HRT out-qualified a rival team on merit for the first time at Istanbul this weekend – though it was partly thanks to Lucas di Grassi suffering a technical problem.
The Virgin driver revealed on Twitter he had “massive engine problems” during qualifying.
He lines up 23rd for tomorrow’s race behind Bruno Senna in one HRT and Karun Chandhok in the other.
Team mate Timo Glock starts 21st behind the two Lotuses.
2010 Turkish Grand Prix
- Hamilton’s engineer got it wrong over Button pass, Whitmarsh admits
- Technical review: Turkish Grand Prix
- McLaren told Hamilton Button wouldn’t pass him during the Turkish Grand Prix
- Hamilton praises “incredible development”
- ‘It won’t happen again’ – Webber
- Kobayashi: ‘Q3 means more than a point’
- A brilliant race in Turkey shows F1 is on the right track (Making F1 better)
- Horner blames both drivers for crash
- Renault aiming to beat Mercedes
- 2010 Turkish Grand Prix – the complete F1 Fanatic race weekend review