Rate the race: 2010 German Grand Prix

What did you think of the German Grand Prix? Rate the race out of ten and leave a comment below:

[poll id="154"]

1 = ‘Terrible’, 10 = ‘Perfect’

See the results for past seasons here:

184 comments on Rate the race: 2010 German Grand Prix

1. Mateus01 said on 25th July 2010, 15:06

Im not even looking forward to next race after this.

2. christopheraser said on 25th July 2010, 15:08

Another race ruined by Ferrari. Who actually like that team?

• OJi said on 25th July 2010, 15:21

I am… And another few millions.

They should be penalized, as another comment said, for bad inspiration, total lack of creativity.

As for those that scream that Ferrari cheated, please tell how did they cheat ? They lead the race from lap one.

my2c,
      OJi.

PS – I rated 7.

• Ryan M said on 25th July 2010, 20:27

I am a Ferrari fan. To be honest they did cheat but what differece does it make, we were probably going to be 1,2 anyway. I did want Massa to win but as long as we are back init i dont care. There should be a penalty of some sort ,not against the drivers but the team. Maybe taking all of our constructures point away seems pretty fair. It wasn’t the drivers fault but the Teams.

• jackal said on 27th July 2010, 1:37

I would cite the above posts as reasons why Ferrari fans need to re-examine their thinking. You state “To be honest they did cheat but what differece[sic] does it make”. Apparently, it makes a difference to those who want to watch a good race (see all the comments here).

Since I’m not a Ferrari fan, I don’t care which driver wins – I hope to see a good race, some driving skill, some passing, and some good old fun. Watching a driver who had every reason to try to win the race give it to his team mate in this fashion just stinks!

3. Mountain Man said on 25th July 2010, 15:11

Disgusted…gave it a 1 Ferrari should be ashamed!!! A Bad day for the sport.Should have been Massa’s win! (& I’m a Maclaren fan )

4. bosyber said on 25th July 2010, 15:12

I went for 6, in the end. Before, and until the pit stops were over, and several laps after that it was quite exciting. The Ferrari being back to MSC ways is bringing it down a bit, as are the laps before that when it was getting a bit boring. But a lot of things happening behind the top 6 too. Sorry for DLR and his front wing.

5. Daniel K said on 25th July 2010, 15:12

No surprise about Alonso’s character. He is a really good driver and doesn’t need orders like the one we’ve seen today to win races. He should just do what he is paid for and he might have succeeded. However, the least thing I like about him is his bad attitude towards the sport. Here is why:
    1)He never gave up that Cingapore victory, and he indeed spoiled Massa’s title in 2008.
    2) He was totally not decent in China, at the entrace of the pit lane with Massa (I wonder what he would have said if Massa did the same to him on that occasion).
    3) In Valencia he was crying like a baby about Hamilton’s advantage with the safety car issue.
    4) Hockenheim shows his clear character when at first he said “ridiculous” about Massa’s defense after the pit stops, and the disgraceful team order.

Ferrari is ridiculous and neither the drivers, nor the teams, nor the race, nor the fans needed that.

6. rfs said on 25th July 2010, 15:13

I gave it a 5. Average race. And Massa fully deserved to win this race, he should have ignored Smedley.

7. William Wilgus said on 25th July 2010, 15:15

Congratulations to Ferrari for catching up technically with their car and Massa coming back to his top form. Congratulations to Schumi for apparently closing the gap to his team-mate. I can’t say I am thrilled that Ferrari told Massa to let the faster Alonso by. However, a driver letting a faster one — whether team-mate or not — is a show of true sportsmanship. Had Massa been faster than Alonso when told to let Alonso by would have been extremely un-sportsman-like.

• rfs said on 25th July 2010, 15:22

“However, a driver letting a faster one — whether team-mate or not — is a show of true sportsmanship.”

OH GOD Please be trolling!

