|Sebastien Buemi||Jaime Alguersuari|
|Qualifying time comparison (Q1)||1’31.901 (-0.529)||1’32.430|
|Average race lap||1’38.574 (-0.605)||1’39.179|
Made an excellent start from 16th to pass Vitaly Petrov and Nico Hülkenberg on the run to Copse, but both managed to get past him again before the end of the first lap.
He dropped two seconds behind Hülkenberg so his team decided to pit him even though it would mean coming out behind Vitantonio Liuzzi. Buemi felt a chance for more points was missed:
It did not go well for me today. In terms of our strategy, after my tyre change, I came out behind Liuzzi who had not pitted, so I spent around ten laps behind him, using my front tyres a lot and when the Safety Car went in, I had a lot of graining on my front left tyre.
By the time that cleared up, I was able to put in some good lap times, but by then it was too late to do much. I am disappointed because I think one point might have been possible today, so we did not do a good job.
Ran close behind Buemi at the start and looked able to go quicker. A late pit stop helped him move up to 11th – but he went off at Woodcote with brake failure:
Of course I am disappointed not to have finished, but I was quite happy with my race up to that point, because the pace was there, I felt comfortable with the car and was getting faster as the race progressed. The team did a perfect job with my pit stop strategy.
As usual, I suffer a bit at tracks I have not driven before, having to learn them from Friday to Saturday, but from Hungary onwards, I will have had that experience from last season, which will make life easier.
2010 British Grand Prix
- Technical review: British Grand Prix
- Liuzzi explains hard tyre struggle
- Ten F1 fans’ stories from Silverstone
- 2010 British Grand Prix – the complete F1 Fanatic race weekend review
- Was new Silverstone a success? (Poll)
- Alonso: we’ll catch Red Bull in Germany
- Michael wants Silverstone bumps eased
- Who was the best driver of the British Grand Prix weekend? (Poll)
- Both cars in points (Williams race review)
- Kobayashi takes sixth (Sauber race review)