‘It won’t happen again’ – Webber

The picture, taken today, which Red Bull issued along with its latest statement

The picture, taken today, which Red Bull issued along with its latest statement

Red Bull have issued another statement which the team hopes will ‘draw a line’ under the fall-out from their drivers’ collision on lap 40 of the Turkish Grand Prix.

Mark Webber Said the pair will not allow a repeat of the collision:

It?s a shame for the team, as we lost a good opportunity to win the race. It?s sport and these things can happen, but it shouldn?t have done. I feel for everyone at Red Bull, at the factory and everyone involved. Seb and I will make sure it doesn?t happen again and will continue to work openly together, no problem. We have talked enough on it now, it?s done, we?re looking ahead and I?m focused on the race in Canada next week.
Mark Webber

Vettel added he was “sorry” about the collision:

The team had got us into a great position and it wasn?t good for them what happened ?ǣ so I?m sorry for them that we lost the lead of the race. Mark and I are racers and we were racing. We are professionals and it won?t change how we will work together going forward. We have a great team and the spirit is very strong. I?m looking forward to Canada.
Sebastian Vettel

The team may be keen to move on but they can expect plenty of questions about the state of the relationship between their two drivers and what exactly happened in the run-up to the controversial collision when they next face the media at the Canadian Grand Prix weekend.

The Red Bull crash

Image (C) Red Bull/Getty images

99 comments on ‘It won’t happen again’ – Webber

1 3 4 5
  1. HG said on 4th June 2010, 2:29

Mark: “I sold my soul for this much”

Seb: “I sold mine for this, fool”

2. HG said on 4th June 2010, 2:31

Mark: “what can i say seb, my side of the garage is behind me”

Seb: “Well, my side is bigger”

3. kman said on 4th June 2010, 2:43

Vettel: I drank this much Red Bull

Webber: No kidding mate, you drive like a crazy bull.. I’m going to demand Bernie start random Red Bull testing!

4. alejandro said on 4th June 2010, 3:18

“Who is this Helmut Marko, and why is he so important?”

5. Dj xo2 said on 4th June 2010, 3:22

Question from the floor:

Reporter’ “Mark, Seb, can you please give us a physical representation of your egos?

6. Mark in Florida said on 4th June 2010, 4:37

Boy, this team needs to change their name to the Red Bull********.You have got to be kidding me.This photo is more staged than a political cover up.If some teammate had wrecked me out of first place like that. The only thing that picture would show would be Sebs new black eye. Talk about selling your soul to the Devil. Mark go ahead and stamp 666 on your forehead cause your in hell.

• Maciek said on 4th June 2010, 8:44

Geez bud, chill out – obviously it’s staged; I don’t think they’re trying to make anyone believe they just caught a moment. Webber’s not stupid – he has a legitimate chance to fighting for the championship come season’s end, it’s not like he’s going to sabotage his relationship with the team.

7. wasiF1 said on 4th June 2010, 9:14

If Red Bull to loose the Championship this year then they will be looking back to the Turkish GP & will hoped that they could have change anything on lap 40.

8. Karan said on 4th June 2010, 13:26

“I swear it was Sutil!”

9. HounslowBusGarage said on 6th June 2010, 23:12

The two drivers had to give up in their search for someone else to blame.

10. I dicovered this is a benificial and interesting publication, so I think it is very benificial and knowledgeable. Many thanks for the efforts you have made in writing this post. I am expecting the different fantastic work from you next time as well. practically your creative writing ability has inspired me.

1 3 4 5