Over 100 F1 Twitter accounts to follow

Championship leader Mark Webber is one of 12 active F1 drivers on Twitter

Championship leader Mark Webber is one of 12 active F1 drivers on Twitter

I’ve updated the F1 Twitter Directory which now boasts over 100 genuine F1-related Twitter accounts to follow.

Teams and drivers

As more drivers and team personnel have set up their own accounts I’ve split this section up by team to make it easier to navigate.

So far Lotus appear to have the most official Twitter accounts with eight including one driver, team owner Tony Fernandes and technical director Mike Gascoyne.

Williams have six and Virgin boast five.

Other F1 Twitter accounts

Four F1 circuits now have their own Twitter accounts and several people working for Codemasters on “F1 2010″ are on the list as well.

You can also find accounts for 17 former F1 drivers including Romain Grosjean and Juan Pablo Montoya.

Other championships

As so many GP2 drivers end up in F1 I thought it made sense to include all the accounts I could find for F1′s leading feeder series as well.

A recent article on IndyCars here showed we have quite a few reader who follow that category, and as it often features ex-F1 drivers I’ve included a list of IndyCar accounts too.

F1 Fanatics on Twitter

I’d like to add a list for F1 Fanatic readers next, so if you’ve got a Twitter account and would like to share it with the rest of us please post details below and I’ll add an F1 Fanatics list to the directory soon.

Check out the F1 Twitter Directory now!

47 comments on Over 100 F1 Twitter accounts to follow

1 2 3
  1. vettelfan said on 20th May 2010, 8:39

I’ve been waiting for this, now I’ve finallyyyy set up my twitter.

@rachelwatkinson

And by the way Keith, you’ve got a great list going, keep it up :D

2. I’m on twitter (click my username above) but I’m not saying much at the moment, mostly just the odd reply to other tweets, as a bit busy with work and home stuff at the mo. I used to tweet news items but realised I was just regurgitating stuff so a bit pointless for me really. My own opinions will be coming soon though. I mostly follow a lot of the F1 accounts above and the F1 media stuff, but I’m becoming more interested in fans opinions too.

Otherwise, I follow MotoGP, American Football, and Science accounts… and mostly tweet from my Google Android phone, an HTC Hero.

ps. Gone through a few name changes too, but I think I’ll be sticking with this one.

3. steph said on 20th May 2010, 9:05

Love these twitter pieces; they’re very handy!
    I’m on @stephfarnsworth

4. @mattclinch

all things F1, design and visualisation based.

5. Mine is @f1givesyouwings ! A bit of Red Bull bias though :)

6. Damon said on 20th May 2010, 9:50

Am I the only one who finds this Twitter-mania totaly ridiculous and mostly useless?
    I’m a huge racing fan, but why would I care for what Mark Webber tweets about? (or any other driver) Seriously.

Webber: “In Nice now, just about to hit the hay,in position to try and get to Uk tomorrow”

Hahha, come on, who cares?

• Keith Collantine (@keithcollantine) said on 20th May 2010, 9:59

There is a fair bit of dross on some accounts, but you can get some excellent insights from it as well. After Monaco Chandhok was Tweeting about his crash, and there was an interesting exchange between Adam Cooper and Rubens Barrichello – Cooper was showing Barrichello photographs of his accident site and trying to get a handle on whether the drain cover might have contributed to it.

• Have to completely agree with Keith here, you can get some fantastic insights, and very up to the minute news as well, that you might not be party to for a good few days if you just read the websites (f1fanatic.co.uk excluded… as its pretty awesome for fast news)… also allows for some good banter between like minded fans.

7. @runoffarea is me. Follow for the F1 news too false to be published elsewhere! (Except Planet-F1, obviously).

• already a huuuge fan of your blog and follower on twitter.

• Spud said on 20th May 2010, 20:02

Huge fan of yours Andy!

I’m almost always laughing on my own since nobody in my house watches F1, except for me.

Some of the things could learn a thing or two by reading your blog (Really they could!)

Your site and F1 Fanatic are my two most visited sites and I mean that in the least stalker-ish way possible! :P

8. DanThorn said on 20th May 2010, 10:09

I’m @Dan_Thorn. Perhaps I should have been more original but hey-ho! I don’t tweet that often but when I do it’s usually something to do with F1, motorsport in general or the terrible standard of drivers in Weston-super-Mare.

9. cmike_f1 said on 20th May 2010, 10:18

This is great Keith. Would be interesting to see all the updates n opinion from all the F1 Fanatic fans. This is my details : cmike_f1

Thanks.
    Cheers !

10. Oli said on 20th May 2010, 10:49

@mcmercslr is the place to go!

11. Nathan Bradley said on 20th May 2010, 10:58

@nathancabopino

Although I don’t tweet a lot, mostly just follow.

Drop me a message if you want to talk F1!

Great directory Keith :)

Nathan

12. Peter Cackett said on 20th May 2010, 11:22

@petercackett

Don’t really post much, more a follower of anything Motorsport related :) .

Cheers

Peter

13. GeeMac said on 20th May 2010, 11:23

I use twitter solely for F1 purposes… and it’s awesome! I love the behind the scenes pictures that the teams put up, and seeing what the drivers get up to in their spare time.

@GMcDougall1984

14. JamesC1991 said on 20th May 2010, 11:38

@IrishKimiFan is my username
    pretty much tweet on all motorsports

15. Guilherme Teixeira said on 20th May 2010, 12:09

Ok Keith, you gave me enough reason to create a Twitter account…

What a pain it was to find a username though! Had to go with @Guilherme_Mach

1 2 3