The unpredictable tyre performance in Canada probably flattered Lotus a little but nonetheless this was the most convincing performance by a new team so far this year.
Mike Gascoyne hailed their weekend as “a massive step forward for the whole team”.
|Jarno Trulli||Heikki Kovalainen|
|Qualifying time comparison (Q1)||1’18.698 (+0.461)||1’18.237|
|Average race lap||1’27.572 (+3.677)||1’23.894|
Started on the super-soft tyres and changed them after five laps. But halfway through the race a heavy vibration began, leading to a braking problem. After two visits to the pits he retired.
Comfortably out-qualified Trulli and, thanks to several drivers making early pit stops, he ran as high as sixth on lap seven.
Made three stops for tyres, leaving the super-softs until the end when the track had rubbered-in. Spent the end of the race defending his position from Vitaly Petrov who, despite having a fresher set of tyres on, spent nine laps trying to find a way past the Lotus with no success.
Afterwards he said:
It?óÔé¼Ôäós been a great weekend, and I?óÔé¼Ôäóm really pleased for the whole team with the result today. We finished ahead of Petrov and lapped the other new guys, and although it was hard work managing the tyres, it?óÔé¼Ôäós still great to show what we can do.
The race itself was tough, but it?óÔé¼Ôäós all about the result ?óÔé¼ÔÇ£ I didn?óÔé¼Ôäót have any technical problems with the car, but the rear wasn?óÔé¼Ôäót working quite as I?óÔé¼Ôäód have liked, and I think that was down to the tyre wear
2010 Canadian Grand Prix
- Start Shots: Canadian Grand Prix
- Technical review: Canadian Grand Prix
- Canadian Grand Prix was best race since Brazil 2008, F1 Fanatic readers say
- Kubica contact cost me fifth – Sutil
- “Can’t afford to just take points” – Hamilton
- Schumacher “closed the door too much”
- Alonso had fastest pit stop in Canada
- Alonso expects improvements at Ferrari
- 2010 Canadian Grand Prix – the complete F1 Fanatic race weekend review
- Hamilton wins despite more pit stop problems (McLaren race review)
Promoted content from around the web | Become an F1 Fanatic Supporter to hide this ad and others