Both Williams drivers qualified inside the top ten but poor starts condemned them to end the race point-less.
|Rubens Barrichello||Nico H?â??lkenberg|
|Qualifying time comparison (Q3)||1’15.109 (-0.23)||1’15.339|
|Average race lap||1’19.970 (-0.01)||1’19.980|
Qualified eighth but was almost half a second slower in Q3 than he’d been in Q2.
Both FW32s were slow off the line, Barrichello lost two places to begin with then another place when he failed to cover off an attack from Kamui Kobayashi at the hairpin.
He ran ahead of Vitaly Petrov after that but the Renault driver got ahead by pitting later than the Williams.
Like his team mate, H?â??lkenberg failed to better his Q2 time in Q3 and lost three places at the start, falling to 13th.
Unlike his team mate he ran a very long stint at the start – 34 laps on the super-softs, which suggested Bridgestone’s ‘extreme’ variation in tyre compounds was actually quite conservative.
His lap times had fallen off badly by the time he came in, the team realising there was no point in pitting him sooner as he would still lose the same number of places, and they hoped the safety car might make a useful appearance.
It didn’t, and he came back out of the pits in 14th, picking up one place by the end to finish within six tenths of a second of his team mate.
2010 German Grand Prix
- Ferrari face FIA World Motor Sport Council on team orders charge tomorrow
- Ferrari: ?óÔé¼?ôLauda missed out on a fine opportunity to keep his mouth shut?óÔé¼?Ø
- Lauda: Ferrari will get a pasting from WMSC
- From the stands: Tommy B and Katy watch the German GP at Hockenheim
- Technical review: German and Hungarian Grands Prix
- From the stands: Nikolai Vogler watches two races in one week
- “I am much quicker than Felipe” – how Alonso urged Ferrari to use team orders
- F1 fans slam rigged German Grand Prix
- 2010 German Grand Prix – the complete F1 Fanatic race weekend review
- Who was the best driver of the German Grand Prix weekend? (Poll)
Promoted content from around the web | Become an F1 Fanatic Supporter to hide this ad and others