Rate the race: Canada

What did you think of the Canadian Grand Prix? Rate the race out of ten and leave a comment below:

Rate the 2010 Canadian Grand Prix out of ten

• 1 (1%)
  • 2 (0%)
  • 3 (0%)
  • 4 (0%)
  • 5 (1%)
  • 6 (1%)
  • 7 (7%)
  • 8 (26%)
  • 9 (37%)
  • 10 (26%)

Total Voters: 3,312

Loading ... Loading ...

1 = ‘Terrible’, 10 = ‘Perfect’

See the results for past seasons here:

2010 Canadian Grand Prix

Browse all 2010 Canadian Grand Prix articles

176 comments on Rate the race: Canada

1. xtophe (@xtophe) said on 13th June 2010, 20:08

– racing was good, lots of positionswitches (overtaking and pits)

– the radio of Vettel asking what the fastest lap was, and more importantly his team’s reaction, was pretty hilarious

– MSC blocking KUB and MAS, but getting caught by BUE and LIU

2. Denis Plamodon said on 13th June 2010, 20:22

It has been a long time since I saw such an exciting Grand Prix. Maybe uncertainty is a key factor for an intriguing race, but the main reason is the fast track and the existence of few possibilities for trepassing!

3. Newnhamlea1 said on 13th June 2010, 20:27

As DC said i think this is one of the best excuses to give michelin their wish next year. I think the consensus in the paddock is leaning towards competition tyres next year as well.

4. dragon said on 13th June 2010, 20:31

Fantastic race, beautiful driving from Hamilton…but just to bring you all down a notch – in a fortnight, we’re at Valencia :P

Personally, I thought McLaren were a bit lucky not to be penalised for Hamilton’s pit release – but, I’ve not got no issue as long as they’re consistent with that ruling all season. If Webber happens to be penalised for something similar, I will absolutely lose it.

5. Chaz said on 13th June 2010, 20:34

Keith – please can you put a poll up for ‘driver of the day’ after each race as I think this will prove to be a good discussion point and hopefully possibly increase traffic to your site…

• Randy said on 13th June 2010, 21:03

How about boobies of the day. Those French Canadian girls are hot. Whats up with the boobies Keith?

6. Todfod said on 13th June 2010, 20:39

This race did not need bad weather or safety car periods to make it exciting.It wasn’t a great result for an Alonso fan as myself, but I still gave the race a 9. It was a pleasure to see Alonso and Hamilton battling around in competitive cars at the front.

Lets hope the Ferrari b spec car can keep Fernando battling with Lewis, Sebastian and Mark for race wins.

7. I gave it a 9 cause i’m saving 10 for Brazil

8. Josh said on 13th June 2010, 20:47

I gave it a 9. Fantastic race! Good to see Schumi back to his old, cheating, dirty ways again! What I want to know is who has actually rated this race below a 5? It was awesome! So good to see Canada back on the calendar!

• Todfod said on 13th June 2010, 20:58

Schumi did try to cut way too many chicanes, and push too many drivers. I was pretty thrilled to see Buemi, Liuzzi and Sutil make him look like a clown.

9. Randy said on 13th June 2010, 20:59

Gave it a six. Good first half, second half was a bit of a bore.My prediction of multiple safety cars did not come off. Too bad, might have spiced things up in the later stages.

A strange and somewhat naughty race from Herr Schumacher. Was his undertray damaged in the battle with Kubica? Slow and unpredictable, the Red Baron continues to mystify!

• Newnhamlea1 said on 13th June 2010, 21:10

If you gave that race a 6, i think you are watching the wrong sport, if that was worth a 6 i would love to see a 9 or a 10!

• Randy said on 13th June 2010, 22:07

I have been watching this sport for 30 years so I think I picked the right one. The top seven positions were predictable from about lap 40 onward. Midfield battles are fun but its not the same as the leaders fighting.

Don’t get me wrong, this was a very good exciting race, certainly the best of this season, but not an all time classic. Besides, I don’t let driver favortism affect objective analysis. I would love to see a ten as well but that would include a lead change every lap.