• David BR said on 25th July 2010, 15:52

I really don’t know why you bother watching Formula 1 if the ‘fastest guy’ actually has to be let past.

8. opsin said on 25th July 2010, 15:21

1 – purely because of Alonso. It would have potentially been a 1 if Alonso had won anyway, but to win via race orders just made it pathetic, and such a kick in the nuts for Felipe, who I feel truly sorry for.

9. Daniel K said on 25th July 2010, 15:23

By the way, Keith:
    I had the impression that the order for letting Alonso pass didn’t come from Smedley, since the message was rather dull and barely impolite (and this is not Smedley-Massa relationship pattern). I don’t know if I got too impressed or it was really not from him.
    Afterwards, Smedley’s tone (and then it was more like Smedley’s tone) was much softer and apologised the move.

Did you guys have the same impression?

• Staffan said on 25th July 2010, 15:29

Yeh i sounded more like Stella.

• goofy said on 25th July 2010, 16:22

No it was Smedley. And he pushed the ‘free-to-air button’ while he was speaking to Massa by purpose. So everybody could hear the team order. I don’t think Stella would have give this team radio FTA

• Ryan M said on 25th July 2010, 20:32

I thought everything was free to air, thats why teams use codes?

• BasCB (@bascb) said on 25th July 2010, 21:40

Exactly, every radio transmission is freely available to FOM (who decides what is broadcast on TV) and for the FIA.

• Xibi said on 25th July 2010, 15:33

About 15 minutes after the race in an interview done by Italian TV RAI, he dismissed that any form of team orders took place, actually by laughing at those ‘implications’.
      I’d really like to see him laugh in Massa’s face while explaining to him what ‘really’ happened.

10. Santandermoney said on 25th July 2010, 15:23

It was garbage.
    The longest competing team in Formula one is not in it for the sport anymore.

11. The Hundredth Idiot said on 25th July 2010, 15:24

Humphrey got it right, leaves a terrible taste in you mouth – so I voted 1. Looking forward to the first real test of Todt’s presidency. For me Felipe will always be the real victor of this race. Forza Felipe!

12. Owen G said on 25th July 2010, 15:29

Whether Alonso was quicker or not is irrelavent. F1 is not a time trial, it’s a race, and Massa was winning that race by making the necessary overtakes. It was up to Alonso to catch and pass him.

Poor sod. Massive insult to the guy a year on from him nearly dying.

13. I am a big brazilian fan of F1 since Airton Senna, but unfortunately we keep seeing sad episodes like this today (remember that it happened with Barichello on Ferrari before). I thought that we could be wrong thinking that Ferrari did it, but I can see by the rate given to the race that everyone could see this.

Very very sad…

14. DavidS said on 25th July 2010, 15:34

The race was not boring.
    The start was good. Vettel put in a good performance, plenty of overtaking in the midfield and overall a lot of close battles.

The whole Ferrari thing makes the race MORE interesting. Although I’m sure we’re all simmering with bile at the moment, it will generate a lot of press, a lot of opinions, and the current result, and possibly a revised result will have huge ramifications on the championship. This is one of those races which we will be able to remember in a decade, just like Austria 2002.

Just because what happened makes you angry does not make the race bad. Bad races are the ones where nothing happened, like Bahrain.

People who are serious F1 fans should be well aware of the sport’s ability to generate scandals. F1 has always had a bit of a dirty reputation, so if you are shocked and appalled by what happened, maybe try another sport. Especially since it’s Ferrari, who you would expect to do this kind of thing.
    The commentators saw it coming on Lap 1. So if you didn’t think it was possible, kindly shut up and let people who understand the sport talk.

• Electrolite said on 25th July 2010, 15:36

I don’t think people thoguht the majority of the race was ‘bad.’ I think a lot of the 1/10 ratings are a sort of protest against how the race turned out.

15. Tim said on 25th July 2010, 15:35

A FULL DISGRACE for F1 and Massa.

For me F1 will go on vacations for long…