2010 Hungarian Grand Prix grid

22. Bruno Senna 1’26.391
HRT-Cosworth
Row 12 23. Kamui Kobayashi* 1’22.222
Sauber-Ferrari
24. Sakon Yamamoto 1’26.453
HRT-Cosworth

*Five -place grid penalty (ignored red light in the pit lane)

2010 Hungarian Grand Prix

Browse all 2010 Hungarian Grand Prix articles

24 comments on 2010 Hungarian Grand Prix grid

1. Setroc said on 31st July 2010, 14:25

How long has it been since we’ve seen a car qualify 1.2 seconds ahead of their rivals?

2. Alexi said on 31st July 2010, 14:25

I predict the race to end as such (first 10 places):
    Vettel – Webber – Alonso – Hamilton – Massa – Kubica – Button – Rosberg – Petrov – Schumacher

• Steve said on 31st July 2010, 14:55

I think you are about spot on.
      Another boring race think I’ll just watch it on I player later and can fast forward to the good bits!.

3. Dan Thorn (@dan-thorn) said on 31st July 2010, 14:30

The Renault’s disappointed. Was expecting more from them to be honest – great result for Vitaly though. Yamamoto within a tenth of Senna too…what’s happening?!

• bosyber said on 31st July 2010, 14:31

Kubica had a bad lap – otherwise he might have gotten Rosberg at least. Rosberg clearly is doing a great job.

• Dan Thorn (@dan-thorn) said on 31st July 2010, 14:38

Rosberg did a brilliant job – I thought he may even struggle to make Q3, let alone be a fairly comfortable 6th.

• Calum said on 31st July 2010, 14:42

Agree, I rate Rosberg really highly more than Vettel and Kubica even though those two are race winners.

• Prisoner Monkeys (@prisoner-monkeys) said on 31st July 2010, 15:18

Kubica had a bad lap the first time around, but what about his second? He out-paced Petrov and de la Rosa, but Petrov hit back.

Why is it that when Kubica has a good run, it’s because he’s had a good lap, but when Petrov has a good run, it’s because Kubica did a bad lap?

• steph said on 31st July 2010, 14:45

I think on Sen’s last lap he oversteered off (when Kobay was behind) so that may explain why they’re so close but even so Sen shouldn’t have made the mistake.

As for Renault. Kubica made a mistake I thinkbut that’s what this quali is about-delivering when the pressure is on. I expected Kub to be the quicker one but good on Petrov for keeping it together and at times he was mighty through s1 this weekend

4. rfs said on 31st July 2010, 14:35

Lewis starting on the clean side. :D He should be able to jump Massa, and at least one of the red bulls will have a bad race. So I think a podium is within reach!

5. sato113 said on 31st July 2010, 15:11

if Alonso can get in between the red bulls at the start, we could have a race!

6. Dev said on 31st July 2010, 15:22

there is no race here, only a safety car can stop Red Bull…

even if whoever gets ahead of Red Bull at the start… he won’t be running away and creating a gap… and when they pit you will see Red Bull do 3 quick laps and take the lead away… the car is very strong in sector 2 & 3… they might jus lap everybody except Ferrari with that pace.

so conclusion rain, safety car, reliability or accident can stop the Red (hot) Bull…

7. Monad said on 31st July 2010, 15:49

I put in my predictions a time of 1:18.730 for Vettel. I came pretty close. If only he kept it steady at the last sector. He was about as much faster after the second sector to get that exact time.

8. BasCB (@bascb) said on 31st July 2010, 18:00

If Vettel veers towards Mark Webber here, maybe Alonso can do the same Massa did in Hockenheim and get past both of them.
    I’m not yet giving up on seeing an exiting race. Also Kobayashi will have to go throught the field from 23rd and Button might do some nice work in the first laps.

• nelly said on 31st July 2010, 19:29

I was thinking the same on Vettel. Somehow don’t think he will though if he thinks the dirty side is so dirty that Mark won’t have a chance of passing him. He might just end up going straight and defending against Fernando. Would rather him do as you say though as that’ll mean the Red Bulls will be chasing Alonso from then on and I’d sooner see that than them just running away with it.

9. Christopher Vissing said on 31st July 2010, 18:53

Amen, what a grid.. The Red Bull dominance reminds me of McLaren ’88 … I wish for a great race tmw.. Give us rain and safety car!

10. Ryan Davis said on 31st July 2010, 20:08

You came here from http://www.google.co.uk searching for f1 hungary 2010 starting grid. The following articles might also be of interest:”

This came up when I clicked on the link at the right hand side of the page to come here. I did not come from google, f1fanatic is one of my main pages.

Just fyi

11. US_Peter (@us_peter) said on 31st July 2010, 20:18

I was really bummed for Kobayashi. First he had traffic, then he ran past the stop light and got a penalty. Oh well, at least we should see some good overtaking from him in the early stages of the race…

12. OEL said on 31st July 2010, 23:35

If the top 5 will remain unchanged tomorrow, my prediction will be completely right!