10. Jhonnie Siggie said on 13th June 2010, 21:11

I gave it an 8 as I didn’t see clashes among teammates. I had a high after Turkey and only gave that one a 9 so this one must be 8.

• Patrickl said on 13th June 2010, 21:14

Liuzzi and Sutil gave it a good try though

• Jhonnie Siggie said on 13th June 2010, 22:56

Yup I had forgotten about the Force India cars. I suppose I meant clashes within the top 4 teams

• Matt G (lotus fan) said on 13th June 2010, 21:18

You rate Turkey higher than Canada? To each their own i guess but I think most people would rate this race the best of the season so far. I suppose Turkey did have the shock factor with that crash but overall I found Canada the better race.

• Jhonnie Siggie said on 13th June 2010, 22:59

I was in awe after Turkey. It took almost 2 weeks for us to get a good picture of what really happened. So I rate it higher than Canada. This could be because of the shock factor as you pointed out.

• Maciek said on 14th June 2010, 9:42

I rate Turkey higher than Canada – it’s not the sheer number of lead changes that makes a race for me, especially when it’s basically a tire lottery. The second half of the race was more interesting in my view.

11. sato113 (@sato113) said on 13th June 2010, 22:29

this is what all the races were MEANT to be like for this year. but they weren’t due to the strong tyres. big fail.

12. Ohhhh Canada said on 13th June 2010, 23:40

Great Race, really good to see the Elemets play such a Vital role (Weather, Tyres) instead of just the Cars, Technology, Drivers. Schumi won’t be able to keep driving like years gone by when you need to be pulling Hamilton moves with Class (even Button seems amazed by him). Great showing of who are the great Drivers in this fine season.

13. taurus said on 14th June 2010, 0:30

Even better than Turkey.

If Bernie ever takes Canada off the calendar again he should be pushed in front of a speeding McLaren.

• wasiF1 said on 14th June 2010, 2:05

That will not happen with Bernie at least for 2015 until which the track have the contract with the FOM.

14. Great race. Overtaking, strategy, the real deal. F1 really is back!

• David A said on 14th June 2010, 1:34

“(only negative point was Schumi’s usual disgraceful driving, he has and never has had any business being in F1)”

Never had any business being in F1? It looks like someone STILL can’t get over the fact that he’s a seven time world champion, regardless of what happens this year…

• Don’t even get me started on HOW he became “world champion”.
        Anyway, that’s not the point. This was a good race.

• David A said on 14th June 2010, 13:06

It was a good race, but you shouldn’t make nonsensical statements like “he has and never has had any business being in F1″. Most of his success was down to him being the best. Obviously he isn’t anymore.

15. A 9 from me. Stunning race, why was it ever taken off the calendar?

• Jhonnie Siggie said on 14th June 2010, 3:17

The Canadian authorities didnt want to pay uncle Bernie all the money he was looking for. When he saw that Canada wouldnt pay an arm and 2 legs, he caved in and agreed to a proper price.

16. wasiF1 said on 14th June 2010, 1:57

Can’t find a reason why this race shouldn’t received a 9. There was a piece of action on every lap of those 70. I have to give a special thanks to the spectator who have gone their & watched the best race of the season so far live.

17. Travis said on 14th June 2010, 2:36

What a race!

I’ve just finished watching as I had to record it (here in Australia it was on at 2am-4am)

The first 10/10 I’ve ever given, and I’m so glad that I recorded it rather then staying up to watch it. I could easily re watch this one.

But is the F1 costing Montreal so much they couldn’t afford a table for the post race conference?

18. Michel Jacques said on 14th June 2010, 2:54

Good thing F1 came back to Montreal, as this is always one of the most exciting race of the season… There should me more tracks like Montreal in the championship.

19. Charles Carroll said on 14th June 2010, 3:12

Great race! I gave it a 10. The coverage in America was great, but I am partial to David Hobbs and the Speed TV guys. They also did a great job explaining things to a wider audience in the states, as it was on FOX today.

20. Shimks said on 14th June 2010, 9:07

Wow, what an exciting race! And all because of quickly degrading tyres. FIA, take note!!