect’

See the results for past seasons here:

2010 Monaco Grand Prix

Browse all 2010 Monaco Grand Prix articles

133 comments on Rate the race: Monaco

1. sid said on 16th May 2010, 21:23

Monaco is not the most tv-viewer friendly race. It perhaps is one of the most exciting tracks to drive on.
    4-7 is an ideal rating i guess….

I rated it 4 because there was no strategy available to the drivers to challenge the guys ahead…other than just anticipating a safety car period…

2. Electrolite said on 16th May 2010, 21:45

I even enjoy the most boring of F1 races, because I love F1.

Gave this a 7, looking more at the weekend as whole, admittedly.

3. Tazman said on 16th May 2010, 22:35

I think the Monaco Race track should make some changes for the new and improved formula1 cars, the fact that it is a tradition for been the elite and must important race of the season, it should be the best track as well… and it isn’t, it should have on some portions of the track wider so the drivers can do their over taking more often and if there is a heavy crash the race is practically over just like we saw today following a SC for 3 laps, if the crash would have been 5 laps earlier we would of seen the SC for easily 7 laps.

4. Tazman said on 16th May 2010, 22:52

Lewis Hamilton need to jump out his high horse…the kid need to respond to his Pit crew mechanic like a driver not like a spoiled child;
    The way he responded today to his pit crew man during the race…that is not acceptable, no matter what is the situation: if the kid is getting valuable information on the radio about the wear and tear of the brakes, he should answer….”Ok, Tank you” or “I will keep that in mind”. The kid thinks he is the best, he is very wrong….he has not seen anything yet.

5. TMAX said on 16th May 2010, 23:02

I am watching F1 for last 20 years or so. So I am able to sustain this procession through my sheer love for the sport.

How can a race like today’s attract any future fans in F1 ? I mean How will somebody watch Today’s race and believe that Monaco is the Jewel in the crown of F1 and the most sensational racing of the year.

I mean. I dont want to keep complaining about the same thing over and over again. But I am also starting to believe that the drivers are also losing their competitive spirit after driving a few races like this. Soon they and new comer fans will start asking questions like “IS OVERTAKING LEGAL IN FORMULA 1″ Somebody will have to have a very good explanation for that.

So what was the only and the celebrated overtaking of the Most celebrated F1 race of the calender ? Alonso Overtaking Trulli or Virgin ?

6. I gave it an 8. I thought it was a great race, although I may have my webber-rose-tinted glasses on. But there was plenty of action all throughout the race, and some great drives. I wonder why though, they didn’t just red flag the race after the Trulli/Chandhok crash?

7. Adaniel said on 17th May 2010, 2:52

Monaco isn’t just a race; it is F1 Tradition.
    I have been watching F1 for a while now – 20years plus.
    Monaco has always bean a procession, and for many of those earlier years of watching i have stated that it should be abandoned and switched it to another track. But recently i have come to love the race for a different reason. Monaco is now “the” demonstration of the Ultimate skill and bravery of an F1 driver. Watching the Qualifing laps of Kubica was absolute joy! I would have loved to see Webber’s fastest quali lap!
    Thank God Monaco is Tradition because its the only way they can get by the “nanny” “Safety” people.

• Soumya Banerjee said on 17th May 2010, 8:59

Have you ever seen races getting completely decided at qualifying in your lengthy 20 yrs experience? Seriously there’s no place in the calendar for a Catalunya or a Monaco or a Budapest. And with no refueling the strategy element is completely absent.

• Adaniel said on 17th May 2010, 12:38

No – I agree that the current format is the worst i have seen it!.
        There are lots of ways F1 could be improved, but you can say that about the entire season.
        There must be another thread for what is wrong with F1 rules and format.
        Quite frankly, this season, Monaco will be one of the most exciting dry races we see!

Monaco was always impossible to pass, but it used to be an exception not the norm.

8. Adam said on 17th May 2010, 7:19

Did anyone else saw Massa crossing the yellow line when exciting the pits? Is’nt that a reason for penalty?

9. dragon said on 17th May 2010, 8:42

Prisoner Monkey, I have no idea what you find wrong with the Australian coverage. Of course Rusty gets excited these days when talking about Webber – he’s an Aussie, what the hell do you expect? Just like for a time when James Allen was obsessed with Hamilton and I’m sure Spanish coverages obsess over Alonso. F1 is a fiercely patriotic sport, and to have an Aussie do so well in a European dominated sport is enough to instil a massive sense of pride in any aussie motorsport fan. And McConville was excellent in his commentary stint.

What I’m finding irritating at the moment is Legard’s tendency to override Brundle with updates that we figured out several laps ago, and the horribly coverage we’ve had to put up with so far, the most criminal being omitting BOTH of Webber’s pole laps.

• Keith Collantine (@keithcollantine) said on 17th May 2010, 8:50

Just like for a time when James Allen was obsessed with Hamilton and I’m sure Spanish coverages obsess over Alonso. F1 is a fiercely patriotic sport.

Not everyone sees it that way. Frankly I’m glad to be rid of ITV’s horribly partisan coverage.

• Soumya Banerjee said on 17th May 2010, 9:03

I am praying that Bridgestone makes its tyre compounds less durable. Otherwise all races will be decided at qualifying and the first corner itself. Even Red Bull seem to have overcome their reliability gremlins.
        For me who has been watching the sport for over 5 seasons now(i know not a very long period) the best season was 2008.

10. wasiF1 said on 17th May 2010, 9:12

I voted 5, it was a good race but not too much on track action other than the fact that there were 4 safety car period.