The C29s weren’t as quick at Hockenheim as they had been at Silverstone and neither driver was able to score points.
|Pedro de la Rosa||Kamui Kobayashi|
|Qualifying time comparison (Q2)||1’15.550 (+0.466)||1’15.084|
|Average race lap||1’20.348 (+0.403)||1’19.945|
Pedro de la Rosa
Sauber split their strategies again and this time it was de la Rosa to take the gamble of starting on the hard tyres.
It brought him up to seventh for several laps but after his pit stop he resumed in 14th. Now running on the super-soft tyres he looked quick and passed Nico H?â??lkenberg for 13th.
After that he was shaping up to pass Rubens Barrichello when he made a mistake at the final corner, leaving him defending his position from H?â??lkenberg once more.
He caught up to Barrichello again and tried to follow him past as he lapped Heikki Kovalainen but the Lotus driver turned in, plucking the front-left end plate off de la Rosa’s car.
He lost a place to H?â??lkenberg and pitted for a new front wing, leaving him 14th.
Qualified 12th and moved up to tenth at the start. But he slipped out of the points during the pit stops and ended the race a frustrated 11th:
I am not really happy with today?óÔé¼Ôäós race. I felt a lack of grip on both sets of tyres, and tyre degradation started quite early on. In qualifying the balance of the car was definitely better than today. However, I had a good start and made up two positions then. The crew did a good pit stop. I tried to overtake Michael Schumacher, who was held up by a back marker, but then we ended up fighting on the straight and this is not really a strength of our car yet. Later I tried to fight Vitaly Petrov, but could not get by him either.
2010 German Grand Prix
- Ferrari face FIA World Motor Sport Council on team orders charge tomorrow
- Ferrari: ?óÔé¼?ôLauda missed out on a fine opportunity to keep his mouth shut?óÔé¼?Ø
- Lauda: Ferrari will get a pasting from WMSC
- From the stands: Tommy B and Katy watch the German GP at Hockenheim
- Technical review: German and Hungarian Grands Prix
- From the stands: Nikolai Vogler watches two races in one week
- “I am much quicker than Felipe” – how Alonso urged Ferrari to use team orders
- F1 fans slam rigged German Grand Prix
- 2010 German Grand Prix – the complete F1 Fanatic race weekend review
- Who was the best driver of the German Grand Prix weekend? (Poll)