Non-F1 cars at the 2010 Goodwood Festival of Speed (Pictures)

BMW 3.0 CSL

Our final set of pictures from the 2010 Goodwood Festival of Speed feature more highlights from the non-F1 cars in display and in action.

See below for 40 pictures of cars in disciplines as diverse as touring cars, rallying, NASCAR, endurance racing and more.

Goodwood Festival of Speed

Browse all Goodwood Festival of Speed articles

Image (C) F1Fanatic.co.uk

8 comments on Non-F1 cars at the 2010 Goodwood Festival of Speed (Pictures)

1. Hare (@hare) said on 6th July 2010, 0:27

My favourite cars from that bunch are :
    1) Alfa Romeo SE 048 SP
    2) Alfa Romeo 8C 2900B Le Mans Coupe ( just stunning )
    3) Berta LR ( looks like Penelope Pitstop’s base model :) )

honorable mention:
    AVS Shadow-Chevrolet Mk1… that’s just… just, words fail me :)

• UneedAFinn2Win said on 7th July 2010, 12:43

The Alfa Romeo 8C 2900B now that’s about as beautiful as a car gets. I think that style coupés should make a comeback.
      In fact WHEN we have to switch from our gasoline guzzlers to hydrogen fuel cells/battery packs (or any hybrid of those powerplants)THAT is the chassis I want mine delivered in.

2. AMG Fan said on 6th July 2010, 0:51

Great pictures and thanks for sharing. One small error though, the Peugeot 207 is an IRC car, not an ‘ITC’ car as stated.

3. F1Yankee said on 6th July 2010, 4:43

i want to drive that lancia tipo 55 :)

4. CovertGiblets said on 6th July 2010, 8:29

I used to go to the festival every year… and every year I found it increasingly boring!

Struth… we’ve had more coverage of Goodwood than anything else!

• thestig84 said on 6th July 2010, 14:23

Wow! Never heard anyone say that before. I take it you dont really like cars, history, modern F1 cars, star drivers and getting close to it all. Each to their own!!

5. Fer no.65 said on 7th July 2010, 3:04

THE BERTA LR!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!

I remember as a kid mum, dad and I went to Berta’s factory, the Fortaleza, at Alta Gracia, Cordoba (where the Ford TC2000 cars are built and developed).

And there it was, at a showroom, the Berta LR. The best prototype built in Argentina, with its V8 Cosworth engine, the only sport prototype to be built around the legendary engine at the time.

My dad told me that when the car raced at Buenos Aires, it beated the times set by Beltoise and Rindt. That the italians came by the box to have a look.

But it was too unreliable, to tricky to drive… Nevertheless, it was the best car ever to be designed in the country. It surprised many, and its still very remembered!.

Im amaized it got to Goodwood last weekend!.