The rain which hit the first two days’ running at the Hockenheimring could have a similar effect on this weekend’s Hungarian Grand Prix.
The EUMETSAT rainfall estimate shows the same large band of rain is heading towards Hungary at the moment. Given its size, speed and direction it could hit practice on Friday and possibly sessions after that as well.
The most recent image from the satellite is reproduced above with the approximate location of the Hungaroring marked in red. Click here to see an animation of the recent rainfall movement.
Exactly what happens will depend on how the band of rain moves, so keep an eye on the radar links ahead of each session for up-to-date forecasts. The same links will be on the live comment pages during every session.
The weekend is expected to be warm with temperatures in the mid-to-high twenties.
Keep an eye on changes in the weather with these links:
- Hungarian Meterological Service (Orszagos Meterologiai Szolgalat) – Rainfall over the previous two hours. They also have a daily weather update in English
- Eumetsat Precipitation Estimate Easten Europe
Location of the Hungaroring
The Hungaroring lies in Mogyorod, to the north-east of Budapest.
View Hungaroring location in a larger map
If you’re in the area and can supply us with any information about the weather, please post it in the comments or let me know using Twitter.
2010 Hungarian Grand Prix
- Technical review: German and Hungarian Grands Prix
- From the stands: Nikolai Vogler watches two races in one week
- Ecclestone asks Hungarian President “Was your crown made in China?”
- Michael defends Barrichello strategy
- How F1 can make pit stops safer
- 2010 Hungarian Grand Prix – the complete F1 Fanatic race weekend review
- A move too far: Schumacher forces stewards to take a stand
- Who was the best driver of the Hungarian Grand Prix weekend?
- Red Bull mark 100th F1 start with win (Hungarian Grand Prix facts and stats)
- Red Bull fly to victory but FIA set to clip their wings (Red Bull race review)
Image (C) EUMETSAT
Promoted content from around the web | Become an F1 Fanatic Supporter to hide this ad and others