German Grand Prix Thursday pictures

Sakon Yamamoto, Karun Chandhok, Bruno Senna, Hockenheimring, 2010

The teams have arrived at a rainy Hockenheimring for the German Grand Prix.

Today Red Bull have been doing pit stop practice and the HRT trio have been driving trucks for some reason.

Take a look at the pictures from Thursday in Hockenheim below.

2010 German Grand Prix

Browse all 2010 German Grand Prix articles

Images (C) Ferrari spa, Getty Images/Red Bull, Force India F1 Team, Lotus F1

27 comments on German Grand Prix Thursday pictures

1. Helio said on 22nd July 2010, 20:24

Karun´s face on that picture is priceless…

2. Ads21 (@ads21) said on 22nd July 2010, 20:28

“the HRT trio have been driving trucks for some reason.”

its to give Sakon some testing time in a vehicle that has the same handling characteristics as the Hispania

• Fer no.65 (@fer-no65) said on 22nd July 2010, 20:40

no, it’s because they wanted to compare HRT performances with the other trucks they are racing

• bosyber said on 22nd July 2010, 20:55

Good point. And this way they can provide all of them with rides, and save money on truck drivers to boot. Win.

• Cacarella said on 22nd July 2010, 21:17

My guess is it has something to do with the trucks not being allowed in the back of the Garage anymore. I think I read somewhere that Martin Witmarsh said the teams are sometimes given the trucks (or at least at a reduced cost) by the manufacturer because of their presence in the garage. Without the presence due to the advertising BS, maybe HRT had to offer the manufacturer better exposure to avoid paying higher amounts of $$ for them (or having to return them)?

Just a guess but it seems like too much of a coincidence that they release these pictures shortly after the Witmarsh comments.

• Maia said on 22nd July 2010, 22:09

I think CAcarella is right.

• Pinball said on 23rd July 2010, 1:35

What’s the reasoning behind banning trucks from the paddock?

• KNF said on 23rd July 2010, 4:41

Advertising rights, Bernie (by way of Allsport) gets a cut from the garage advertising in all the races except Monaco (which he is now threatening) and the trucks are basically carrying team sponsor adverts without paying Allsport (which means Bernie goes starving)…

(Insert sarcastic tone above, pls…)

• Fixy (@fixy) said on 23rd July 2010, 10:23

Didn’t Klien have a go too?

3. Keith Collantine (@keithcollantine) said on 22nd July 2010, 20:43

What I want to know is what’s being said between Schumacher and Vettel…

• Scalextric said on 22nd July 2010, 20:52

But if you come to Mercedes next year you’ll be in a German car! Don’t worry, I can vacate my spot and look after your spot at Red Bull.

• Joey-Poey said on 22nd July 2010, 22:13

“Listen, being treated like #1 for the team TOTALLY won’t alienate your teammates, TRUST me. I mean, my teammates and I got along just fine…”

• Fer no.65 (@fer-no65) said on 22nd July 2010, 22:32

“They always say they are not number twos… but they eventually do the job”

• Wesley said on 22nd July 2010, 22:40

Schumacher: “So Kid,whata ya wanna know?”

Vettle: “Webber thinks HE is the #1,got any suggestions?”

Schumacher: (whispers) “OK…heres what ya gotta do…psst..pssst…Todt…pssst..pssst…block in quali…pssst…newest parts…pssst…bribe mechanics…psst….move to Ferrari when Alonso is gone

• Icthyes (@icthyes) said on 23rd July 2010, 4:43

Vettel: ‘So I crashed into Mark like you suggested, but it’s not working for me.’
      Schumacher: ‘Idiot! You were only supposed to blow the bloody doors off.’

• Maksutov said on 23rd July 2010, 5:51

Schumacher: ‘Idiot! You weren’t supposed to take yourself out.’

4. Ads21 (@ads21) said on 22nd July 2010, 20:52

Schumi: the secret to my success was that my number two drivers always knew their place
    Vettel: tell that to Nico!

• BBT said on 22nd July 2010, 20:57

Classic, like it.

• Todfod said on 23rd July 2010, 6:33

Vettel: I had number 1 driver status last year, but I don’t know what the hell is going on this year.

Schumacher: You’re telling me. I had number 1 driver status my whole career, and look at me now! Guess we have to actually beat our teammates on track…. man this is gonna be hard!

5. BBT said on 22nd July 2010, 20:58

Looking forward to a great weekend.

6. Tiomkin said on 23rd July 2010, 8:17

Schmi:’In my day, number 2 drivers used to hand you race wins on a plate, sigh. How I long for Yesterday’.

Vett:’I feel your pain, for sure’.