Make your Turkish Grand Prix predictions now to win great F1 prizes

Felipe Massa has won this race three times before - can he do it again?

Felipe Massa has won this race three times before - can he do it again?

Can you predict the pole sitter and the top five finishers in the Turkish Grand Prix?

We’ve got F1 DVDs and paintings to be won this weekend – and the overall winner of this year Predictions’ Championship will be going to the British Grand Prix.

Enter your predictions here now.

The prizes

This year we’re giving away a pair of prizes every race weekend.

On top of that at the end of the year the top 12 finishers all get prizes – and whoever scores the highest overall will be going to the 2011 British Grand Prix. Here are the prizes in full:

Grand prize: Two grandstands tickets to the 2011 British Grand Prix

The person who scores the most points in the 2010 F1 Fanatic Predictions Championship will win grandstand tickets to the 2011 British Grand Prix at Silverstone.

This is the first time we’ve offered F1 race tickets as a prize at F1 Fanatic and I hope you all agree it’s a fitting reward for the F1 expert who can best predict who will be on top in 2010.

The grand prize winner will receive tickets to all three days of the 2011 British Grand Prix with reserved grandstand seating for the race.

Second place prize: An F1 painting of your choice

The second place finisher in the championship will win an F1 painting by Rob Ijbema.

You get to choose which F1 driver, present or past, will feature in the painting. Or you can pick one of the other motor racing paintings on Rob’s site Car-a-day.

autocourse2009_104

Runners-up prizes: Autocourse 2010-2011

The ten players who finish in third to 12th positions in the championship will win a copy of the 2010-2011 edition of Autocourse.

The highly respected journal of Formula 1 and other major international four-wheeled racing series is published at the end of every season.

This year the publication marks its 60th anniversary edition.

NB. 2009 edition cover used for illustration

Race winners prize: The Lotus Story DVD Box Set

Duke Video are supplying the prize for the player who gets the highest score in each round.

With the Lotus name returning to F1 in 2010 what better prize than a DVD box set showing the history of this great team. This four-disc set “The Lotus Story” chronicles Lotus’s participation in F1 from the company’s beginning in 1948 up to its F1 withdrawal in 1994.

Duke are also offering a special promotion exclusive to all F1 Fanatic readers – whenever you order from them you can get 15% off using the promotional code F1Fanatic at the checkout.

Race runners-up prize: F1 race winner print

The second place finisher in each race will win a 40x35cm print of the race winner

This prize is supplied by Motorsport in Print.

How to enter

Entries will open in the week before every race. You have until the start of free practice three on Saturday to make your predictions.

You can post your predictions for the first race now below or wait until nearer the deadline. A reminder will be posted on the site after free practice two on Friday.

Each player may predict the pole sitter, the pole position lap time and the top five finishers in the race. See below for the rules in full.

Enter your pole position lap time prediction in the following format: MM:SS.ccc – e.g. for a lap of one minute, 25.386 seconds enter 01:25.386

Please try to pick an original and distinctive user name – something a bit more descriptive than just a first name and use the same name for every race you enter.

Entry for F1 Fanatic Predictions Championship 2010
No races available in this championship.
Race:
Pole
Position 1
Position 2
Position 3
Position 4
Position 5
Name:
Email:

Competition terms and conditions

1. Maximum one entry per household.
2. The competition is not open to employees, friends or family of F1 Fanatic, Silverstone Circuit, Duke Video, Motorsport in Print, Car-a-Day or Icon Publishing Ltd.
3. Predictions will open up to one week before the start of final practice on the Saturday of a Grand Prix weekend and will be promoted on the front page of F1 Fanatic before closing prior to the start of final practice.
4. In each round players are invited to predict (a) who will be on pole position and (b) what the top five finishers will be (five different drivers).
5. Players accumulate points in each round as follows:
a. Correctly naming the pole sitter: 2 points
b. Correctly naming one/two/three/four/five driver/s who finish in the top five: 1/2/3/5/8 points
c. Correctly predicting where one/two/three/four/five driver/s finish: 2/6/14/24/40 points
6. Whoever scores the most points over the 19 races from round one (Bahrain) to 19 (Abu Dhabi) wins the grand prize.
7. In the event of a tie on points the winner will be determined by who came closest to predicting the pole position time correctly. If that fails to produce a winner the editor will choose a means of deciding who has won.
8. Predictions must be entered using the form below. If you have trouble submitting your entry via the form please email competition@f1fanatic.co.uk
9. Once a prediction has been made it cannot be altered.
10. In the event of a dispute the editor?s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
11. No cash alternative is offered for any of the prizes.
12. Grand Prix tickets: Children must be accompanied by an adult. Accommodation and transport to the venue not included. Event date TBC.
13. Players who have won prizes will be notified by email within seven days of each Grand Prix. Lotus DVDs and F1 paintings will be despatched within 28 days of that email being sent. Grand Prix tickets will be despatched once they are available. Autocourse books will be despatched once they are published.

Don’t miss a single round of the F1 Fanatic Predictions Championship. Subscribe to F1 Fanatic using RSS, email or Twitter: Click here for more information.

34 comments on Make your Turkish Grand Prix predictions now to win great F1 prizes

1. steph said on 28th May 2010, 13:20

Same as all season really – I don’t have a clue.

• Damon said on 28th May 2010, 13:38

Indeed.
      McLaren’s consistency, Red Bull’s reliability, Ferrari’s pace etc.
      It’s all roulette!

• Jason said on 28th May 2010, 14:05

Red Bull’s unreliability you mean…, or were you been sarcastic?

