Toro Rosso’s race was ruined when their drivers collided on the first lap.
|Sebastien Buemi||Jaime Alguersuari|
|Qualifying time comparison (Q2)||1’15.974 (+0.386)||1’15.588|
|Average race lap||1’45.623 (+25.01)||1’20.613|
Not for the first time this year, his race was ruined on the first lap.
Even worse, it was his team mate who took him out, driving into the back of Buemi at the hairpin.
Beat his team mate in qualifying for only the second time this year. But Buemi got ahead of him at the start.
Alguersuari failed to anticipate how much the cars in front of him would slow down by at the hairpin on lap one and crashed into his team mate, who then dragged his car around the hairpin.
Had to pit for repairs and ended the race 15th after passing the new teams:
Regarding the incident with Sebastien, I was on the inside going into Turn 6 and I braked well leaving enough space, but there seemed to be some problems in front of me, as the cars ahead all slowed much more than is normal. I braked again, but it was not enough and I drove into him. Naturally, I am sorry for that. I had to pit for a new nose and we switched to the soft tyres at that point, having started on the hards. In terms of performance, the car was quite fast and I was able to do some good lap times.
2010 German Grand Prix
- Ferrari face FIA World Motor Sport Council on team orders charge tomorrow
- Ferrari: “Lauda missed out on a fine opportunity to keep his mouth shut”
- Lauda: Ferrari will get a pasting from WMSC
- From the stands: Tommy B and Katy watch the German GP at Hockenheim
- Technical review: German and Hungarian Grands Prix
- From the stands: Nikolai Vogler watches two races in one week
- “I am much quicker than Felipe” – how Alonso urged Ferrari to use team orders
- F1 fans slam rigged German Grand Prix
- 2010 German Grand Prix – the complete F1 Fanatic race weekend review
- Who was the best driver of the German Grand Prix weekend? (Poll)