Mark Webber repeated his domination of the Spanish Grand Prix at Monaco – but once again one driver stopped him from achieving a perfect result.
This time his team mate was the spoiler – Sebastian Vettel beat Webber to the fastest lap of the race.
However Webber led every lap of the Monaco Grand Prix, meaning no-one else has led a race since Jenson Button won in China.
The last time a driver led every lap of two consecutive races was in 2005. The driver was Kimi R?â?ñikk?â?Ânen – and he achieved the feat at the same two race Webber did.
Webber’s fourth win was his first back-to-back victory, and it puts him level with Dan Gurney, Bruce McLaren and Eddie Irvine on total wins.
He also scored his fourth pole position, matching Mike Hawthorn, Didier Pironi, Jarno Trulli and Giancarlo Fisichella.
To cap it all, Webber now leads the championship for the first time in his career, albeit in a points tie with Vettel.
Vettel’s fourth fastest lap gives him as many as Jo Siffert, Jean-Pierre Beltoise, Patrick Depailler and Jean Alesi.
The ninth victory for Red Bull puts them in a tie for 12th place on the list of most successful constructors. Mercedes, Maserati, Vanwall, Matra and Ligier also scored nine wins – though of those only Mercedes are likely to add to their tally for the foreseeable future.
Button’s retirement bring his run of ten consecutive finish in the points to an end. That leaves just Webber and Felipe Massa the only drivers to have scored in every race this year.
Spotted any other interesting stats and facts from the Monaco Grand Prix? Post them in the comments…
2010 Monaco Grand Prix
- FIA admits “lack of clarity” and vows to change rules after Monaco controversy
- From the stands: David Entrican watches the Monaco Grand Prix at Monte-Carlo
- Schumacher’s Monaco penalty will stand after Mercedes withdraw appeal
- 2010 Monaco Grand Prix – the complete F1 Fanatic race weekend review
- Should slower cars let the front runners pass when racing for position? (Poll)
- This time Vettel denies Webber a perfect result (Monaco GP stats and facts)
- Alonso’s mammoth stint and McLaren’s smart move
- Monaco Grand Prix fastest laps
- The FIA’s badly-written rules leave Formula 1 looking stupid once again
- Monaco Grand Prix in pictures
Promoted content from around the web | Become an F1 Fanatic Supporter to hide this ad and others