Neither Lotus finished the German Grand Prix, but Heikki Kovalainen led the new teams before colliding with Pedro de la Rosa.
|Jarno Trulli||Heikki Kovalainen|
|Qualifying time comparison (Q1)||1’17.583 (-0.717)||1’18.300|
|Average race lap||3’16.052 (+111.142)||1’24.909|
Very happy with a qualifying performance that saw him out-qualify his team mate by over seven tenths of a second:
I?óÔé¼Ôäóve had a great weekend so far. I?óÔé¼Ôäóve had no troubles with the car and I?óÔé¼Ôäóve been able to work on getting the right balance, and being comfortable with how the car feels in all the sessions.
You can see from the lap time today just how good it?óÔé¼Ôäós been, so I?óÔé¼Ôäóm really happy, but obviously we always have work to do, and the satisfaction comes from putting in the work and seeing results like the lap today. Tomorrow it?óÔé¼Ôäós all about pushing the guys ahead and getting both cars home again, so that?óÔé¼Ôäós where the focus is now.
But a gearbox failure early on wrecked his race.
Was set for what could have been an exciting battle for new team honours when he collided with Pedro de la Rosa, putting him out of the race:
A disappointing end but it was just one of those things that can happen when you?óÔé¼Ôäóre having to let cars past. It was my mistake but I didn?óÔé¼Ôäót see the Sauber coming.
I thought I was letting the Williams past, and didn?óÔé¼Ôäót see the Sauber so I closed the door and that was the end of the race. It?óÔé¼Ôäós a shame because I was running pretty well until then.
The stewards gave Kovalainen a reprimand for the collision.
2010 German Grand Prix
- Ferrari face FIA World Motor Sport Council on team orders charge tomorrow
- Ferrari: ?óÔé¼?ôLauda missed out on a fine opportunity to keep his mouth shut?óÔé¼?Ø
- Lauda: Ferrari will get a pasting from WMSC
- From the stands: Tommy B and Katy watch the German GP at Hockenheim
- Technical review: German and Hungarian Grands Prix
- From the stands: Nikolai Vogler watches two races in one week
- “I am much quicker than Felipe” – how Alonso urged Ferrari to use team orders
- F1 fans slam rigged German Grand Prix
- 2010 German Grand Prix – the complete F1 Fanatic race weekend review
- Who was the best driver of the German Grand Prix weekend? (Poll)
Promoted content from around the web | Become an F1 Fanatic Supporter to hide this ad and others