Rate the race: Turkey

What did you think of the Turkish Grand Prix? Rate the race and leave a comment below:

Rate the 2010 Turkish Grand Prix out of ten

• 1 (1%)
  • 2 (1%)
  • 3 (1%)
  • 4 (1%)
  • 5 (3%)
  • 6 (6%)
  • 7 (16%)
  • 8 (32%)
  • 9 (25%)
  • 10 (14%)

Total Voters: 2,885

Loading ... Loading ...

1 = ‘Terrible’, 10 = ‘Perfect’

See the results for past seasons here:

2010 Turkish Grand Prix

Browse all 2010 Turkish Grand Prix articles

125 comments on Rate the race: Turkey

1. Charles Carroll said on 30th May 2010, 15:09

I gave it a 10! I loved the race. Great battles at the front, and the Petrov/Alonso scrap was great too! Good job by the Russian rookie fighting for his spot.

I also don’t see anything wrong with the Webber/Vettel battle or the Button/Hamilton battle, as this is racing and I think the races are much more exciting when everyone is trying to win, rather than being conservative and just trying to get points. Maybe that is the aggressive American in me, but I love tough competition with high risks and high rewards.

Its about winning, and that is what makes the “show” much better. Its a 10!

2. Sam said on 30th May 2010, 15:09

LOL i didnt catch the latter part of that commentary. How about webber? This is a guy that i hated last year and picked vettel over any day? My perspective on vettel has completely changed, more like a child, for webber to keep his true feelings to himself that shows he isnt there to run his mouth, keeping it real cool. Thats a person who is worthy of a championship. Redbull keep shooting themselves in the foot every round, and its just keeping ferrari and mclaren within reach.

3. matt88 said on 30th May 2010, 15:11

Maybe at the end of the year we’ll call this race the turning point of the championship. We have had all we were expecting sometime this season, the war declaration between Vettel and Webber and McLaren’s Button and Hamilton. They could say to the media that everything’s okay (as Massa did after Shangai), but this isn’t true.

Then, McLaren’s chase to Red Bulls has just started, today they were constantly competitive and got, also thanks to Vettel’s kamikaze move, a deserved victory.

We’ll see whether Ferrari can do the same or not in the next few races, a new set of improvements is expected in Valencia. At the moment, however, the championship is a battle between Red Bulls and McLarens.

• wasiF1 said on 31st May 2010, 9:28

‘ Maybe at the end of the year we’ll call this race the turning point of the championship’

You are right, it seems like Mclaren are the team that can beat the Red Bulls.

4. Johnny Bravo said on 30th May 2010, 15:25

Woo, made it through a race for once, parents fell asleep. Are there any plans for the future to help the cars slip stream? Because even though they were close and you were at least able to entertain the idea of passing there were in effect only 2 moves, one rather catastrophic…Good times, all weekends should be like this. 5

5. Mountain Man said on 30th May 2010, 15:27

Very enjoyable. Thought it was going to be a procession.
    But on the edge of my seat from the Red Bull clash to the Lewis & Jensen duel to the…Will they make it to the end before they run out of fuel…… gave it an 8

6. sato113 said on 30th May 2010, 15:34

wow, amazing stuff. I gave it a 9 since a 10 is something else. the track lended itself to so much action. just look at the brilliant battle between HAM and BUT.

7. Byron R said on 30th May 2010, 15:34

That was a very good race. Schumacher almost on the podium, but I’m sure that’s not the way Mercedes want to get three. Mercedes needs a little more pace. Ferrari going backwards.

Good job by Lewis

Did something happen at the track to make the drivers not celebrate? Like an injured spectator or flagmen?

• matt88 said on 30th May 2010, 15:51

two divorces during the race… :)

• Mike said on 30th May 2010, 16:03

The commentators, Legard, were wondering why Lewis wasn’t celebrating…. To me , I suspect that he was looking rather tired! And I don’t blame him!

• wasiF1 said on 31st May 2010, 9:33

I think Lewis knew that the victory was handed to him & I guess his clash with Button on track have something to do for not celebrating. But why won’t you. As Button’s radio said ” We pushed them & they CRACK’

8. roberttty said on 30th May 2010, 15:39

10/10

Very dramatic stuff till the very end.

and to think Lewis’s poor pitstop actually helped him to win as it allowed Vettel into 2nd place and we all know what happened later on Lap 41….

Good result for the championship. I am not supporting any team – just hoping for a tight fight till the final race.

• monsol said on 31st May 2010, 0:15

“Lewis’s poor pitstop actually helped him to win as it allowed Vettel into 2nd place and we all know what happened later on Lap 41…”

Brilliant. Hadn’t thought of it.

9. taurus said on 30th May 2010, 15:40

That was proper Formula One. 10/10.

10. curedcat said on 30th May 2010, 15:50

the same folks who are rating this race as a bit dull were probably the same ones who rated the monaco race as “quite interesting for monaco”. I mean are these guys really f1 fans or are they simply pulling legs or something .no one should have despised this race so much as to call it “dull except for vettel/webber and hamilton/button battle”.

it was a brilliant race

• Keith Collantine (@keithcollantine) said on 31st May 2010, 12:06

One thing I’ve noticed from these polls is people who give a low rating are more likely to leave comments. It’s the silent majority phenomenon.

11. Mark Hitchcock said on 30th May 2010, 16:24

Great race. Rated it 8, but thinking a bit more about it, maybe it deserved a 9.

As I said on the live blog, for much of the race the battle for the lead was very exciting despite no overtaking. The gap was opening up and closing again visibly throughout the lap and it was fascinating.
    Then came the red bull crash crash, and hamilton and button’s battle.

Once again, anyone expecting much more than that in a dry race needs to watch a different series.

12. 8/10 for me. There was tension through the whole race, which exploded twice. I can see this being a very divisive racre though – some appreciate tension like this, whreas others just want to see action.

13. Cube said on 30th May 2010, 16:45

Probably the best race to be held on a Tilke designed circuit. The best race at Turkey. It could be the last race in Turkey too.

• wasiF1 said on 31st May 2010, 5:38

I doubt that Yes there were less crowd on track but they were more than last year & one shouldn’t forget it it Bernie’s favorite track.

With that piece of action I believe that this track will be in F1 in the near future, they just need to make F1 popular in Turkey.

14. Icthyes said on 30th May 2010, 16:46

Pretty good race from the drama that unfolded – my heart was thumping like mad during the Hamilton-Button battle!

15. Mahir C said on 30th May 2010, 16:48

8/10 for me as well. I loved the tension, there was geniue racing between Mclaren and Redbull. It would have been perfect 10 if rain came down as well. From what I read in Turkish forums, it had poured with rain in places close to circuit around the halfway mark. Not the light showers teams were expecting but proper rain.