The second day of the Goodwood Festival of Speed saw Formula 1 drivers past and present driving a selection of spectacular racing machines.
World champion Jenson Button drove Alain Prost’s McLaren which won the 1986 world championship while Mark Webber demonstrated last year’s Red Bull.
Bruno Senna drove his uncle’s last McLaren and HRT team mate Karun Chandhok was at the wheel of Keke Rosberg’s championship-winning Williams.
Jackie Stewart went up the hill in the same Lotus 38 that Jim Clark won the Indianapolis 500 with 45 years ago. And Mika Hakkinen got acquainted with a 1954 Mercedes W196.
John Surtees drove a Ferrari 158 which he won the world championship with in 1964.
Finally, Marc Gene and Nico Rosberg demonstrated two of last year’s cars. The latter was in the championship-winning Brawn BGP001 running in the colours Mercedes are using in F1 this year.
Check back here for more pictures later today as Jarno Trulli is set to take over Fittipaldi’s Lotus 72 and Button will be driving the 2008 McLaren-Mercedes MP4-23.
Goodwood Festival of Speed
- Loeb aims to beat F1 record at Goodwood Festival
- Favourite cars and highlights from Goodwood
- McLaren celebrate 50 years at Goodwood Festival
- Stars and their cars at the Goodwood Festival
- 2013 Goodwood Festival Sunday picture gallery
- Brabham BT52: Piquet back in his 1983 title-winner
- 2013 Goodwood Festival Saturday picture gallery
- 2013 Goodwood Festival Friday picture gallery
- Top 40 pictures from the 2012 Goodwood Festival
- Great Group C cars at the Goodwood Festival