Sauber finally achieved their first double finish of 2010 – and scored their first point as well.
|Pedro de la Rosa||Kamui Kobayashi|
|Qualifying time comparison (Q2)||1’27.879 (+0.445)||1’27.434|
|Average race lap||1’32.992 (+0.005)||1’32.987|
Pedro de la Rosa
Felt the car’s balance improved as the race went on – but didn’t want to risk a tangle with his team mate:
Certainly I would have been fighting at the end if it hadn’t been my team mate in front of me. Our team needed desperately to bring both cars home and score this point. You have to be careful taking risks and this was not the time to attack and risk losing everything. It is better this point stays with us rather then going somewhere else. We finished this race being competitive and this is very good.
Pedro de la Rosa
Made it into Q3 with a lap almost half a second faster than his team mate in Q2.
Kobayashi was not as happy with his tyres at the end of the race as de la Rosa was and he was passed by Sutil again:
The car was better on the harder tyre compound, therefore we did a very short first stint on the softer ones. I pitted after ten laps and drove the rest of the race with the same set of tyres. In the end I could see from the car the canvas on the front right tyre. Therefore I started to be very careful, especially in turn 8, and that’s also the reason why I didn’t defend any harder against Adrian Sutil.
Vitaly Petrov’s tangle with Alonso promoted Kobayashi to tenth, scoring his and Sauber’s first point of 2010.
2010 Turkish Grand Prix
- Hamilton’s engineer got it wrong over Button pass, Whitmarsh admits
- Technical review: Turkish Grand Prix
- McLaren told Hamilton Button wouldn’t pass him during the Turkish Grand Prix
- Hamilton praises “incredible development”
- ‘It won’t happen again’ – Webber
- Kobayashi: ‘Q3 means more than a point’
- A brilliant race in Turkey shows F1 is on the right track (Making F1 better)
- Horner blames both drivers for crash
- Renault aiming to beat Mercedes
- 2010 Turkish Grand Prix – the complete F1 Fanatic race weekend review