The most dramatic moment of the weekend for HRT came when they decided to replace regular driver Bruno Senna with Sakon Yamamoto.
|Karun Chandhok||Sakon Yamamoto|
|Qualifying time comparison (Q1)||1’36.576 (-0.392)||1’36.968|
|Average race lap||1’42.725 (-0.012)||1’42.737|
Beat his new team mate but was 1.3 seconds off the next fastest car in qualifying:
The race was pretty much as we expected to be honest. We weren’t really in a position to race with others so I pushed early on to open about 15 seconds gap to Sakon.
After the pit stop, I ran over some debris which damaged the barge board and the side pod on my car costing downforce. So after the safety car it was all about just managing the damage and the gap to Sakon.
Gained pace as the weekend went on and finished six-tenths of a second behind Chandhok.
2010 British Grand Prix
- Technical review: British Grand Prix
- Liuzzi explains hard tyre struggle
- Ten F1 fans’ stories from Silverstone
- 2010 British Grand Prix – the complete F1 Fanatic race weekend review
- Was new Silverstone a success? (Poll)
- Alonso: we’ll catch Red Bull in Germany
- Michael wants Silverstone bumps eased
- Who was the best driver of the British Grand Prix weekend? (Poll)
- Both cars in points (Williams race review)
- Kobayashi takes sixth (Sauber race review)