Rate the race: Turkey

What did you think of the Turkish Grand Prix? Rate the race and leave a comment below:

Rate the 2010 Turkish Grand Prix out of ten

• 1 (1%)
  • 2 (1%)
  • 3 (1%)
  • 4 (1%)
  • 5 (3%)
  • 6 (6%)
  • 7 (16%)
  • 8 (32%)
  • 9 (25%)
  • 10 (14%)

Total Voters: 2,885

Loading ... Loading ...

1 = ‘Terrible’, 10 = ‘Perfect’

See the results for past seasons here:

2010 Turkish Grand Prix

Browse all 2010 Turkish Grand Prix articles

125 comments on Rate the race: Turkey

1. gwenouille said on 30th May 2010, 14:54

It will be 7 for me.
    Mice McLarens drives, Too bad RedBull self-destructed.
    It would have been 8 or 9 if Mercedes, Renault and Ferrari had mixed in the fight.

I quite like the track in fact.

2. Brawn said on 30th May 2010, 14:54

9 out of 10, top 4 were so close most of the way. would have been 10 out of 10 if button had top step and shuey got third :P

3. Robbie said on 30th May 2010, 14:55

Don’t understand all the negative comments. As some have said there were very tense battles for the front pretty much throughout the whole race. What’s not to love?

• lightsout said on 30th May 2010, 15:21

Yeah, I’d agree. With everyone running so close, it’d only take one mistake from someone and they guy behind them would be right on them!

4. djdaveyp said on 30th May 2010, 14:56

Awesome race loads of action. I was really excited watching the whole race. Sorry I couldn’t make it to mod this weekend keith.

• djdaveyp said on 30th May 2010, 14:58

I gave it a 10 btw, best race this season.

• Nitpicker said on 30th May 2010, 20:43

I gave it a 10 too. How many GPs have we seen in recent years where the battle for the lead was so close from start to finish?

5. Sam said on 30th May 2010, 14:58

Once vettel got to the team part of the pitwall, they all seemed to have given him the “its okay, dont do it next time” pat on the back. priceless. id be happier if alonso was leading the championship now, but gotta take what you can get.

6. Calum said on 30th May 2010, 14:58

10/10, bit of bias from the fact it was a Mclaren 1/2.
    The cheer from me when the Redbulls came together letting Lewis through.
    The disappointment from the 1st pitstop with RBR and Hamilton.
    The worry from the rain coming and the lack of fuel in the Mclarens.
    All the other scraps, manuevers and collisions throughout the grid.

And best of all, an HRT making a pass on the Virgin car

Definate 10 out of 10

7. Awesome race. Easily most exciting of the season. I voted 10.

Shame about the Red Bulls. Pretty obvious from the press conference that both Webber and Hamilton seemed to agree in their little conversation whilst Button was talking that Vettel was in the wrong. Very strong of Webber to control himself when questioned if it was Vettel’s fault. He’ll be a raging bull behind closed doors.

Hamilton versus Button was good professional racing. Good stuff.

I was liking Petrov vs Alonso that was good, and Alguersuari set the fastest lap at one point.

8. Sam said on 30th May 2010, 14:59

Whats not to love? Hmmm, well pretty much the 4 leading cars changed positions and after them there was non existent passing.

9. MouseNightshirt said on 30th May 2010, 15:01

From worst race of ’09 to one of the best races this year, big turnaround and I really hope Turkey stays on the calendar.

10. plushpile said on 30th May 2010, 15:02

Would have given it a 10 if Seb hadn’t taken Mark out

• PlushPile said on 30th May 2010, 17:10

I think the first 40 laps showed you don’t need overtaking for a good race.
      The top 4 cars being covered by less than 3 seconds, now that’s an entertaining race!!

11. matt90 said on 30th May 2010, 15:02

Jakes comment just now. ‘Nicole and Lewis can go and celebrate, however they decide to do so.’ Eddie looked like he was trying pretty hard to keep a straight face at that.

12. chaostheory said on 30th May 2010, 15:03

8 – quite exciting;
    I was mad at Vettel, and how Red Bull are unlucky this season, they should be miles away from rivals in both championships but keep loosing points in such stupid ways, but thats racing.
    McLaren vs RedBull battle at front was the highlight of this race, could be 9 or 10 if there were some battles in midfield, but there were none (except Alonso & Petrov at the end).
    And Webber for a champion, he deserved it more than Vattel.

13. Mike said on 30th May 2010, 15:04

I went 8, and I’m rather surprised because I think I was being rather nice!

It was good, close competition the whole way through, Good battles, I wouldn’t say the Webber/Vettel thing was good, it was a crash so I can’t. But it will give us something to argue over.

• Mike said on 30th May 2010, 15:24

I’ll add to my thoughts, there are two things that were not good at all.
      1) Legard, nuff said.
      2) The cars further down had next to no TV time, I for one, like to see Bruna battle with Di Grassi.

14. Bud said on 30th May 2010, 15:04

For once I’m glad I got up at 5am…:)

15. Robbie said on 30th May 2010, 15:04

Funniest part of the BBC broadcast. Jake Humphrey, having seen Nicole Scherzinger off, says, ‘there she goes with Lewis Hamilton, however they decide to celebrate.’ Oh yeah? Hahaha.

• Mike said on 30th May 2010, 15:29

Guess that was after the race… The Aus broadcasters insist on ending with an upsetting note by putting idiot Webber fan boys on instead of just copying the BBC. :(

• nik said on 30th May 2010, 16:28

I am back in Aus at the moment, no idea how you guys handle watching this coverage every race. It is driving me insane (to the point that I switched to a web feed part way through the race today). They have to *shut up* after the ad breaks and let the BBC guys do their job. Not staying with the BBC during the post-race is bad as well, as they often have great insight into the race at that point.