The German Grand Prix was rated the worst race in three years by F1 fans.
F1 Fanatic has conducted post-race polls on what fans thought of Grands Prix since 2008. The German Grand Prix, which Fernando Alonso won after team mate Felipe Massa was ordered to let him pass, received a lowest-ever rating of 3.74 out of ten.
Over 3,500 fans responded to the poll after Sunday’s race and one-third gave the race the lowest possible rating.
There are the ten least popular races according to F1 fans since the start of 2008:
Here’s a sample of the comments left by fans about the German Grand Prix:
Massa was robbed by his own team. Makes a mockery of calling this a race. He deserved the win and it would have been fantastic a year after his accident for all F1 fans, no matter which team they support, to celebrate his come back.
This is exactly why the rules changed and Ferrari should be disqualified for openly giving team orders. They would have had a one-two without team orders and the best driver would have won – fair and square.
Typically, a race this dull would get a 5 from me. But Ferrari Team orders absolutely kills any credibility of this “race”.
Now [we] will see for sure how neutral Jean Todt is as FIA President.
I rated one – I think there was little in the way of battles. Temperature probably played a hand in this with it being cooler allowing the option to last longer.
Then of course we were robbed as fans of any chance of a race with the team orders.
I voted one, but only because zero wasn’t an option. That wasn’t a race. There was no race to rate. As an F1 fan, I feel cheated. Ferrari owe me the last two hours of my life back.
2010 German Grand Prix
- Ferrari face FIA World Motor Sport Council on team orders charge tomorrow
- Ferrari: “Lauda missed out on a fine opportunity to keep his mouth shut”
- Lauda: Ferrari will get a pasting from WMSC
- From the stands: Tommy B and Katy watch the German GP at Hockenheim
- Technical review: German and Hungarian Grands Prix
- From the stands: Nikolai Vogler watches two races in one week
- “I am much quicker than Felipe” – how Alonso urged Ferrari to use team orders
- F1 fans slam rigged German Grand Prix
- 2010 German Grand Prix – the complete F1 Fanatic race weekend review
- Who was the best driver of the German Grand Prix weekend? (Poll)