Read up on the last moments of free practice if you weren’t.

• Damon said on 28th May 2010, 14:09

o_O
          “Red Bull’s reliability is an issue”

Whether I say reliability or unreliability, the sentence pretty much means the same, right.

• steph said on 28th May 2010, 15:48

Reliability/unreliability (whichever you two want to say but both are fine;) ) definitely is an issue esp as soon as I put Webber for pole 30 seconds later his engine died. Hopefully that isn’t a sign and I’m not actually cursing every driver I predict!

• Sush Meerkat said on 28th May 2010, 20:16

STOP IT! you people just gave me a headache!

Erm erm Fafflesauce!.

• George said on 28th May 2010, 23:25

I think you’d have to be brave to go for a non-red bull pole, as for the race…well it’s going to be dry so I stuck to an RB 1-2 (hope the race doesn’t turn out to be that dull though).

2. Dean Yamasaki said on 28th May 2010, 16:57

I put 1:17 as my pole winning lap time! What track was I thinking of? LOL

• wasiF1 said on 28th May 2010, 17:03

Monza may be (Your comment was a bit too short.)

• Hamish said on 29th May 2010, 1:25

1:17 on Monza if you took out the first chicane. Thats more a Hungaroring time. Dean if you thinking your picks were off look at f1ace:

F1Ace 00:59.809 SEN CHA SEN GLO SUT ROS

• Mike said on 29th May 2010, 5:40

If he ends up getting that all right, I suspect he just may rub it in everyone else’s face……

the only one that is impossible, is the time, Unless the FIA decide Sunday morning that rockets are allowed and HRT just happens to have one handy….. as you would.

• Dean Yamasaki said on 30th May 2010, 3:26

LOL, that would be too obvious. I’m thinking of sneaking the rockets into Heikki’s car.

• HounslowBusGarage said on 28th May 2010, 20:45

I wouldn’t worry. There are two people predicting 01:33’s. Maybe they think it’s going to rain.

3. Calum said on 28th May 2010, 17:02

What are the chances of Webber’s car getting fixed, and will he get a grid penalty if he changes his engine tonight?

• PJA said on 28th May 2010, 17:16

The engine was almost at the end of its scheduled life and was due to be replaced after the session anyway so I don’t think it will be a problem.

• Damon said on 28th May 2010, 17:38

He won’t get a grid penalty. They can change their engines as much as they want.
      It is only after the qualifyung session that they cannot do any changes to the car.

• Sush Meerkat said on 28th May 2010, 20:28

Sadly Damon you are slightly wrong on that count, they have a limited amount of Engines over the season. A blown engine if it was new is still a blown engine during Free Practise, still you are correct in a way since the engine they were using was old, so no penalty.

So if they blew all there engine allocations during free practise then yes, grid penalty.

• Damon said on 28th May 2010, 23:53

No no, Sush :)
          I said: “They can change their engines as much as they want.”
          I didn’t say: “They can change as many engines as they want.”
          Big difference. They could change between two engines back and forth, if they wanted to (if one of them didn’t blow up, obviously).
          Right?

4. Kris said on 28th May 2010, 18:52

Grrr – seem to have put Buemi for pole! must have scrolled with it selected!!!! was meant to be Vettel….

• glue said on 28th May 2010, 20:49

who knows, you might have hit a jackpot with that..incurable optimism regarding something unpredictable

5. I’ve got no chance in the overall standings, so I’m just going to go with something a bit obscure and try and get some ok race results…

6. GQsm said on 28th May 2010, 22:08

Noticed someone had put Senna for pole and then Sutil to win it. I wonder what odds he would get at the bookies.

Also noticed even though Web was quicker than Vet today and has won the last two races from pole, that most are still putting Vet for pole and win. Guess that the consensus is that Vet is just plain quicker but I’m not so sure now Web has found his mojo. His performance last week was just superior to Vet. Lets see shall we.

7. paulkebab said on 28th May 2010, 23:03

I know its not just me, Ive been trying almost a day to post my prediction for Turkey but all Im getting an option on is which race to predict on, and thats it, Ive deleted temp internet files cookies etc but still nothing.. help!

• joe said on 29th May 2010, 0:31

I could not help going for the VET VET combo again. It’s not happened yet but I thought that if I changed my predictiont It would probally be a Vet Vet weekend and I’d cry

8. opps. i meant 01:26.800 instead of 01:16.800
    anyway that i could change it? =P

9. Armin Sher said on 29th May 2010, 0:23

Whose going to Austin for GP?

10. qazuhb said on 29th May 2010, 0:46

My prediction was very similar to the vrz one. I’ll take first prize but you will get second, mate!

11. rmac923 said on 29th May 2010, 1:27

Wow, we’re all so original in our picks! :)

12. OEL said on 29th May 2010, 10:12

Is it too late now?

13. Kieren Reffell said on 29th May 2010, 10:44

Hey Keith…
    Would you please add my prediction to the list i couldn’t get on yesterday to do it as my internet was down

Pole: Webber – 1:26:325
    1st: Button
    2nd: Webber
    3rd: Hamilton
    4th: Alonso
    5th: Vettel

14. verstappen said on 29th May 2010, 11:20

Oh no!
    I was already major midfield, but now I forgot to add my prediction!
    Hope I can come back in the rest of the season…

15. MacLeod said on 29th May 2010, 13:21

I hated my provider i missed this turn of the compition. bad time to lose internet while having only 5 hours left…
    Internet just came back grr..

Btw my unoffical predittion was:
    Hamilton for Pole